NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:36 pm

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris:

“I am pleased with a clean sheet.”

"The euphoria of the last two games and my praise for the players was right, but we still have a long way to go and that was evident tonight. As much as we dominated the ball, we just lacked that killer moment.

"But it could be a valuable point. Fair play to Charlton, they came and parked the bus at times and didn't quite have those moments to break them down.

"I'm pleased with a clean sheet and a lot of individual performances. We just need those moments of quality."
Attachments
6B2718D6-E799-4ECA-A54E-C768620F0769.jpeg
6B2718D6-E799-4ECA-A54E-C768620F0769.jpeg (146.04 KiB) Viewed 4843 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:44 pm

Fair summary from Neil Harris.

Pretty much spot on with what he says there.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby thomasblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 pm

The only good part of that performance was the clean sheet so he is right
thomasblue

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:00 pm

2 wins and a draw, would have bitten your hand off for that. Let's kick on now with another win!
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 pm

Disappointing performance but we've picked up more points than would have expected to against leeds/Preston so overall going well.. :bluescarf:
pembroke allan

Postby Danny Says » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 pm

Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.
Danny Says

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:45 pm

Danny Says wrote:Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.

He didn't say he was pleased with the performance. He said he's pleased with the clean sheet and we still have a long way to go. :roll:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

He didn't say he was pleased with the performance. He said he's pleased with the clean sheet and we still have a long way to go. :roll:

Yeh tbf I thought our passing was okay at times and we played some neat stuff around their box. Possibly Tomlin should have came on earlier and NML stayed on a bit later. Either way, it's definitely not hoofball any more :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Yeh tbf I thought our passing was okay at times and we played some neat stuff around their box. Possibly Tomlin should have came on earlier and NML stayed on a bit later. Either way, it's definitely not hoofball any more :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

hoofball….it was 10 times worse, zero urgency zero passion but we passed it sideways 4 times.. even when Tomlin came on nobody passed to him ? and why all those short free kicks..
im praying Saturday is better..
skidemin

Postby Don Keydick » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:02 am

I hope his remarks are for the press and he's fuming. Brilliant wins against the league leaders and away on a ground where we don't usually do well was undone by that result last night. Too many draws this season and we'd struggle in the play offs with possible games with Fulham or Brentford.
And typical of our luck, we have a striker who was starting to look the part, and he's taken off injured, don't be surprised if he's out for the rest of the season, because that's the norm.
Don Keydick

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:07 am

We have not had that killer instinct since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. We have slogged our way to the Premier twice since those days and it looks like we are about to do the same again if we are to get promoted.

I just feel over the seasons if we had managed to attract that one striker we would be an established Premier side now.
Bakedalasker

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:18 am

Bakedalasker wrote:We have not had that killer instinct since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. We have slogged our way to the Premier twice since those days and it looks like we are about to do the same again if we are to get promoted.

I just feel over the seasons if we had managed to attract that one striker we would be an established Premier side now.

I’m hoping that Harris can recognise a decent striker to bring in whether that’s a younger player or a more experienced player where the previous managers have largely failed.

I like Glatzel but I’d like to see a more mobile and quicker striker come in. The complete opposite to Paterson in fact as we are definitely going to need someone.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:47 am

Disappointed with his team selection. Yes I get the principle of using the squad but surely pick your strongest team at least from the start against a bottom 6 team. What was the point of picking Glatzel who thrives on balls to feet without Tomlin to create for him?
As for the bench well the game was over once Paterson come on. Why wasn’t Ward on the bench? No Ward? Why both Bamba and Flint on the bench? In fact Flint would have done a better job than Paterson.
As for a clean sheet? Not that difficult against such a negative team.
Harris needs the team to up their tempo.
Danny Says

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:10 am

Our Achilles heel is teams that come to defend, we are better on the break and against teams that leave us some room, a good point against a difficult team to beat in good form, 7 points out of those three games is fantastic, onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:23 am

Danny Says wrote:Disappointed with his team selection. Yes I get the principle of using the squad but surely pick your strongest team at least from the start against a bottom 6 team. What was the point of picking Glatzel who thrives on balls to feet without Tomlin to create for him?
As for the bench well the game was over once Paterson come on. Why wasn’t Ward on the bench? No Ward? Why both Bamba and Flint on the bench? In fact Flint would have done a better job than Paterson.

Just about spot on that post.
I think Ward has agreed to stay on until the end of the season but perhaps he’s injured? ..... again?!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby HarriRhys22 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 am

Danny Says wrote:Disappointed with his team selection. Yes I get the principle of using the squad but surely pick your strongest team at least from the start against a bottom 6 team. What was the point of picking Glatzel who thrives on balls to feet without Tomlin to create for him?

Charlton made 7 changes to their team so we basically played their reserves! The fact is we haven’t the quality break down teams who play our game and just come to defend and hit us on the break!
HarriRhys22

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I didn't care a jot about not having a clean sheet last Saturday and will not next time we concede but win. and I doubt NH does either...
skidemin

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:We have not had that killer instinct since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. We have slogged our way to the Premier twice since those days and it looks like we are about to do the same again if we are to get promoted.

I’m hoping that Harris can recognise a decent striker to bring in whether that’s a younger player or a more experienced player where the previous managers have largely failed.

I like Glatzel but I’d like to see a more mobile and quicker striker come in. The complete opposite to Paterson in fact as we are definitely going to need someone.

In a time where seemingly nobody has any money, maybe we can do a trade with someone. Possibly go and ask Warnock if he wants Callum Paterson for Britt Assombalonga who's contract expires in 12 months, you never know maybe he'll bite :lol: . Warnock loves a striker who does a job for him and Pato certainly does that. Would be nice to have a striker who knows where and when to run along with how to link play with others. Would love it if Glatzel turns out to be that but im still unsure about him becoming that top striker we all crave.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:05 am

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

hoofball….it was 10 times worse, zero urgency zero passion but we passed it sideways 4 times.. even when Tomlin came on nobody passed to him ? and why all those short free kicks..

It was the insistence on going left everytime we went forward that hampered us because we kept running into dead end .. the right was clear numerous times but we only looked left for pass ! Didn't understand why Tomlin only came on in last 15 mins surely halftime would been better especially with extra subs allowed, In hindsight same starting team as previous two games would been better with subs much earlier than normally used.
pembroke allan

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:10 pm

We did attract that one striker but unfortunately he is no longer in this world :(
Ponty Bluebird

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

It was the insistence on going left everytime we went forward that hampered us because we kept running into dead end .. the right was clear numerous times but we only looked left for pass ! Didn't understand why Tomlin only came on in last 15 mins surely halftime would been better especially with extra subs allowed, In hindsight same starting team as previous two games would been better with subs much earlier than normally used.

I thought Tomlin being on the bench for the first 2 games was partly to then utilise him more in this sort of game ?
I thought he was nailed on to be a starter, even if he was the only change. but at the very least have the 2nd half..
skidemin

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:

We did attract that one striker but unfortunately he is no longer in this world :(

Tragically we can’t say that because nobody knows how he would have done.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat