Update " Dom made second trip to Durham during lockdown "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Dominic Cummings should be sacked/resign?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 39

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Sky News

Dominic Cummings made a second trip to Durham during the lockdown, according to reports.

The prime minister's top aide was seen on 19 April near his family's home in the North East, said The Guardian and the Daily Mirror.

The papers reported he was photographed in Downing Street days earlier after he returned from Durham.

In late March, Mr Cummings allegedly broke lockdown rules when he travelled 260 miles from London to Durham.

Mr Johnson's chief adviser is facing calls to resign after it emerged he left the capital with his wife and son to stay with his elderly parents - after developing coronavirus symptoms.

Durham Police confirmed they spoke to the owners of a property on 31 March - a week after the prime minister imposed the lockdown - after a call from someone reporting they had seen Mr Cummings in the area.

But Downing Street said nobody related to Mr Cummings was spoken to by police, and it was entirely right for him to seek childcare for his four-year-old son.

Mr Cummings has insisted "I behaved reasonably and legally".
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Update " Dom made second trip to Durham during lockdown

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat May 23, 2020 7:29 pm

His arrogance in not resigning so far is breathtaking. He has utter contempt for the law and for the people of this country who have made all the sacrifices this government has requested. If he does not leave then frankly why should any of us bother to adhere to the government guidance going forward? Let civil unrest begin in my view.
EastleighBlue

Postby thomasblue » Sat May 23, 2020 7:29 pm

It sounds like he did not have much choice .

If both parents are showing symptoms and or are essential workers then they would need to somehow shield the child and have someone take care of them.
It just so happens that the help was in Durham.

Pretty much everybody would have done the same thing to protect the child and ensure his safety
thomasblue

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 pm

thomasblue wrote:It sounds like he did not have much choice .

If both parents are showing symptoms and or are essential workers then they would need to somehow shield the child and have someone take care of them.

Pretty much everybody would have done the same thing to protect the child and ensure his safety

What? No choice? Behave! He wasn't ill, his wife was. He had a choice and any other member of the public would have been fined. He has to go or all credibility in the messages the government are giving are gone (if any is left currently).
EastleighBlue

Postby Sven » Sat May 23, 2020 7:41 pm

It's the hypocrisy more than the actual deed for me, so out the scruffy one must go! :wave:

Pulling Boris' strings from behind the scenes and responsible for quite a few faux pas in the Government's current thinking in recent time means he needs be whiter than white; but he chose the Happy Shopper own brand rather than Daz

TV comments were deflective at best :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby thomasblue » Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:

What? No choice? Behave! He wasn't ill, his wife was. He had a choice and any other member of the public would have been fined. He has to go or all credibility in the messages the government are giving are gone (if any is left currently).

So they are both northern with no family in london.

The wife is ill and he is needed in government and also got sick himself

Who looks after the child if they are both sick ?

The best thing for that child is given the job he has and the fact the mother was sick is to be with other family and I would have done the exact same thing as he did. His children come first end of story.
thomasblue

Postby epping blue » Sat May 23, 2020 8:08 pm

thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

The best thing for that child is given the job he has and the fact the mother was sick is to be with other family and I would have done the exact same thing as he did. His children come first end of story.

If both parents were hospitalised or to ill to look after the child, then they would look at local family or social circle. That fails and the child would be taken into care just like any other. Now its quite easy to believe that Dom doesn't have a very big social circle but his wife does have family in the south east. Failing that I'm sure someone would have shot down from Durham to collect him. Cant say I'm much bothered whether he stays or goes, that's up to Boris who the electorate have charged with running the country for the next 4.5 years. If you don't agree with the decision Boris makes then vote accordingly, in 4.5 years time.
epping blue

Postby epping blue » Sat May 23, 2020 8:11 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:His arrogance in not resigning so far is breathtaking. He has utter contempt for the law and for the people of this country who have made all the sacrifices this government has requested. If he does not leave then frankly why should any of us bother to adhere to the government guidance going forward? Let civil unrest begin in my view.

I assume the Civil unrest comment is in jest ?
epping blue

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat May 23, 2020 8:17 pm

epping blue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:His arrogance in not resigning so far is breathtaking. He has utter contempt for the law and for the people of this country who have made all the sacrifices this government has requested. If he does not leave then frankly why should any of us bother to adhere to the government guidance going forward? Let civil unrest begin in my view.

I assume the Civil unrest comment is in jest ?

Partly. I am quite moderate in my politics. But this sort of 'double standard' when people have made so many sacrifices may start to break people.
The Spanish are now taking to the streets so why not here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52783936
EastleighBlue

Postby thomasblue » Sat May 23, 2020 8:24 pm

epping blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

If both parents were hospitalised or to ill to look after the child, then they would look at local family or social circle. That fails and the child would be taken into care just like any other. Now its quite easy to believe that Dom doesn't have a very big social circle but his wife does have family in the south east. Failing that I'm sure someone would have shot down from Durham to collect him. Cant say I'm much bothered whether he stays or goes, that's up to Boris who the electorate have charged with running the country for the next 4.5 years. If you don't agree with the decision Boris makes then vote accordingly, in 4.5 years time.

So it's ok for someone to drive to london to get a child but it's not ok for him to drop the child to Durham?
thomasblue

Postby Foghorn65 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Do not lecture the nation and instruct a no travel lockdown then do what you want.

Resign
Foghorn65

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat May 23, 2020 8:30 pm

The "reason" of childcare was good enough earlier, but not now.

It's been proven to be a bogus defence.

Reports that a number of Cabinet ministers are very unhappy tonight and I'm not surprised. They were told to put out on their own Twitter accounts the childcare reasons in defence of Cummings. But this latest information has gone against that.

It's very difficult to make a case for him to stay, even more so when he was the man who ran the People vs Elite election campaign on December. The way it looks is there's one rule for the PM's advisor and another for everyone else.

But it's often been said that the PM sees Cummings as some sort of genius and will be very reluctant to see him go.

But as I have suggested above, many key members of the cabinet have been made to look very foolish tonight.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby epping blue » Sat May 23, 2020 8:42 pm

thomasblue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

So it's ok for someone to drive to london to get a child but it's not ok for him to drop the child to Durham?

If it had ended up in that scenario then of course it would be OK for someone to come from Durham to get the child. The alternative in that scenario would have been the child going into care. I'm indifferent to what actually happened although I can fully appreciate the claims of rank hypocrisy. With his influence at the centre of government it was very poor judgement and a gift for the very many detractors eager to pounce. Odd bloke, but fully aware of the difficulty this would cause. No comment that today we had our lowest daily weekday death total for 8 weeks. Slowly moving in the right direction but at the moment I cant see how this ends.
epping blue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 23, 2020 9:02 pm

No Surprise to me that Dom the Bully Boy thinks he is above the rules / law or anyone else in this country -

Told most on here who wanted to Listen ( there is that word again !! ) last year and beyond - what this guy is about .

He has to help the Gov - Are we that short of others helping out ?? Seriously this guy is out of control !!!

People have followed Gov rules for over 8 weeks - Not seen loved ones - family in hospitals - etc ...etc ...

So many Con MP's scared of this guy in case history repeats - and they get pinned up against the wall by Dom ???

One Rule for Bully Dom - and One Rule for the rest of US !!!

( Look Forward to the 1st Person who wants to Question any of the above - Remember do your Homework !!! ) .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Yes
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 23, 2020 9:14 pm

Piers Morgan:

If Boris doesn’t fire Cummings today, then I will deem the Lockdown over & drive down to see my parents (from a 2m distance) for the first time in 12 weeks. I’m not having one rule for these clowns & another for the rest of us.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Sat May 23, 2020 9:38 pm

What a fuss over nothing, lefties looking any excuse to criticise the government, and the media grabbing the opportunity of more negativity, because they don’t like him :roll:

Don’t resign feck them all off especially Piers and the lefties :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat May 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Bluebina wrote:What a fuss over nothing, lefties looking any excuse to criticise the government, and the media grabbing the opportunity of more negativity, because they don’t like him :roll:

It's not a question of left v right, it's a question of what's morally right.

Dom's actions were morally wrong.

As has been suggested, if he isn't gone soon then it will be the PM in the firing line - not from "lefties" as you so poetically put it, but from his own side.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Was looking forward to today's Gov Briefing hoping that Matt Hancock would be there to dig Dom out of a hole :roll:

Sadly not as Grant Shapps was there who has a tough job - but i have a lot of time for him when it comes to honesty .

Today he was reading a script from HO - But in the past he has been open and honest unlike some in his party.

As i said before i have never voted in a GE - But that does not stop me from finding Good and Bad from whoever .

Cummings has not made the correct decision - if he is to follow the science which he is sort / part of SAGE ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby moonboots » Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 pm

Bluebina wrote:What a fuss over nothing, lefties looking any excuse to criticise the government, and the media grabbing the opportunity of more negativity, because they don’t like him :roll:

What's so good about the right if they break and flout their own rules? They see themselves as some sort of elite who are above the rules. Hope he goes. Bring him down a peg or two. Another u turn coming up?
moonboots

Postby bluesince62 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Piers Morgan:

If Boris doesn’t fire Cummings today, then I will deem the Lockdown over & drive down to see my parents (from a 2m distance) for the first time in 12 weeks. I’m not having one rule for these clowns & another for the rest of us.

