The EFL are set to meet with their board this week to discus

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:03 am

The EFL are set to meet with their board this week to discuss the start date of the 2020/21 season.

Championship clubs are so far yet to learn when both their summer and the summer transfer window will end as the excitement grows ahead of the new season.

But the answers could be on their way as early as Wednesday with the EFL set to hold their weekly board meeting with the start of next season understood to be high on the agenda.

Reports have suggested that the start of the season could come during September with the transfer window stretching into October, but those dates are no more than speculation at this stage.

It is also expected that the Championship season will start as it has finished this term, behind closed doors.

Some clubs have budgeted cautiously ahead of next term as they prepare for a scenario in which no fans will be present until the half-way point.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The EFL are set to meet with their board this week to di

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:36 am

I reckon :-

Euros next year - so no late finish to 20/21 season.
They'll continue with 5 subs or more per game to give the players rest.
Start the season as normal mid Aug , no replays in any of the cup fixtures - straight to penalties after the 3rd round.

All games to continue behind closed doors I guess.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:47 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I reckon :-

Start the season as normal mid Aug , no replays in any of the cup fixtures - straight to penalties after the 3rd round.

think theyll give the players a few weeks off but there might be no need for a massive pre season now. i think with the playoff final on august 4th i can see it starting second week of september.
paulh_85

Postby Blue crow » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:39 am

paulh_85 wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I reckon :-

think theyll give the players a few weeks off but there might be no need for a massive pre season now. i think with the playoff final on august 4th i can see it starting second week of september.

This is why I’m surprised they didn’t scrap the nations league and allow the extra time for the national leagues to finish on time.It would of been easy enough to change the qualifying for the World Cup.
Blue crow

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:07 pm

They should start it in January to coincide with the next world cup. They have to mess about with league fixtures for a November/december/January world cup anyway so why not just start it now. January to October for the league would lead into the world cup without having to have a break or mess with fixtures
thomasblue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 am

There is also an issue with League 1 & 2 who abandoned their seasons because of the cost of continual COVID-19 testing of their players.

This cost will still be there when next season kicks off so will they be able to afford it?
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat