Complete Madness by Boris Johnson once again

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 23, 2020 12:21 pm

Complete Madness by Boris Johnson
Balearic Islands ( Mallorca/Ibiza/Minorca/ Formentera etc) : Yesterday No deaths and only 2 cases here overnight. YET Boris Johnson wants to quarantine us, it should be the other way around, Madness.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=214975
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Complete Madness by Boris Johnson once again

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat May 23, 2020 12:45 pm

A shambles of a policy and and he shamelessly backs his top adviser who broke the law and the 'lockdown' rules. Why should anyone bother with the rules in this country anymore? No one is, including those in charge.
EastleighBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 23, 2020 12:50 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:A shambles of a policy and and he shamelessly backs his top adviser who broke the law and the 'lockdown' rules. Why should anyone bother with the rules in this country anymore? No one is, including those in charge.

Spot on.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jock » Sat May 23, 2020 1:26 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:A shambles of a policy and and he shamelessly backs his top adviser who broke the law and the 'lockdown' rules. Why should anyone bother with the rules in this country anymore? No one is, including those in charge.

If CMOs don’t follow guidelines why should anyone else.
Jock

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 23, 2020 1:54 pm

Jock wrote:

If CMOs don’t follow guidelines why should anyone else.

Spot on Guys - But some on here and the country can't see it !! Here is the latest tweet from the PM -

Boris Johnson #StayAlert
@BorisJohnson
If you have symptoms of #coronavirus, you should self-isolate and get yourself tested.

But there will be many in Westminster, including some of his own MPs, who think that advice would be better directed to his own staff...
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 23, 2020 1:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Complete Madness by Boris Johnson
Balearic Islands ( Mallorca/Ibiza/Minorca/ Formentera etc) : Yesterday No deaths and only 2 cases here overnight. YET Boris Johnson wants to quarantine us, it should be the other way around, Madness.

I thought that Spain were going to put some kind of tests for people coming into Spain mate ?
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 23, 2020 2:08 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

I thought that Spain were going to put some kind of tests for people coming into Spain mate ?

Tony,

Sadly they have just announced UK will have to have got a lot better than they are now before being considered.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 23, 2020 2:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony,

Sadly they have just announced UK will have to have got a lot better than they are now before being considered]

Annis
Isn't it a bit irrelevant what other countries do regarding travel for uk citizens as people won't be going anywhere abroad if got to be isolated for 14days on returning to uk and in some cases isolated in country go to? But doesnt alter fact uk seem to be doing everything arse backwards and horse as already bolted..
pembroke allan

Postby epping blue » Sat May 23, 2020 5:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony,

Sadly they have just announced UK will have to have got a lot better than they are now before being considered]

Annis
Isn't it a bit irrelevant what other countries do regarding travel for uk citizens as people won't be going anywhere abroad if got to be isolated for 14days on returning to uk and in some cases isolated in country go to? But doesnt alter fact uk seem to be doing everything arse backwards and horse as already bolted..

I don't see many Brits going on holiday to the med this year whether or not they're quarantined at home on their return. The only thing this kept this in check is the shutting down, isolation , social distancing etc. The areas of Europe that did this well are about to throw all that away and welcome visitors from anywhere. What gives them the confidence that they can manage this with thousands of tourists ?
epping blue

Postby skidemin » Sat May 23, 2020 5:44 pm

epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony,

Annis

I don't see many Brits going on holiday to the med this year whether or not they're quarantined at home on their return. The only thing this kept this in check is the shutting down, isolation , social distancing etc. The areas of Europe that did this well are about to throw all that away and welcome visitors from anywhere. What gives them the confidence that they can manage this with thousands of tourists ?

and in there you have modern days biggest mystery...
how does a country decide to go into a very strict lockdown on a day they have had 1100 new cases and 67 deaths...
yet now think its going to be safe for tourism …………………….on a day they have had 1700 new cases and 50 odd deaths.

ive used Spain as an example but every one is loosening lockdowns on worse figures than when they locked down...
do lockdown cure the virus..or were they not required ?
skidemin

Postby skiprat » Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm

A very good point .
skiprat

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 23, 2020 7:52 pm

skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony,

Annis

how does a country decide to go into a very strict lockdown on a day they have had 1100 new cases and 67 deaths...
yet now think its going to be safe for tourism …………………….on a day they have had 1700 new cases and 50 odd deaths.

ive used Spain as an example but every one is loosening lockdowns on worse figures than when they locked down...

It's a question that some experts say wasnt required but what was required was the protection of elderly in homes and vulnerable people with health issues! A bbc health reporter had several anti body tests that were positive yet no sighn of corvid was displayed? So if you believe what experts was saying that hundreds of thousands have had corvid without symptoms was all the measures actually worth it?
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on.

Quick question Annis, on another topic you said you liked boris,is that still the case? For me,he has gone down in my estimation from 8 at the end of week one,to a four ,and now after today,and his backing for a rule dodging buddy,a 1 and he's lucky to get that!! The man is a bloody idiot, and it's cost this country massively. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby skidemin » Sat May 23, 2020 11:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony,

Annis

It's a question that some experts say wasnt required but what was required was the protection of elderly in homes and vulnerable people with health issues! A bbc health reporter had several anti body tests that were positive yet no sighn of corvid was displayed? So if you believe what experts was saying that hundreds of thousands have had corvid without symptoms was all the measures actually worth it?

well it makes no sense to me...
its still the same virus.. still no cure..still no vaccine.. yet 1700 new cases is fine but 1100 means brick it and lock down...
skidemin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 24, 2020 8:56 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on.

Quick question Annis, on another topic you said you liked boris,is that still the case? For me,he has gone down in my estimation from 8 at the end of week one,to a four ,and now after today,and his backing for a rule dodging buddy,a 1 and he's lucky to get that!! The man is a bloody idiot, and it's cost this country massively. :old: :bluebird:

Andrew, No I dont like him anymore due to his continual terrible decisions, his dithering, no strictness, leaving many in the Country unsure what really are the rules and for me he has to sack Dominic Cummins, to keep any respect that some still have of him.

Plus for me, there is NO rule anymore in the Uk, Boris/Govt have lost all control with the people due to their softly/happy/happy control.

Plus, Boris always late in everything from lockdown to now the new arriving in the Country after 8th June etc etc Pathetic

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 24, 2020 9:21 am

Also Boris, always in hiding, never out there defending any problems caused by his own aids, leaves it to others.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Foghorn65 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:31 am

FB

There is NO RULE at all. Boris is floundering and failing to lead. Granted he has been seriously ill and has a new born child but he has returned to work and needs to stand up and be counted!

That supercilious advisor Cummings was involved in the drawing up of the lockdown guidelines YET flouted then!!

We need strong leadership to hammer home the united message to help save us from thiscatastrophic pandemic rampaging the nation.
Foghorn65

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 24, 2020 9:33 am

Foghorn65 wrote:FB

There is NO RULE at all. Boris is floundering and failing to lead. Granted he has been seriously ill and has a new born child but he has returned to work and needs to stand up and be counted!

That supercilious advisor Cummings was involved in the drawing up of the lockdown guidelines YET flouted then!!

We need strong leadership to hammer home the united message to help save us from thiscatastrophic pandemic rampaging the nation.

SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby ManInBlack » Sun May 24, 2020 9:38 am

Its all about virus control..in the early days when the infection rate was climbing and the R rate was high...governments don't know if their health service can cope. So full lockdown. Now as the rates are decreasing and they know the health service has capacity, the lockdown can be eased. That's why even with infections at 3000 lockdown can be eased because the graphs are falling. If they start climbing again then we could be back into lock down. The big problem now is getting service running and the economy back or there'll be far more deaths.
ManInBlack

Postby skidemin » Sun May 24, 2020 11:26 am

ManInBlack wrote:Its all about virus control..in the early days when the infection rate was climbing and the R rate was high...governments don't know if their health service can cope. So full lockdown. Now as the rates are decreasing and they know the health service has capacity, the lockdown can be eased. That's why even with infections at 3000 lockdown can be eased because the graphs are falling. If they start climbing again then we could be back into lock down. The big problem now is getting service running and the economy back or there'll be far more deaths.

ah right the R guess.
nobody has any idea how many are infected mildly or are asymptomatic today...
and nobody knows how many will be tomorrow..in 2 days , in a week...or month..
if a room with 1 hundred people locked in it
and one has covid who passes it on to two people over 3 days who then both passs it on to another 2 over 3 days who each again pass it on to 2 that's now 31 people who have been infected...yes then you can work out an R figure..
try working it our if A} you do not know how many are infected to start with. .B} you don't know how many are infected and passing it on at any point....

the virus itself has not yoyoed day by day in how contagious its been
skidemin

Postby Panzermouse » Sun May 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Can you imagine if Thatcher was in charge now? Whatever anyone's opinions were of her at least she'd have got her cabinet by the scruff to sort this out. She was if anything, thorough. Johnson by comparison is a lazy, floundering man who's surrounded himself with incompetent ministers. A man who hides from the British public when the going gets tough and sends his minions out to take the flak instead.
Panzermouse

Postby skidemin » Sun May 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Panzermouse wrote:Can you imagine if Thatcher was in charge now? Whatever anyone's opinions were of her at least she'd have got her cabinet by the scruff to sort this out. She was if anything, thorough. Johnson by comparison is a lazy, floundering man who's surrounded himself with incompetent ministers. A man who hides from the British public when the going gets tough and sends his minions out to take the flak instead.

I dunno mate...
protests in Spain calling for Sanchez to go
Macrone has taken loads of stick as has Trump
even Merkel is getting it...
people just love blame..

skidemin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 24, 2020 12:57 pm

skidemin wrote:
Panzermouse wrote:Can you imagine if Thatcher was in charge now? Whatever anyone's opinions were of her at least she'd have got her cabinet by the scruff to sort this out. She was if anything, thorough. Johnson by comparison is a lazy, floundering man who's surrounded himself with incompetent ministers. A man who hides from the British public when the going gets tough and sends his minions out to take the flak instead.

I dunno mate...
people just love blame..

Many in mainland Spain are still in lockdown and are now calling Sanchez a Dictator.

Personally for the first 7 weeks I thought Sanchez did a good job, maybe very harsh and tough but its worked.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Panzermouse » Sun May 24, 2020 1:22 pm

skidemin wrote:

I dunno mate...
people just love blame..

While I agree that it's not possible to please everyone and I've no idea of public sentiment in Spain at all.
Merkel has a massive 72% approval rating according to a survey in Deutsche Welle.
Macron I think has been slipping steadily for a long time before this virus.
Everyone gets blamed at some point but generally it's due to being crap.

Panzermouse

Postby davids » Sun May 24, 2020 1:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Also Boris, always in hiding, never out there defending any problems caused by his own aids, leaves it to others.

Annis,

If you think Boris is always hiding then compared to Drakeford he's the busiest man in Britain!

Drakeford nowhere to be seen. Waiting patiently at home to see what Nicola Krankie comes up with and working out ways to ensure that nobody is ever allowed to visit Pen-y-Fan or Pembrokeshire ever again - even if you're Welsh!
davids

Postby Norris ninian » Sun May 24, 2020 6:35 pm

It's the system Boris is here for a very long time.The majority voted for him just like brexit. Enjoy
Norris ninian

Postby davids » Sun May 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Only place to go for a holiday will be England.

No foreign countries will allow us in and if they do nobody can afford to go into quarantine for two weeks when they come back.

Drakeford will ban all travel to west wales and Snowdonia until 2027 and the Lake District and Devon will be overrun by English people who will be banned from Wales.

