BREAKING: “ CARDIFF WINGER FORCED TO LEAVE “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 am

Nottingham Forest winger Albert Adomah hits out at parent club as he's forced to leave Cardiff City

Adomah's loan spell at the Bluebirds is coming to an end and Forest have denied him the chance to extend his stay

By Matthew Southcombe

Tuesday 30th June 2020

Cardiff's Albert Adomah on the ball (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
Albert Adomah has hit out at parent club Nottingham Forest as their dispute with Cardiff City appeared to reach an ugly conclusion on Monday.

The winger has been on loan at the Bluebirds this season and manager Neil Harris is clearly a fan, having selected him in every game other than the two for which he was not available - the FA Cup tie with Reading and the clash against his parent club.

In January, Adomah signed what he thought was a loan deal until the end of the season in the Welsh capital, which actually comes to an end on June 30.

Both player and Harris were keen for the temporary stay to be extended to the end of the disjointed season, however parent club Forest retained the right to recall him if they wished.

As such, despite there being seven games left in Cardiff's unlikely play-off push, he is now being forced to return to Forest.

Responding to a post on a Nottingham Forest fan Instagram account yesterday, Adomah said: "[It's] Simple: I can't play if I come back. They shouldn't have loaned me out in the first place.

ALBERTS:

"Now i'm helping another club, Forest are playing hard ...

"Guys, please remember one thing: I did not want to leave Forest. Fact!

"Sometimes players get treated like... Before you leave any comments, please thing carefully."

Earlier today, a fuming Harris blasted the EFL and called Forest's integrity into question.

Albert’s last game for us will be tomorrow, unless something changes," Harris said.

ALBERTS:

"I spoke to Nottingham Forrest myself to understand their thinking and took their reasons on board. Ultimately, they want to be promoted. I understand their club perspective, but I can’t understand at all how the EFL have got themselves into this situation and let it develop.

"It is a complete lack of leadership and ownership, a complete lack of guidance from them. It is a disgrace. I couldn’t be more fuming with anybody as I am with the EFL at the moment.”

"My only thought on Forest is that they signed a loan agreement with us to take it to the end of the season after the play-offs. The integrity of that is my only question. That’s all they have to answer."
Attachments
D4C6C228-8340-4C90-BAAE-ED47D1DC07E0.jpeg
D4C6C228-8340-4C90-BAAE-ED47D1DC07E0.jpeg (66.17 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING: “ CARDIFF WINGER FORCED TO LEAVE “

Postby JulesK » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:09 am

Nottingham Forest..... Once a scab always a scab :twisted:

That's one for the :old:

Am I right in thinking the lad cannot play for them this season or can he?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 am

JulesK wrote:Nottingham Forest..... Once a scab always a scab :twisted:

That's one for the :old:

Am I right in thinking the lad cannot play for them this season or can he?

Jules, totally agree, I can’t stand them.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby LORD LUCAN’S LOAFERS » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 am

just watch ‘KARMA’ take care of it all :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
LORD LUCAN’S LOAFERS

Postby Abergavenny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 am

Don’t like them but can’t blame them. The lockdown at least means we have Tomlin NML back so I think overall a win for us
Hope The player puts in a stormer for us tonight and signs off with a win
Abergavenny

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:59 am

This is quite ridiculous of forest. If anything Adomah is actually helping forest because he is helping extend the gap between 6th and 7th places thus securing forest position in the top 6

Forest shouldn’t worry about us. If we are not in play offs it will be someone else - they can’t stop that - all they need to worry About is that they are there

And like I said because of the Gap that we have created, of which Adomah, was part forest prospects of a top 6 position have improved
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:15 am

Forest have every right to recall their player. The loan deal was until the 30th June if we wanted it longer then we should have made the transfer permanent back in January.

On the bright side players who weren't available to us in January have regained fitness and are now available for selection. Harris should let this go and get on with the job of securing a play-off position and not allow this row to turn into an unwanted distraction.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby BLUECHUGGY » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 am

SCAB club SCAB fans SCAB area, wish you all the worst in the championship next season :x
BLUECHUGGY

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:01 am

I’d like forest to be in the play offs. There a club I think we can beat

Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Citysince72 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am

Seems a stupid petty decision from Forest

I like A Roman but he's nothing special

We got enough quality in the squad to see us through.
Citysince72

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:Nottingham Forest winger Albert Adomah hits out at parent club as he's forced to leave Cardiff City

Adomah's loan spell at the Bluebirds is coming to an end and Forest have denied him the chance to extend his stay

By Matthew Southcombe

Tuesday 30th June 2020

Cardiff's Albert Adomah on the ball (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
Albert Adomah has hit out at parent club Nottingham Forest as their dispute with Cardiff City appeared to reach an ugly conclusion on Monday.

The winger has been on loan at the Bluebirds this season and manager Neil Harris is clearly a fan, having selected him in every game other than the two for which he was not available - the FA Cup tie with Reading and the clash against his parent club.

In January, Adomah signed what he thought was a loan deal until the end of the season in the Welsh capital, which actually comes to an end on June 30.

Both player and Harris were keen for the temporary stay to be extended to the end of the disjointed season, however parent club Forest retained the right to recall him if they wished.

As such, despite there being seven games left in Cardiff's unlikely play-off push, he is now being forced to return to Forest.

Responding to a post on a Nottingham Forest fan Instagram account yesterday, Adomah said: "[It's] Simple: I can't play if I come back. They shouldn't have loaned me out in the first place.

ALBERTS:

"Now i'm helping another club, Forest are playing hard ...

"Guys, please remember one thing: I did not want to leave Forest. Fact!

"Sometimes players get treated like... Before you leave any comments, please thing carefully."

Earlier today, a fuming Harris blasted the EFL and called Forest's integrity into question.

Albert’s last game for us will be tomorrow, unless something changes," Harris said.

ALBERTS:

"I spoke to Nottingham Forrest myself to understand their thinking and took their reasons on board. Ultimately, they want to be promoted. I understand their club perspective, but I can’t understand at all how the EFL have got themselves into this situation and let it develop.

"It is a complete lack of leadership and ownership, a complete lack of guidance from them. It is a disgrace. I couldn’t be more fuming with anybody as I am with the EFL at the moment.”

"My only thought on Forest is that they signed a loan agreement with us to take it to the end of the season after the play-offs. The integrity of that is my only question. That’s all they have to answer."

Albert speaking some sense here and I totally agree with him. I also agree that Forest are a scummy club with scummy fans :P
I'm not saying that it's right but I suspect that City would do the same if the situation was reversed though. With the golden egg of the EPL at stake I'm afraid that morals often go out of the window. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 am

When we get them in the play offs Karma will prevail.
Llantwit bluebird

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:21 am

I don't get why people are hammering Forest calling them scabs just because they've decided they don't want to help aid their promotion rivals. Id expect us to have done the same thing as them if we were in their position as id want us to get a gain an advantage on our play off rivals. But I have tbh I don't see Adomah as a big loss and think he's bang average. Doesn't score or assist any more than our other wingers and he's clearly lost a yard or two of pace since his days at Villa and id class him as our 3rd best winger behind Mendez-Laing, Josh Murphy and Junior Hoilett. Its not great for the lad I know but I guarantee most other clubs would have done the same as Forest including ours if we were in their position.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Sven » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:36 am

Abergavenny wrote:Don’t like them but can’t blame them. The lockdown at least means we have Tomlin NML back so I think overall a win for us

You most certainly can/should 'blame them'

Quote (City's Neil Harris) "they signed a loan agreement with us to take it to the end of the season after the play-offs. The integrity of that is my only question. That’s all they have to answer." and answer they should

This decision (live in hope it is overturned) may not quite be labelled 'cheating' but it is not in the best spirit of the game; particularly after the disruptions to the season. City were still paying their portion of his wages when not playing

Forest now appear to have loaned Adomah out not believing a Neil Harris led City could make the play-offs and now they (City) are, Forest are playing schoolyard games by taking their proverbial ball home

Let's hope he plays a blinder tonight and helps give us a win against Charlton Athletic

