Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I was asked this, interesting?

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:04 pm

My cousin told me Leeds are making a fortune from this. Selling at £25 a photo. 15000 sold at Leeds. That’s £375,000. Minus printing etc. Do you know why Cardiff haven't thought about this Annis Abrahamii? And yes that is Bin Laden. Someone snuck it in. Been removed now though :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I was asked this, interesting?

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:12 pm

It's a great business idea mate isn't it.

I would never do it though, some people must have to much money on their hands. I could never justify paying £25 to have a cardboard cutout of myself in the crowd.

Each to their own though.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:22 pm

we always seem to miss the boat over things like this...

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:35 pm

Flipping it though mate, the Club may well have thought it would be a piss take to the fans.

Dont forget many have just donated their season ticket money to the Club.

I know a few clubs have done this and ultimately its each to their own but having thought about it I'm glad our club havnt done it as it would have just been another milking of the fans by a very wealthy industry.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:42 pm

We all know leeds are a bunch of money grabbing weasels only need look at rip off ticket prices... doesnt add anything to atmosphere and clubs shouldn't be asking fans to pay for a picture to be on screen just for sake of 100k or so clubs already taken fans money for season...

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:43 pm

RV Casual wrote:Flipping it though mate, the Club may well have thought it would be a piss take to the fans.

I know a few clubs have done this and ultimately its each to their own but having thought about it I'm glad our club havnt done it as it would have just been another milking of the fans by a very wealthy industry.

Totally agree.

Until football shorts itself out with all this, BLM, political bullshxt I'm debating wether to renew or not after 27 (I think) years being a season ticket holder.

I love CCFC as much as anyone on this board, been to 76 different grounds in my 39 years, some many times over

But this pandering to the woke, BLM, fist pumping knee bending has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:48 pm

Not for me it’s an exceptance of playing in empty stadiums. They are deliberately keeping people away from one another

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:59 pm

There's that nice bloke Osama Bin Laden in the front row. Nice to see his anti western beliefs finally getting the recognition they deserved.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:20 pm

I thought Bin Laden was an Arsenal fan :laughing6:
But seriously if fans want to pay carry on :thumbup:

Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:03 pm

I couldn't pick out Jimmy Saville?

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Flipping it though mate, the Club may well have thought it would be a piss take to the fans.

Totally agree.

Until football shorts itself out with all this, BLM, political bullshxt I'm debating wether to renew or not after 27 (I think) years being a season ticket holder.

I love CCFC as much as anyone on this board, been to 76 different grounds in my 39 years, some many times over

But this pandering to the woke, BLM, fist pumping knee bending has left a sour taste in my mouth.

So you’d rather see black people get killed at the hands of the police than renew your season ticket?

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:37 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

So you’d rather see black people get killed at the hands of the police than renew your season ticket?

What utter garbage are you spouting

I shall not waste time on replying to such a stupid, immature question.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:39 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

if you genuinely care about black lives go demonstrate about things that are most likely to kill them...

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:45 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

If the " black man" wasn't such a criminal prick, that threatened pregnant women he would not have been in that position would he.

So his life was a life of thuggery, good riddance.

All this talk about this thug

I wonder how the poor woman he threatened with a knife has felt, seeing this thug in the news, papers

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:56 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

You just did...! :?

Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:00 pm

Sven wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

To stupid to realise he did? :mrgreen:

Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

I meant with a decent, articulate, educated response

And now I'm replying again haha

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Mixed it up with the South Korea Sex Dolls :thumbup:

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

Dont worry we all do it at some point! But giving a decent articulate educated response is definitely a novelty .... :laughing6:

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:04 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

You do realise that the kneeling is a subservience thing.

You do realise that the fist pump goes back to the the Black Panthers who were all about Black Supremacy.

You do realise that white people get killed by cops too.

You do realise that the cop who killed George Floyd was violent towards every colour.

You do realise that many more white people are killed by black people than black people are killed by white people. Given the percentages of both in the US clearly there is only one colour that is racist.

Support BLM if you want to continue to be an ignorant prick.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:04 pm

Couldn't agree more.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

hmm.. it was a choice thing. and I know some of those Leeds fans are quite pleased with it..
different mentality ? some fans realise to have a better team you have to contribute to it...

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:23 am

Stan_B wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

You do realise that the kneeling is a subservience thing.

You do realise that the fist pump goes back to the the Black Panthers who were all about Black Supremacy.

You do realise that white people get killed by cops too.

You do realise that the cop who killed George Floyd was violent towards every colour.

You do realise that many more white people are killed by black people than black people are killed by white people. Given the percentages of both in the US clearly there is only one colour that is racist.

Support BLM if you want to continue to be an ignorant prick.

The kneeling is not a subservience thing at all. It was started by Colin Kaepernick a QB in the NFL. Initially he started by not standing for the national anthem but was told it was disrespectful. The marine suggested that he kneel as a hat tip to Martin Luther king etc kneeling at Selma.

The raised fist isnt a reference to the black panthers. The black Panthers took it from Owen's a sprinter who lifted his fist with a glove on at the olympics in 1936.

The point is that the black community is far more impoverished than any other community in the US. I read in the athletic today that the wealth of black people in the uk is 1/10th that of white people.

Crime obviously goes up with poverty, which the black community have in droves.

I'm not a lover for some of what BLM stand for and maybe it's not the right name to attach the protest to. But the point still stands that inequality is a massive issue and the general just of the protests are to bring atte tion to that.

Additionally - whilst George Floyd may of had a chequered past and was no role model. No one deserves to die on the basis of using a fake note to buy stuff down the shop.

Maybe educate yourself before you start calling others ignorant.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:50 am

Apologies - I got my dates mixed up on the black power salute. It was a reference to the black Panthers.

None the less the black panthers were a big movement in their time with some beliefs I agree with and some I dont. I can tell you one thing though, if you faced the oppression they did through the 60s and 70s, I dont think you would see the black panthers as a bad thing.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:12 am

Citysince72 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

Educated response? You somehow seen a discussion about having cardboard cutouts in a stadium as an opportunity to spout your displeasure to the BLM movement. Can only assume that this displeasure steams from you not wanting equality in society, and thinking that black people should not be treated fairly. 2/3 players who scored on Saturday for us were black and a lot of our players past/present are black. So if you’re sat on the fence currently about renewing your season ticket, do us all a favour and don’t. Actually shames me reading some of the posts on this board that a club from a city which has celebrated diversity for centuries would have such racist gammons sitting on the terraces.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:19 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

Statistically in the U.K. white men are more likely to die in police custody than BAME people. So not sure why you’d post such a hysterical comment? BLM are a very well funded extreme Marxist group who’s STATED AIMS are to topple democratically elected Western governments and replace them with a totalitarian communist regime. You seem to have fallen for the, anyone not supporting these violent leftists must be a racist narrative. Would you still go to the CCS if players stood around the centre circle doing Nazi salutes?

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:42 am

Jock wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

Statistically in the U.K. white men are more likely to die in police custody than BAME people. So not sure why you’d post such a hysterical comment? BLM are a very well funded extreme Marxist group who’s STATED AIMS are to topple democratically elected Western governments and replace them with a totalitarian communist regime. You seem to have fallen for the, anyone not supporting these violent leftists must be a racist narrative. Would you still go to the CCS if players stood around the centre circle doing Nazi salutes?

No, of course I wouldn’t. But I think you’re completely misinterpreting the BLM movement. It’s not there as a competition to decide who’s the superior race, it’s there to try and level the playing field. And your comment on white people in the U.K. dying in police custody is slightly incorrect. While there are more white people who have died in police custody in the U.K. in the last 10 years, the percentage of black people who have died in police custody is 8%. Considering the percentage of the U.K. population that is black is only 3%, that surely should raise some eyebrows as black people are twice as likely to die in police custody in this country. I’ve attached a link to an article from the BBC to back this claim rather than your wild conspiracy theories https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... p/52890363

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:36 am

Citysince72 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Totally agree.

Well done Citysince72 that crap response from JoePowell doesn't warrant a reply. :thumbup:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:14 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
No, of course I wouldn’t. But I think you’re completely misinterpreting the BLM movement. It’s not there as a competition to decide who’s the superior race, it’s there to try and level the playing field. And your comment on white people in the U.K. dying in police custody is slightly incorrect. While there are more white people who have died in police custody in the U.K. in the last 10 years, the percentage of black people who have died in police custody is 8%. Considering the percentage of the U.K. population that is black is only 3%, that surely should raise some eyebrows as black people are twice as likely to die in police custody in this country. I’ve attached a link to an article from the BBC to back this claim rather than your wild conspiracy theories https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... p/52890363

One of the BLM declared goals is for funding given to police should be reduced or withdrawn, with the money redirected to community programmes. In other words Policing powers would be given to Community leaders to impose 'justice'. I personally would be very afraid of such an arrangement as corruption would be rife and harden criminals would soon gain influence and use it to further their criminal activities without any proper accountability.

As for your figures on deaths in custody you use an old age trick to twist the results. You are comparing 3% of the population against 85% of the population. This is not a valid comparison as one death will always have a disproportionate impact on the percentage figure of a low base (3%) against a much higher base (85%). A true reflection would be gained when the figures are closer to each other 40% & 60% for example.

So your claim that Black people are twice as likely to die in custody is very misleading as in all likelihood the same result would be obtain if the population was 3% white and 85% black.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:32 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

One of the BLM declared goals is for funding given to police should be reduced or withdrawn, with the money redirected to community programmes. In other words Policing powers would be given to Community leaders to impose 'justice'. I personally would be very afraid of such an arrangement as corruption would be rife and harden criminals would soon gain influence and use it to further their criminal activities without any proper accountability.

As for your figures on deaths in custody you use an old age trick to twist the results. You are comparing 3% of the population against 85% of the population. This is not a valid comparison as one death will always have a disproportionate impact on the percentage figure of a low base (3%) against a much higher base (85%). A true reflection would be gained when the figures are closer to each other 40% & 60% for example.

So your claim that Black people are twice as likely to die in custody is very misleading as in all likelihood the same result would be obtain if the population was 3% white and 85% black.

The defund the police idea is primarily in the states where around 50% of a city’s budget goes towards police and defence. By reducing that you’d be able to fund healthcare projects, housing, transportation etc.

And as for my playing around in stats, I’ll put a simpler case study in there to help you understand the BLM movement as it’s not all about police brutality, but a lot of it has stemmed from that. Think of how many black footballers there have been and compare that to how many black managers we currently have. Would you agree that’s disproportionate?