Are people becoming complacent now?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu May 21, 2020 11:48 am

We’ve heard stories the whole way along about the minority not adhering to lockdown rules but I’ve seen quite a few people who are obviously not from the same household mixing with others or workmen etc. Fair enough people need work done but there is no social distancing and they are standing very close to each other chatting away. My personal view is that this is very dangerous and it’s way too early to start doing this yet.
Once a blue always a blue44

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Are people becoming complacent now?

Postby pembroke allan » Thu May 21, 2020 12:13 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:We’ve heard stories the whole way along about the minority not adhering to lockdown rules but I’ve seen quite a few people who are obviously not from the same household mixing with others or workmen etc. Fair enough people need work done but there is no social distancing and they are standing very close to each other chatting away. My personal view is that this is very dangerous and it’s way too early to start doing this yet.

No social distancing been happening in hospitals from beginning except for Joe public and vulnerable people.. :o
pembroke allan

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:We’ve heard stories the whole way along about the minority not adhering to lockdown rules but I’ve seen quite a few people who are obviously not from the same household mixing with others or workmen etc. Fair enough people need work done but there is no social distancing and they are standing very close to each other chatting away. My personal view is that this is very dangerous and it’s way too early to start doing this yet.

No social distancing been happening in hospitals from beginning except for Joe public and vulnerable people.. :o

There’s a big difference between necessary and unnecessary risks and A work person chatting to someone up close isn’t what I would class necessary. Yes work needs to get done and sometimes it’s impossible to keep distance.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby rumpo kid » Thu May 21, 2020 12:31 pm

I saw a Scaffolder the other day trying to drill his mates backside with the hydraulic spanner.. some people are oblivious.
A Site Manager from one of the big boys told me recently he couldn’t give a monkeys if he gets Covid..what can you say..
rumpo kid

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Yes, of course, there are a lot of thickos about they have kept the virus going up until now.

Fingers crossed though a lot of the thickos will have now had it, so we may have built up some thicko herd immunity, if the sensible percentage keep being careful, we just may be able to keep the virus at bay :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu May 21, 2020 1:51 pm

rumpo kid wrote:I saw a Scaffolder the other day trying to drill his mates backside with the hydraulic spanner.. some people are oblivious.
A Site Manager from one of the big boys told me recently he couldn’t give a monkeys if he gets Covid..what can you say..

I wonder if that site Manager would feel the same if he was on a ventilator fighting for his life in 2 weeks time??
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby skidemin » Thu May 21, 2020 2:07 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:I saw a Scaffolder the other day trying to drill his mates backside with the hydraulic spanner.. some people are oblivious.

I wonder if that site Manager would feel the same if he was on a ventilator fighting for his life in 2 weeks time??

id imagine he has weighed that up... depending on his health and age..
Last edited by skidemin on Thu May 21, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skidemin

Postby rumpo kid » Thu May 21, 2020 2:08 pm

I know mate.. some blokes in construction are nuts, whilst others are staying away.
rumpo kid

Postby pembroke allan » Thu May 21, 2020 3:32 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There’s a big difference between necessary and unnecessary risks and A work person chatting to someone up close isn’t what I would class necessary. Yes work needs to get done and sometimes it’s impossible to keep distance.

Agree if was on ward but this is in refreshment areas like concourse in uhw? Staff from different areas meeting up for coffee in groups Morriston hospital even worse! Yes all work at hospital but social distancing is social distancing no matter where you are or who you are? Or what's point of banging on about it.... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Agree if was on ward but this is in refreshment areas like concourse in uhw? Staff from different areas meeting up for coffee in groups Morriston hospital even worse! Yes all work at hospital but social distancing is social distancing no matter where you are or who you are? Or what's point of banging on about it.... :roll:

I can also say the same is happening at Llandough hospital, nurses and doctors all eating together,walking corridors with no distance at all between them,and visitors and patients in the cafe areas.I too was under the impression of one rule for everybody, but even the police don't bother! Giving Joe public the impression of "well they ain't doing it,why should I? " in cardiff,we simply don't have the wide pavements,so you either jump into the road,or look daft trying to squeeze past each other. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 22, 2020 9:23 am

bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I can also say the same is happening at Llandough hospital, nurses and doctors all eating together,walking corridors with no distance at all between them,and visitors and patients in the cafe areas.I too was under the impression of one rule for everybody, but even the police don't bother! Giving Joe public the impression of "well they ain't doing it,why should I? " in cardiff,we simply don't have the wide pavements,so you either jump into the road,or look daft trying to squeeze past each other. :old: :bluebird:

Lot of it outside is more people out less space it's that simple! How can businesses like pubs cafe shops ect survive economically with couple of people at a time allowed in? Mass job losses as businesses will fold rather rapidly once gvmnt help stops.
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon May 25, 2020 6:47 pm

In the glorious sunshine of Britain’s most popular beaches, lockdown no longer seemed to exist.

As temperatures hit 25 degrees on the sunny Bank Holiday Monday, British people packed picnics and traveled in their droves to beauty spots in order to enjoy the weather with their families.

The crowds have been hit with stinging criticism for putting the health of the country at risk - but revelers have pointed out that if the Prime Minister’s most senior advisor can break the rules, they can too.

In Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council warned the seaside resort was approaching "maximum capacity", as some traveled from as far as Liverpool to the beach.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon May 25, 2020 8:22 pm

Police urge 'common sense' over lido gathering

Police were called to a lido in London and beachgoers warned not to overcrowd the seafront as sunseekers in England sought to make the most of the bank holiday weather.

Metropolitan Police officers were called to Ruislip Lido in north London to reports of a large group gathering there.

The Government has urged people to continue to follow social distancing guidelines.

"Please use common sense when it comes to social distancing," the Met's Hillingdon branch tweeted.

Elsewhere, crowds flocked to beaches and parks around the country to enjoy more good weather, a week after the Government relaxed guidance to allow people to visit beauty spots in England.

Hundreds were seen on Bournemouth beach, where the local council had warned people to "think twice" before heading to the seafront after nearby car parks were filled.
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 25, 2020 8:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Police urge 'common sense' over lido gathering

Police were called to a lido in London and beachgoers warned not to overcrowd the seafront as sunseekers in England sought to make the most of the bank holiday weather.

Metropolitan Police officers were called to Ruislip Lido in north London to reports of a large group gathering there.

The Government has urged people to continue to follow social distancing guidelines.

"Please use common sense when it comes to social distancing," the Met's Hillingdon branch tweeted.

Elsewhere, crowds flocked to beaches and parks around the country to enjoy more good weather, a week after the Government relaxed guidance to allow people to visit beauty spots in England.

Hundreds were seen on Bournemouth beach, where the local council had warned people to "think twice" before heading to the seafront after nearby car parks were filled.

Saw picture of Bournemouth packed and one of Barry isle empty ! Will welsh people get fed up of England being free and us being locked down with no plan to ease things Or at best be 3/4weeks behind....
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 29, 2020 4:37 pm

98 per cent of people are trying to stay 2m apart

Stephen Powis, national medical director for England shared the results of a new coronavirus survey. The results showed that:

88 per cent of adults have avoided contact with older or vulnerable people
98 per cent have said they have tried to stay at least 2m away from people
29 per cent are using a face covering
39 per cent of adults in employment are working from home

Follow the Science ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:98 per cent of people are trying to stay 2m apart

Stephen Powis, national medical director for England shared the results of a new coronavirus survey. The results showed that:

Follow the Science ;)

It is beginning to have less effect now people are simply fed up of being stuck in one place rds down here are back to normal plus see more people in a car than previously also newgale as had surfers past few days and dog walkers on beach when past 8wks saw no one on it... so there is a definite shift away from lockdown rules
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 29, 2020 9:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Follow the Science ;)

It is beginning to have less effect now people are simply fed up of being stuck in one place rds down here are back to normal plus see more people in a car than previously also newgale as had surfers past few days and dog walkers on beach when past 8wks saw no one on it... so there is a definite shift away from lockdown rules

Agree with you Allan - God help us in the coming weeks - Everyday seems to be a Bank Holiday to some .
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 29, 2020 9:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Follow the Science ;)

Agree with you Allan - God help us in the coming weeks - Everyday seems to be a Bank Holiday to some .

I'm fortunate I have to travel the highways and byways of pembs carmarthen and swansea and compared to 4wks ago traffic as doubled or more ! Unfortunately the weather is driving people out more ans more..... plus WG have given no hope to people that things are changing so how long can you expect people to stay in indefinitely while the other parts uk are moving forward and we are going nowhere?
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 29, 2020 9:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Follow the Science ;)

I'm fortunate I have to travel the highways and byways of pembs carmarthen and swansea and compared to 4wks ago traffic as doubled or more ! Unfortunately the weather is driving people out more ans more..... plus WG have given no hope to people that things are changing so how long can you expect people to stay in indefinitely while the other parts uk are moving forward and we are going nowhere?

That's right and how can you blame people now to choose what they do after all that has happened in the last few weeks.
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 29, 2020 11:58 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Follow the Science ;)

That's right and how can you blame people now to choose what they do after all that has happened in the last few weeks.

Not sure what Cummings did as any bearing on seeing more people out in Wales more to do with other parts having more freedom and having a pathway to getting out lockdown, we've got nothing except a possibility of some announcement in couple of weeks But that is subject to R figure being lower than 8 which seems highly unlikely given it as not moved in weeks but wouldnt be surprised if miraculously it drops a bit so that drakeford can be the hero and make more minor adjustments with conditions that cannot realistically be met.....
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Should the UK's two-metre rule be reduced?

Speaking on the Today programme, former chancellor Lord Lamont called for the UK to re-examine the two-metre social distancing rule to see whether it should be reduced to one metre.

He said some experts, like Prof Dingwall at Nottingham University, pointed out the scientific evidence on the need for a distance of at least two metres was “fragile”.

The World Health Organisation recommends keeping a social distance of at least one metre (three feet).

Social distancing rules in different countries vary between one and two metres.

France and Italy’s rules say you should keep one metre apart. Germany recommends a distance of 1.5 metres, while Spain, like the UK, has a two-metre rule.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 30, 2020 2:57 pm

Are people flouting the lockdown by jumping the gun?

There was growing concern that people were flouting the lockdown and had jumped the gun on easing restrictions on movement and gatherings.

Beauty spots and beaches across the country were inundated with visitors attracted by the good weather. However, some appeared to be among large groups and so ignoring the fact that lockdown was not due to be eased until Monday.

Currently, people are allowed to travel to sunbathe with members of their own household, or to meet one person from another household while keeping two metres apart.

From Monday groups of up to six people will be allowed to meet both in public spaces and in private gardens.

However, Boris Johnson’s pre-emptive announcement on loosening restrictions may have been seen by some as a green light to meet friends now.

Hundreds of people had descended on the beach at Durdle Door near Lulworth in Dorset, as temperatures exceeded 28C.
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 30, 2020 4:28 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Are people flouting the lockdown by jumping the gun?

There was growing concern that people were flouting the lockdown and had jumped the gun on easing restrictions on movement and gatherings.

Beauty spots and beaches across the country were inundated with visitors attracted by the good weather. However, some appeared to be among large groups and so ignoring the fact that lockdown was not due to be eased until Monday.

Currently, people are allowed to travel to sunbathe with members of their own household, or to meet one person from another household while keeping two metres apart.

From Monday groups of up to six people will be allowed to meet both in public spaces and in private gardens.

However, Boris Johnson’s pre-emptive announcement on loosening restrictions may have been seen by some as a green light to meet friends now.

Hundreds of people had descended on the beach at Durdle Door near Lulworth in Dorset, as temperatures exceeded 28C.

Think 28c is the answer to why people are going to beaches ect... other countries eased lock down for reason it was to hot to keep people indoors! Need bad weather to keep them indoors ;)
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Think 28c is the answer to why people are going to beaches ect... other countries eased lock down for reason it was to hot to keep people indoors! Need bad weather to keep them indoors ;)

It's not going to happen the next 5 days according to Derek The Weatherman - Allan ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Xenonbluebird » Sat May 30, 2020 7:43 pm

I work at the Tenby Tesco Express and I see plenty of people who come in for sweets and alcohol. Not exactly neccesary but I wont judge.

I see the regulars every day but find 1 or 2 people who I don't recognise at all and makes me suspicious of the distance travelled. My colleagues have reported potential travellers in the past few weeks.

I would not he surprised at complacency.
Xenonbluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 31, 2020 12:07 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It's not going to happen the next 5 days according to Derek The Weatherman - Allan ;)

Oh well when summer arrives properly it will rain then! Can only put the good weather down to less pollution (less traffic) cant be a coincidence can it?
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Oh well when summer arrives properly it will rain then! Can only put the good weather down to less pollution (less traffic) cant be a coincidence can it?

Sunniest March to May - Since 1929 the weather people said the other day mate .
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun May 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Londoners break social distancing with rally outside US embassy

Hundreds of Londoners defied coronavirus restrictions and rallied outside the US embassy in solidarity with protests raging across the United States over the death of an unarmed black man during an arrest.

The death of George Floyd in Minnesota has sparked five consecutive nights of often violent protests that resulted in National Guard troops patrolling majority US cities today.

The London protesters chanted "no justice, no peace" and held up "Black Lives Matter" signs outside the US embassy compound on the southern bank of the Thames.

A few hundred had earlier gathered in Trafalgar Square in the heart of London for a vigil that saw people kneel for nine minutes - the amount of time the policeman kneeled on Floyd's neck.

UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab called footage of the incident "very distressing".
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 31, 2020 7:22 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Londoners break social distancing with rally outside US embassy

Hundreds of Londoners defied coronavirus restrictions and rallied outside the US embassy in solidarity with protests raging across the United States over the death of an unarmed black man during an arrest.

The death of George Floyd in Minnesota has sparked five consecutive nights of often violent protests that resulted in National Guard troops patrolling majority US cities today.

The London protesters chanted "no justice, no peace" and held up "Black Lives Matter" signs outside the US embassy compound on the southern bank of the Thames.

A few hundred had earlier gathered in Trafalgar Square in the heart of London for a vigil that saw people kneel for nine minutes - the amount of time the policeman kneeled on Floyd's neck.

UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab called footage of the incident "very distressing".

Was same in cardiff with demo.... as for tombstoning the idiots didnt learn anything from yesterday but what the fck was police and council doing to stop people going to beach (having an icecream) even though beach and rd closed... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun May 31, 2020 7:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Londoners break social distancing with rally outside US embassy

Was same in cardiff with demo.... as for tombstoning the idiots didnt learn anything from yesterday but what the fck was police and council doing to stop people going to beach (having an icecream) even though beach and rd closed... :roll:

Agree Allan Cardiff as well - The amount of people in London way more than Cardiff - FM no comment from him of yet .
TopCat CCFC

Next

Return to General Chat