Adomah...Adomah! :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Attachments
Adomah.jpg
Adomah.jpg (66.17 KiB) Viewed 5337 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Crayfish » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:37 am

He has done much better than expected considering his age and the fact that many forest fans thought he was past it when he joined us. Also it was great to see a winger who actually crossed the ball into the box. That said I prefer ML and I think the only reason AA played so much was ML was injured. Would also like to see us give Whyte a go again. He was supposed to be a winger when he joined us but seems to have been played as a hard working wide midfielder. No reason to worry to much over this one.
Crayfish

Postby maccydee » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 am

Paul Keevil wrote:This is quite ridiculous of forest. If anything Adomah is actually helping forest because he is helping extend the gap between 6th and 7th places thus securing forest position in the top 6

Forest shouldn’t worry about us. If we are not in play offs it will be someone else - they can’t stop that - all they need to worry About is that they are there

And like I said because of the Gap that we have created, of which Adomah, was part forest prospects of a top 6 position have improved

How? Adomah isn’t playing for Swansea, Millwall etc and has no influence on their results and the gap.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am

We will miss Adomah he is a 6/7 player regularly whereas his likely replacement NML is an 8/9 occasionally but more often a 5/6.

Hopefully we see the NML that started our promotion season as he absolutely has it in him.

I quite like Whyte mind.
maccydee

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:25 am

Very sad, he has been a great player for us and he and Sanderson have made us ten times better down the right hand side, which was our weak link.

If it was the other way around and Murphy was playing and improving them massively we would want him returned so that he couldn't damage us in the playoffs, as someone said hopefully it's bad Karma and we will smash them in the playoffs.
Bluebina

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 am

I'll be sad to see him go. He's fitted right in with us since the off and his experience shows. He also looks like he wants to be here and enjoys playing for us, which is vital.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Havens Pembs bluebird » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:56 am

Is that correct he can’t play for them in their remaining games ? I think I read that somewhere . I would be surprised if that was accurate. Play off game og v us would be :shock: :lol: :lol: :occasion5:
Havens Pembs bluebird

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Forest have every right to recall their player. The loan deal was until the 30th June if we wanted it longer then we should have made the transfer permanent back in January.

On the bright side players who weren't available to us in January have regained fitness and are now available for selection. Harris should let this go and get on with the job of securing a play-off position and not allow this row to turn into an unwanted distraction.

I agree... and every time the topic of a possible restart / cancel etc has been brought up , so have contracts and loans...
so if fans are thinking about the difficulties or possible difficulties that might arise if football was to restart why haven't the club ? this was a first week in April problem not a last week in June problem.. who knows maybe the answer would have been different ?
skidemin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Sven wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Don’t like them but can’t blame them. The lockdown at least means we have Tomlin NML back so I think overall a win for us

You most certainly can/should 'blame them'

Quote (City's Neil Harris) "they signed a loan agreement with us to take it to the end of the season after the play-offs. The integrity of that is my only question. That’s all they have to answer." and answer they should

This decision (live in hope it is overturned) may not quite be labelled 'cheating' but it is not in the best spirit of the game; particularly after the disruptions to the season. City were still paying their portion of his wages when not playing

Forest now appear to have loaned Adomah out not believing a Neil Harris led City could make the play-offs and now they (City) are, Forest are playing schoolyard games by taking their proverbial ball home

Let's hope he plays a blinder tonight and helps give us a win against Charlton Athletic

Adomah...Adomah! :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sven the deal was until 30th June not the end of the season, as they say a contract is a contract and Forest have upheld their end of the deal. Also if you want clubs to adhere to 'the spirit of the game' then we shouldn't play Tomlin or NML as they were out injured 'for the rest of the season' but due to the pandemic they had extra recovery time to play a part in the final run in.

One final thing if Adomah had been crap or injured we would have sent him back to Forest when the 30th June loan date came round because that would have suited us. We can't have it both ways.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:33 pm

skidemin wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Forest have every right to recall their player. The loan deal was until the 30th June if we wanted it longer then we should have made the transfer permanent back in January.

I agree... and every time the topic of a possible restart / cancel etc has been brought up , so have contracts and loans...
so if fans are thinking about the difficulties or possible difficulties that might arise if football was to restart why haven't the club ? this was a first week in April problem not a last week in June problem.. who knows maybe the answer would have been different ?

