MY VIEW:CARDIFF AFTER 2 CONSECUTIVE WINS, AGAINST STRUGGLIN

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW:CARDIFF AFTER 2 CONSECUTIVE WINS, AGAINST STRUGG

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:46 pm

2 pts dropped unfortunately. Pack is pointless and I have no clue why Harris played him as he slows everything down. And yet again Paterson contributing to nothing when he doesn't score. He doesn't link play, his movement is awful, he has no pace, and he's technically dreadful. I like his attitude but its not enough in my opinion to justify getting in to the team. Here's hoping Warnock comes in with offers for Aden Flint, Marlon Pack and Callum Paterson.
Bluebird Warrior

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:18 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
8E02114C-E993-4C27-BF93-583BB88B9CD3.png
8E02114C-E993-4C27-BF93-583BB88B9CD3.png (563.68 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:45 pm

Updated:
Attachments
ABC7A935-4F1F-467F-88BA-01038CE1D05E.png
ABC7A935-4F1F-467F-88BA-01038CE1D05E.png (563.68 KiB) Viewed 2353 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:03 pm

Missed Opportunity :(
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:00 pm

In fairness,I posted we would win 7 and draw 2 of our remaining games post covid,but must admit,I though Preston was going to be one of the draws!! But always seems harder against teams battling near the foot of the table,as Luton proved again tonight v weeds :lol: but as has been alluded to,its a point,and not a loss completely :thumbup: keep the faith :bluebird: :bluebird: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 pm

Its the championship anything will happen take look at results tonight? Bet other clubs fans are saying exactly what some are saying on here! The good point is it's one game less for those behind us. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Welshman in CA » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 pm

We never looked like scoring after Glatzel went off, not that we did before then either but I still had hope while he was there as he seemed to be causing some issues.
Welshman in CA

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Its the championship anything will happen take look at results tonight? Bet other clubs fans are saying exactly what some are saying on here! The good point is it's one game less for those behind us. :thumbup:

Except a couple who could be 1 and 2 points behind if they win,but another game out of the way,I was hoping Harris would stick with the winning formula of the last two victories,and bring on Glatzel tomlin and NML on,after softening them up first,but hey I'm not a proffessional football manager for a reason :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:52 pm

Mike Strinati wrote:Don’t know why Pack started, he gave the ball away time and time again. Nelson was the only positive tonight. If we knew we would take 7 from 9 points mind I think we all would have been happy with that. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Nelson my MotM and had a great game :thumbup:

Couldn't figure out Mendez-Laing? I'm not sure Neil Harris didn't put horse blinkers on him, as he seemed to run into blind channels all night when there were obvious passes either side of him

Overall, as disappointing as it was that Charlton should be the draw, I'm sure we would have taken 6 points from the 9 on offer over the three games and we move on to the next one :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby BC-CB » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 am

Hands up who didn't see this coming? Especially with the side selected. After two games where I've praised Harris for selection and tactics, this was a step backwards. Still, as mentioned above 7 from 9 points will do. Let's hope and pray we can repeat that haul from the next 3 games. Still no goals conceded since the restart. Long may that continue. :bluescarf: :bluebird: :occasion5:
BC-CB

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:01 am

A piss poor game to watch and extremely boring although that’s not so important at this stage of the season. Looked more like a mid table end of season clash with very little creativity going forward.

Mendez was poor as he often is unless he sparks one or two exciting moves per game.
Paterson? Jeez if we had another forward I’m not sure I’d put him on the bench, terrible footballer.

2 points dropped without a doubt.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:44 am

Neil Harris on Curtis Nelson: ‘Nelson and Mozza are whole-hearted, aggressive centre halves. I’m demanding more and they’re getting better all the time. Nelson is right-footed, playing on the left and practices every day on his weaker side. They’ve got a clean sheet mentality.’

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:53 am

It was disappointing but what I can’t fathom is all these posters questioning why Harris changed a winning team.

