Cardiff are told he is a Forest player & We have the Right

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:20 am

Sabri Lamouchi insists Nottingham Forest have the right to recall Albert Adomah in huge blow to Cardiff City

The Bluebirds had hoped to secure an extension for the player to feature until the end of the season

By Glen Williams

Monday 29th June 2020

Sabri Lamouchi has said Albert Adomah is a Forest play and his Cardiff City loan is 'finished' (Image: Nottingham Post)
Nottingham Forest manager Sabri Lamouchi has hinted Albert Adomah's loan at Cardiff City could come to an end on Tuesday.

Bluebirds boss Neil Harris on Saturday said Cardiff and their play-off rivals Nottingham Forest had reached an impasse over whether the player's loan deal would be extended until the end of the season.

Harris was coy on whether Forest playing hardball was down to the fact they are in direct competition with the Bluebirds for play-off places, but criticised the EFL for their lack of leadership on contract sagas as a whole.

Forest fans urged their club to call the player back, even if it was only to weaken the competition, and it now appears Lamouchi could well exercise the right to do just that this week.

"The situation is clear," the Forest boss said after his side's 3-1 win over Huddersfield Town on Sunday.

"Albert is a Nottingham Forest player. It was a loan and the club is doing the right to call back the players if they want.

"I am not understanding the problem. Cardiff know everything. We are just talking between smart and clever people to do the right thing for everybody and the club.

"The club decides, not me."

It will come as a blow to the Bluebirds, given the player has featured in every Championship match for Neil Harris since he arrived on deadline day in January.

Bournemouth this week announced Brad Smith would stay with Cardiff until the end of the season, while Harris also claimed that Wolves had been accommodating with regards to extending Dion Sanderson's deal, saying he is envisaging no problems there.

However, with Adomah's current contract ending on the day the Bluebirds face Charlton - this Tuesday - that might well be the last fans see of him in a City shirt.
Attachments
A8933735-8821-4ABD-8C9B-C1D8B135D680.jpeg
A8933735-8821-4ABD-8C9B-C1D8B135D680.jpeg (208.03 KiB) Viewed 5481 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff are told he is a Forest player & We have the Rig

Postby Barryblue08 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 am

Although I understand that 1 they want to weaken our chances and 2 "technically Tuesday is the date the loan would end given
"normal" situations, it's a season long loan and correct me if I'm wrong, the season doesn't end until mid July now? Surely you would think the league would step in. Maybe I'm just hopeful and clutching at straws but can you see what I'm saying.
Barryblue08

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:15 am

Forest fans urged their club to call the player back, even if it was only to weaken the competition, and it now appears Lamouchi could well exercise the right to do just that this week.

"The situation is clear," the Forest boss said after his side's 3-1 win over Huddersfield Town on Sunday.

"Albert is a Nottingham Forest player. It was a loan and the club is doing the right to call back the players if they want.

"I am not understanding the problem. Cardiff know everything. We are just talking between smart and clever people to do the right thing for everybody and the club.

"The club decides, not me."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:19 am

if i was a forest fan i'd agree completely with this.

I agree with Harris too, that the EFL should have stepped in to sort all loans out before we restarted.
paulh_85

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:31 am

paulh_85 wrote:if i was a forest fan i'd agree completely with this.

I agree with Harris too, that the EFL should have stepped in to sort all loans out before we restarted.

Couldn't put it better myself :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:03 am

Yes makes sense we would do the same, it's a shame he's playing well and made the position his own, but that's life!
Bluebina

Postby skidemin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:13 am

the other side of this is if Adomah had come here and got injured or just did not work out we would probably be sending him back....and of course clubs have out of contract players. some you want to extend , some you don't, and some don't want to stay anyway.. so I don't think it was an easy call for the Efl
skidemin

Postby PtB » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:04 pm

Spot on with all of that.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:20 pm

Good jobs the pubs are closed around here else I would be in there accusing the Forest fans of being scared of us.
Bakedalasker

Postby Welshman in CA » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Doubt they would want him back if we were in 16th but we would (I hope) do the same.
Welshman in CA

Postby skidemin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Doubt they would want him back if we were in 16th but we would (I hope) do the same.

truth be told, if we were 16th we would be sending all 3 back..
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:57 pm

Barryblue08 wrote:Although I understand that 1 they want to weaken our chances and 2 "technically Tuesday is the date the loan would end given
"normal" situations, it's a season long loan and correct me if I'm wrong, the season doesn't end until mid July now? Surely you would think the league would step in. Maybe I'm just hopeful and clutching at straws but can you see what I'm saying.

It's only a season long loan in name only as the original loan finished after the season. It's pretty much a nickname for the deal

In reality it's a loan between two set dates and unfortunately that end date is now regardless of if the season is finished or not
thomasblue

Postby skidemin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:06 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Barryblue08 wrote:Although I understand that 1 they want to weaken our chances and 2 "technically Tuesday is the date the loan would end given

It's only a season long loan in name only as the original loan finished after the season. It's pretty much a nickname for the deal

In reality it's a loan between two set dates and unfortunately that end date is now regardless of if the season is finished or not

yes... and not quite sure why NH has rounded on the EFL.. who have extended the season and are prepared to allow the existing loans to be extended.. its really not down to them to insist though.... id love Forest to leave us keep him but don't expect them too and if the boot was on other foot id want him back and weaken them..
skidemin

Postby Blueman39 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:19 am

As EFL hasn’t changed the rules, he’s a Forest player ...simple as .....and at least NML is fit again so we do have an option
Blueman39

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 am

I know it doesn't come in to it in modern football but from a human perspective... What does Albert want?!

But football is too ruthless to think of him as a person.
jimmy_rat

Postby Citysince72 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 am

jimmy_rat wrote:I know it doesn't come in to it in modern football but from a human perspective... What does Albert want?!

Football is now ruthless,

Clubs would sell there own grannies for success and money

Its a business now not a sport.
Citysince72

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:I know it doesn't come in to it in modern football but from a human perspective... What does Albert want?!

he probably wants to just play mate because I believe he will not be permitted to play for Forest..

personally I have no issue and would expect us to do likewise.

imagine losing out by one point to a team who were playing one of your own players that you could have recalled.. I don't see they have an option..
skidemin

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 pm

skidemin wrote:

he probably wants to just play mate because I believe he will not be permitted to play for Forest..

personally I have no issue and would expect us to do likewise

Yes. I think he's on record now as saying something to please both sets of fans. Something like... I want to play for Cardiff in the run in but never wanted to leave forest anyway.
jimmy_rat

Return to General Chat