Very good point. Correct me if I'm wrong but our other loan players had their deals extended by their parent clubs in April/June. Harris/CCFC must have enquired with Forest about extending Adomah's loan deal at that point (if they didn't they were incompetent) so they must have known it was likely that Forest wouldn't extend if we were anywhere near the P/O positions.

Crying about it now serves no purpose.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:37 pm

maccydee wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:This is quite ridiculous of forest. If anything Adomah is actually helping forest because he is helping extend the gap between 6th and 7th places thus securing forest position in the top 6

How? Adomah isn’t playing for Swansea, Millwall etc and has no influence on their results and the gap.

Hi Maccydee. I get that. The point I was making (perhaps badly!) was that prior to the resumption Forest were only 5 points clear of 7th place. But as a direct result of our results, most notably Preston, the gap between Forest and 7th place has now extended to 7points.

Us winning, and having Adomah in our side, is having a beneficial effect for Forest and I am surprised they cannot see this.

Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:47 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Hi Maccydee. I get that. The point I was making (perhaps badly!) was that prior to the resumption Forest were only 5 points clear of 7th place. But as a direct result of our results, most notably Preston, the gap between Forest and 7th place has now extended to 7points.

Us winning, and having Adomah in our side, is having a beneficial effect for Forest and I am surprised they cannot see this.

Trouble with that theory is no-one knows what is going to happen in the next 7 games. All kinds of scenarios could emerge so Forest are simply looking after their self interest by playing all their cards in their favour.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Havens Pembs bluebird wrote:Is that correct he can’t play for them in their remaining games ? I think I read that somewhere . I would be surprised if that was accurate. Play off game og v us would be :shock: :lol: :lol: :occasion5:

I don't have a definite answer but I would assume Adomah was removed from Forest 25 man match day squad when he moved to us and was replaced by another NF player.

If that's true then yes you are correct he can't play for NF in the next 7 league games.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Well maybe Forest might have shot themselves in the foot because now they have got a potential disruptive situation on their hands.

Personally I would have just let the guy enjoy his football and, once he has finished with Cardiff, go back to Forest HAPPY and enjoy playing championship football for them next season.

Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:57 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Well maybe Forest might have shot themselves in the foot because now they have got a potential disruptive situation on their hands.

Personally I would have just let the guy enjoy his football and, once he has finished with Cardiff, go back to Forest HAPPY and enjoy playing championship football for them next season.

Yes that is very true certainly Adomah didn't sound happy about being recalled and could end up being disruptive.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Very good point. Correct me if I'm wrong but our other loan players had their deals extended by their parent clubs in April/June. Harris/CCFC must have enquired with Forest about extending Adomah's loan deal at that point (if they didn't they were incompetent) so they must have known it was likely that Forest wouldn't extend if we were anywhere near the P/O positions.

Crying about it now serves no purpose.

I watched that Dalman interview and read a NH interview both I think in early June and tbh was slightly concerned at both answers re the loan signings.. they both said something along the lines of, sure itll be ok..
but it is what it is..i really don't get the EFL line from NH..
the authorities allowed contreacts to be extended which is all they were required to do..
it then came down to players, agents, clubs and contracts..
some players whose contracts ended have left those clubs.. some a club had asked to stay , some a club did not want.. likewise with loan players, some were unwanted and sent back .. nobody is moaning about us not asking Bogle back to be paid for a few more weeks or in fact Jazz so he can use up more germaline..
skidemin

Postby luxy1970 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:49 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Havens Pembs bluebird wrote:Is that correct he can’t play for them in their remaining games ? I think I read that somewhere . I would be surprised if that was accurate. Play off game og v us would be :shock: :lol: :lol: :occasion5:

I don't have a definite answer but I would assume Adomah was removed from Forest 25 man match day squad when he moved to us and was replaced by another NF player.

If that's true then yes you are correct he can't play for NF in the next 7 league games.[/quote

They can play if they are returning from a suspended / finished season. So not from a championship club
luxy1970

Return to General Chat