It doesn’t take a footballing genius to work out that with two games every week until the end of the season he has to rotate to make sure we avoid season ending injuries.

Do you really think he wanted to rest Vaulks and Hoilett?

Why do you think he played Adomah right until the end ? He’s going back to Forest so Harris used him even though he looked knackered for the last 20 mins.

With the break and then lack of build up the players are nowhere near the condition they would normally be in and all managers will have to be very careful to avoid strains and pulled muscles.
piledriver64

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:22 am

Mendez-Laing always struggles on the left. He is very right footed which leaves him nowhere to. When he did knock the ball on to run on to it just runs out of play. Our balance is always better when he is on the right. Adomah did swop with him for 5 mins but it didn’t last. Hoilett on the lest and Mendez on the right for Saturday hopefully.
Bridgwater Blue

Postby Llantwit Blue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:50 am

Annis that Rugby free kick was from Ralls no Tomlin Why they ever let him near dead balls even corners God knows
Llantwit Blue

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:16 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:Annis that Rugby free kick was from Ralls no Tomlin Why they ever let him near dead balls even corners God knows

Agreed, his dead balls are awful !!

I also thought he got a bit dominated in midfield yesterday. His only forward contribution was the one ball through to Adomah.
piledriver64

Postby BluebirdForever » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:33 am

I expected a changed team tonight because of the cluttered, intense fixture list. Players are going to pick up injuries or fatigue will set in if the same team is being named every game. And a few weeks ago, if you looked at Leeds, Preston and Charlton I think most of us would’ve chosen to field a weaker side against Charlton as opposed to the other two sides.

In my opinion, Paterson is not good enough. Under Warnock (in the championship) Paterson suited our style of football but under Harris, we play with more skill. Meanwhile Paterson has about much skill as a ten year old. Maybe he’s off form now and he’ll improve but I’ve never seen much skill from him if I’m honest. We extended Danny Ward’s contract by a month, why didn’t he start?

All credit to Charlton, though. It’s not easy to visit an in-form’s side’s ground and come away with something.
BluebirdForever

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:38 am

bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Its the championship anything will happen take look at results tonight? Bet other clubs fans are saying exactly what some are saying on here! The good point is it's one game less for those behind us. :thumbup:

Except a couple who could be 1 and 2 points behind if they win,but another game out of the way,I was hoping Harris would stick with the winning formula of the last two victories,and bring on Glatzel tomlin and NML on,after softening them up first,but hey I'm not a proffessional football manager for a reason :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

The teams are so close got to expect one or two to close up and teams around us will take points off each other like tonight's derby game ..... tomlin should come on earlier and adohma should come off halftime but like said one game less at least it's in our hands for now :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:44 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
A4F5728F-040F-4C1E-8FE7-30310711BF81.png
A4F5728F-040F-4C1E-8FE7-30310711BF81.png (525.97 KiB) Viewed 1945 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:15 pm

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby NPCF3 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:34 am

Huge games coming up. Thankfully for us, Bristol City and Blackburn MUST come to attack the game, which always plays into our hands. Charlton are tactically astute and don't forget they started off the season on fire, this is like the start of the season form again for them and they thoroughly deserve to stay up this season.

Tense times, but like others have said, Derby will have earned their stripes if they get into the play-offs with their run in. I can't see them going undefeated playing Saturday-Tuesday against teams like Brentford, WBA and Leeds. Hopefully they'll have last day agony dished out to them by us and we can all shout that one's for snowgate :thumbright: :ayatollah:
NPCF3

Postby Danny Says » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:16 am

Derby have been winning games by a single goal and reliant on Rooney and Sibley.
Yes they have been on a great run but maybe it’ll end v Forest in Saturday.
Plus they’ve got a pending EFL charge hanging over their heads which presumably will be resolved shortly as it can’t be left hanging until pre season.
Danny Says

Previous

Return to General Chat