THREE CHANGES:" CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:02 pm

So, three changes for the Bluebirds and three strong changes, it must be said.

It's a surprise not to see Will Vaulks in the middle of the park, but he is vital to this City side and he has a big part to play moving forward. Marlon Pack is an excellent person to fill that void, anyway.

You just felt Robert Glatzel was going to get his shot tonight and he has got the nod ahead of Callum Paterson.

With two goals in the last two games, Bluebirds will hope the German can continue his rich vein of form in front of goal.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is named on the left wing instead of Hoilett. Again, Hoilett been in very good form but it would be difficult to leave Mendez-Laing out at the moment. He looks really fired up.

Albert Adomah lines up on the left for his last game, we think, of the season for the Bluebirds.

The back five as you were, as ever.

A huge surprise that Charlton have made SEVEN changes. After winning two games in a row, that is a bit of a shock.

We will have to see how that one pans out, but with Jonny Williams, Aiden McGeady, Macauley Bonne and Darren Pratley all on the bench, you can't help but think it's a weaker Addicks team than last time out.

STARTING 11

Alex Smithies
Dion Sanderson
Sean Morrison
Curtis Nelson
Joe Bennett
Marlon Pack
Leandro Bacuna
Joe Ralls
Albert Adomah
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Robert Glatzel

SUBSTITUTES

Neil Etheridge
Aden Flint
Sol Bamba
Brad Smith
Will Vaulks
Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte
Junior Hoilett
Callum Paterson
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:STARTING 11

Alex Smithies
Dion Sanderson
Sean Morrison
Curtis Nelson
Joe Bennett
Marlon Pack
Leandro Bacuna
Joe Ralls
Albert Adomah
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Robert Glatzel

SUBSTITUTES

Neil Etheridge
Aden Flint
Sol Bamba
Brad Smith
Will Vaulks
Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte
Junior Hoilett
Callum Paterson

No Vaulks?
Strange. Horses for courses maybe.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Not so sure about dropping Vaulks for Pack. Vaulks has been good for us the past couple of games. Looks like a bit of a defensive approach to me for the midfield.
Jimmy Floyd

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:09 pm

Danny Ward not in the squad??
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:10 pm

I understand rotation, but I must say bringing in Marlon Pack at home to Charlton is strange when Tomlin would surely thrive against this sort of opposition.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:10 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Danny Ward not in the squad??

He’s gone hadn’t he.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby phildavies » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Pack is way to slow to be a midfielder for us that was one of the main problems when we were not great when he was starting in the first half of the season. Plus it can’t be as if Vaulks is injured as he is on the bench but even if he wasn’t fit to start somebody else should take his place instead of Pack.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby nojac » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 pm

I think Pack will sit , and Bacuna and Ralls will play further forward . So maybe more attacking ?? We will see .
nojac

Re: THREE CHANGES:" CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:19 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
B095693D-7CC9-45BD-9AB1-F327545F2088.jpeg
B095693D-7CC9-45BD-9AB1-F327545F2088.jpeg (377.71 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Marto » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:21 pm

SSN say Charlton making 7 changes :ayatollah:
Marto

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 pm

A huge surprise that Charlton have made SEVEN changes. After winning two games in a row, that is a bit of a shock.

We will have to see how that one pans out, but with Jonny Williams, Aiden McGeady, Macauley Bonne and Darren Pratley all on the bench, you can't help but think it's a weaker Addicks team than last time out.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:29 pm

nojac wrote:I think Pack will sit , and Bacuna and Ralls will play further forward . So maybe more attacking ?? We will see .

I think you're right, it's a slightly different shape, Vaulks has been brilliant for us, but I think he's just giving him a rest he's run his bollocks off as has, Hoilett and Patterson, we have a cracking bench with plenty of options to change things around. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If you remember Charlton started really well and then faded, so it's a really tough game tonight as it's a new start to the season for them and us, and they are a dangerous team when fresh with everyone fit!
Bluebina

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A huge surprise that Charlton have made SEVEN changes. After winning two games in a row, that is a bit of a shock.

Mmm certainly looks that way Annis. Is he resting a few for a tough game then bringing them back in on Saturday maybe?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 pm

I'm totally bemused Pack is starting, as our last 2 wins have been from our high pressing, high energy approach. We've won 2 games and although I'm sure there will be tired legs, the momentum generated from those wins should keep us going. I hope Pack starting doesn't contribute to a slower tempo, resulting in a sluggish performance to cost us.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:34 pm

TEAM NEWS!

Cardiff City XI (4-3-3): Smithies; Sanderson, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Pack, Bacuna, Ralls; Adomah, Mendez-Laing, Glatzel

Subs: Etheridge, Flint, Bamba, Smith, Vaulks, Whyte Tomlin, Hoilett, Paterson

Charlton Athletic XI (3-5-2):Phillips; Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr; Doughty, Forster-Caskey, Field, Cullen, Lapslie; Green, Aneke.

Subs: Amos, Purrington, Oshilaja, Pratley, Williams, McGeady, Morgan, Bonne, Davison

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Citysince72 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:34 pm

I think Harris has one eye on Bristol Saturday with the changes

Suprised with Charlton, 7 changes and they are not safe yet
Citysince72

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Citysince72 wrote:I think Harris has one eye on Bristol Saturday with the changes

Suprised with Charlton, 7 changes and they are not safe yet

I hope that’s the case as Vaulks hadn’t done anything to be dropped.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Citysince72 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Vaulks is a strange one

And should be starting unless hes had a knock
Citysince72

Postby Crayfish » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:53 pm

Yes a bit of a surprise selection wise I assume there is some measure of squad rotation here as there are plenty of fixtures to play in a small space of time. Amazed at Charlton making seven changes does anyone thing Bowyer migh be writing off this match and saving his best players for more winnable matches?
Crayfish

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm totally bemused Pack is starting, as our last 2 wins have been from our high pressing, high energy approach. We've won 2 games and although I'm sure there will be tired legs, the momentum generated from those wins should keep us going. I hope Pack starting doesn't contribute to a slower tempo, resulting in a sluggish performance to cost us.

Well I said I was worried starting Pack would contribute to a slower tempo and more sluggish performance and it seems that's happened. One shot on target all game and a massive opportunity missed.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm totally bemused Pack is starting, as our last 2 wins have been from our high pressing, high energy approach. We've won 2 games and although I'm sure there will be tired legs, the momentum generated from those wins should keep us going. I hope Pack starting doesn't contribute to a slower tempo, resulting in a sluggish performance to cost us.

Well I said I was worried starting Pack would contribute to a slower tempo and more sluggish performance and it seems that's happened. One shot on target all game and a massive opportunity missed.

I thought Pack was poor, but the whole performance lacked zip and urgency. and whats with all these quick free kicks ffs..
skidemin

Return to General Chat