Cannot stand piers, but have to agree with his stance on this! :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 23, 2020 11:07 pm

Those still interested - The lovely Emily Maitllis ( News Night ) Broadcast " In Taking Control " - About Dom and his rise

Dominic Cummings 'pinned political rival against wall and threatened him'
EXCLUSIVE: Colin Perry has revealed he clashed with Boris Johnson's top adviser Dominic Cummings - who was said to 'fancy himself a bit of a gangster'

Chief adviser to No10 Dominic Cummings once pinned a political rival to a wall and threatened him, it is claimed in a new documentary.
In Taking Control: The Dominic Cummings Story, Mr Perry told Emily Maitlis of his encounter with Cummings.

He said: “We had to come down a rather narrow flight of steps from the studio. Suddenly I felt he’d grabbed my shoulders from behind and was trying to push me down the steps. I managed to keep my footing and make my way to the bottom.

“I turned around to confront him and he seized me by the tie, pushed me against the wall and raised his fist.

“My main feeling was one of self-preservation, to get out of his clutches.”
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 23, 2020 11:16 pm

The above is not from this week - last week or last year - but it is is what it is - But to me history - Learn from it !!!

Plenty more of this idiots decisions making to post over the years - Do people now a days check records of some ???

Do your Homework - Or keep defending the Invisible - Your Choice ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Sat May 23, 2020 11:27 pm

epping blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

taken into care like any other child...
over driving to Durham... id drive to Durham to have them looked after by family....and anyone that would rather them taken into care should have their kids taken off them period... way over the top...
skidemin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 23, 2020 11:39 pm

Mr Perry said: “If somebody in my business had assaulted somebody from a rival organisation, you’d have been summarily dismissed.”

Cummings, 48, did not respond to a BBC request for comment, but claimed at the time that he and Mr Perry had simply “stumbled into each other”.

Adam Dixon, who hired Cummings to set up an airline, described him as a “football hooligan with an Oxford First”. Former PM David Cameron labelled him a “career psychopath”.

As i said do your Homework - Ask the questions and you will find the answers - Plenty more to come on this idiot .
But to some on here it's from the BBC :o Or it happens in every country :roll:
I am not CON - LAB - Or any other Party - I am Streetwise ;) - Good Night :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Sat May 23, 2020 11:44 pm

moonboots wrote:

What's so good about the right if they break and flout their own rules? They see themselves as some sort of elite who are above the rules. Hope he goes. Bring him down a peg or two. Another u turn coming up?

you think no Labour MP has flouted the rules..? or no labour voters have ? is it because they think of themselves as the elite ?
stop being so silly eh...
skidemin

Postby Sven » Sun May 24, 2020 1:10 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

As has been suggested, if he isn't gone soon then it will be the PM in the firing line - not from "lefties" as you so poetically put it, but from his own side.

Just Bluebina being, uhm, Bluebina again, Ned ;) :lol: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby skidemin » Sun May 24, 2020 2:40 am

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Just Bluebina being, uhm, Bluebina again, Ned ;) :lol: :lol:

I dunno… all seems very political to me...
if you or I had done it { as literally 10s if not 100s of thousands have } probably a warning, possibly a £60 fine..
on the other hand people have resigned for similar... I don't think everyone who has been warned or fined are elite tories though... or that calling social services in instead of going to parents house is a reasonable expectation...
skidemin

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sun May 24, 2020 6:27 am

Your thinking of the money he spent on fuel and the meal deal lunch he bought on his journey rubbing your hands with glee thinking he’s doing his bit to get the economy going and I can imagine you shouting out with enthusiasm “ right feck the virus everybody back to work “ :roll: ;)
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Igovernor » Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 am

Just a thought, which I do no see mentioned anywhere, his wife was ill with covid19 he was showing symptoms, yet he drove 265 miles with his son in the confined space of a car, what an idiot, also the excuse about if they were too ill with covid19, he was going to let his parents possibly be exposed to covid19 by looking after his son, what a selfish sod. And there are children out there that have caught covid19 so if there was only a slight chance that his son could pass it on to his parents, most people would not take that chance that their parents could catch the virus and die, obviously not Cummings, just shows what a prick he is!
Igovernor

Next

Return to General Chat