Fortnight in Burnley it is then!
davids

Postby bluesince62 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on.

Andrew, No I dont like him anymore due to his continual terrible decisions, his dithering, no strictness, leaving many in the Country unsure what really are the rules and for me he has to sack Dominic Cummins, to keep any respect that some still have of him.

Plus for me, there is NO rule anymore in the Uk, Boris/Govt have lost all control with the people due to their softly/happy/happy control.

Plus, Boris always late in everything from lockdown to now the new arriving in the Country after 8th June etc etc Pathetic

Cheers for being honest :thumbup: but as I have been saying all along,the poxy way the fine system for rule breaking was set up,it was only bound to fail!! I quoted on "how well" (not) that has worked with mobile phone use while driving! Yes we have an underbelly of morons who would take no notice,but if he had been stricter,he may have lessened the numbers willing to push the boundaries,of what was a week arsed attempt from the 2nd week on of enforcing lockdown effectively.plus we don't have the police to man it,so why the f @cm wasn't the army utilised? It's not as if we are at war,and they are too busy! And this last episode should show those who back him no matter what,he has proven he is not fit to lead this country,especially when there's a major crisis! I haven't had face to face contact as such with my own mother,as she is in the very high risk category, due to contracting tb as a child, which has lead to severe copd,she has been in lockdown for 10 weeks now,and hasn't left her home in that time,I don't personally believe all around covid,but still respect my mother enough as to not put her at any increased risk! What Cummings has done,is like having a shit ridden nappy rubbed in my face!! And as for bungle backing zippy today,I'm fuming! :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 25, 2020 6:37 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on.

Cheers for being honest :thumbup: but as I have been saying all along,the poxy way the fine system for rule breaking was set up,it was only bound to fail!! I quoted on "how well" (not) that has worked with mobile phone use while driving! Yes we have an underbelly of morons who would take no notice,but if he had been stricter,he may have lessened the numbers willing to push the boundaries,of what was a week arsed attempt from the 2nd week on of enforcing lockdown effectively.plus we don't have the police to man it,so why the f @cm wasn't the army utilised? It's not as if we are at war,and they are too busy! And this last episode should show those who back him no matter what,he has proven he is not fit to lead this country,especially when there's a major crisis! I haven't had face to face contact as such with my own mother,as she is in the very high risk category, due to contracting tb as a child, which has lead to severe copd,she has been in lockdown for 10 weeks now,and hasn't left her home in that time,I don't personally believe all around covid,but still respect my mother enough as to not put her at any increased risk! What Cummings has done,is like having a shit ridden nappy rubbed in my face!! And as for bungle backing zippy today,I'm fuming! :old: :bluebird:

Thank you, but so sorry to hear Andrew.

A lot of what your saying is what I was saying from day one.

I hope you get to see your Mother soon and can soon give her a big hug :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on.

Thank you, but so sorry to hear Andrew.

A lot of what your saying is what I was saying from day one.

I hope you get to see your Mother soon and can soon give her a big hug :thumbright: :thumbright:

A slow thinking leader was the last thing needed in a crisis, and boris is like a f@ king snail!, oh and it's Paul mate not Andrew (you are not the 1st to call me andrew :lol: ) yes I did read your early posts Annis, and agreed with a large amount of what you said,I also said hi inaction regarding a proper lockdown would cost,and also said he was bungling his way through this crisis,his backing of Cummings is a very por decision imho,he should have told him to resign,or be fired,not stick up for him,like a mate in the school playground ffs! I did have a chat through mum's french doors yesterday,whilst dropping her shopping to her, and we both said"we will be able to cwtch soon!" She's really missing the grandkids, and especially the 3 great grandkids! Let's hope we can all have a big bbq soon,while there's some summer left :thumbup: we only live 3 miles apart from mum,but it may as well be 300 ! (Perhaps she can drive me around,and when stoppedo, she can say she's doing it in the best interests of her child,me :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Return to General Chat