Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Am I the only one? Terrible City TV experience

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 pm

Am I the only one having awful trouble with the City TV on a laptop. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, turning AdBlock off, Ant-Virus off. I sign into City TV, click on the Live tab and then just a big grey box telling me a subscription is required. If I sign in on the app on phone then it works fine but I don't want to watch the game on a 4 inch screen. What is that about? Any IT experts have any ideas before I throw my laptop out of the f*cking window. AAAAAAARRGGRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Re: Am I the only one? Terrible City TV experience

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 pm

BlueBonez wrote:Am I the only one having awful trouble with the City TV on a laptop. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, turning AdBlock off, Ant-Virus off. I sign into City TV, click on the Live tab and then just a big grey box telling me a subscription is required. If I sign in on the app on phone then it works fine but I don't want to watch the game on a 4 inch screen. What is that about? Any IT experts have any ideas before I throw my laptop out of the f*cking window. AAAAAAARRGGRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Uses laptop and no problems excellent picture no buffer..... maybe chrome problem I use just Google

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

I had it working on Firefox for a while then just cut off and same thing with the grey box with subscription required, when it did work it was great, picture sharp and no buffering. Really weird, how many games do we have on there? I much prefer Sky coverage

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm

I used a laptop with chrome linked to the TV using HDMI cable

No issues at all

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm

No problems on my iPad apart from being an awful game!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 pm

BlueBonez wrote:Am I the only one having awful trouble with the City TV on a laptop. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, turning AdBlock off, Ant-Virus off. I sign into City TV, click on the Live tab and then just a big grey box telling me a subscription is required. If I sign in on the app on phone then it works fine but I don't want to watch the game on a 4 inch screen. What is that about? Any IT experts have any ideas before I throw my laptop out of the f*cking window. AAAAAAARRGGRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :banghead:

I could well be wrong but did I hear that you could only watch it on one device? I went through all the registration stuff where you had to make your season ticket choice on my laptop, including input of the code that they had emailed to me. If you did all that stuff on your phone perhaps you can only watch the games on your phone. If that's the case can you cast it to your tv if it's a smart tv.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 pm

I've used the same laptop for all 3 games (with Chrome)- tonight and Leeds game then no problems and perfect picture connected to the TV via HDMI.
Preston game I had the same problem as described above. I logged on to my city account and clicked the live tab, only to have displayed the big grey screen telling me a subscription was required. Spent all of the first half logging on/off, restarting etc and messaging the 'non' support contact e-mail. Eventually with 30 mins left I managed to get a connection to the game and watched the remainder.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Use the app and works fine on my iPad.
Clear picture, no buffering. The gay commentator could be better though!

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:45 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Use the app and works fine on my iPad.

we need a pundit in there with him.. Steve McClaren doing it in Welsh something like that..

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:33 am

skidemin wrote:

we need a pundit in there with him.. Steve McClaren doing it in Welsh something like that..

Or maybe Joey Barton with his French accent would be good.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:25 am

Used it through my Samsung Smart TV browser and was pleasantly surprised with the quality throughout, not a single issue and all pretty straightforward.

I agree about the commentator needing an analysis alongside him mind ! The game was pretty boring but he was making me lose the will to live :shock: :lol:

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:16 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Used it through my Samsung Smart TV browser and was pleasantly surprised with the quality throughout, not a single issue and all pretty straightforward.

I agree about the commentator needing an analysis alongside him mind ! The game was pretty boring but he was making me lose the will to live :shock: :lol:

I think he tried quite hard to keep going. said every possible stat he could think of but desperately needed someone in there to bounce off...

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:41 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Paul, I watched on iFollow and it was an Charlton commentator to start but then I found an alternate channel where a city man was commentating...

It sounded like (but I'd hate to think it was) Jason 'Psycho' Perry and it was pretty mono-tone! :(

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:02 pm

thomasblue wrote:I used a laptop with chrome linked to the TV using HDMI cable

No issues at all

I used a laptop and screen mirrored it to my Samsung Tv no problems

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Sven wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Paul, I watched on iFollow and it was an Charlton commentator to start but then I found an alternate channel where a city man was commentating...

It sounded like (but I'd hate to think it was) Jason 'Psycho' Perry and it was pretty mono-tone! :(

I’m not sure what iFollow is Chris?
I think the commentary counts more when your watching with no crowds/atmosphere!