Those who believed Boris / UK

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 pm

Those that kept saying Boris/ UK were doing a good job regarding the handling of the virus?

BBC / SKY / ITV now all saying the same

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has overtaken Boris Johnson as the British public’s preferred choice for Prime Minister, according to a new poll.

The survey, conducted by Opinium for The Observer, found that 37% said Sir Keir would be a better choice for the top job compared to 35% who favoured Mr Johnson.

It also revealed the majority of Brits disapprove of the Government’s handling of the Covid-19 crisis for the seventh week in a row.

Three-in-five (59%) claimed they are unhappy with current levels of testing in the UK, while 57% are critical of the Government’s handling of the test and trace system.

The gap between Labour and the Tories is also continuing to close, with Sir Keir’s party currently only four points behind in terms of voting intentions, down from a 20-point lead in February.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Those who believed Boris / UK

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:03 pm

The Guardian

Poll: UK government losing public approval over handling of virus
A new low of just three in 10 people support Covid-19 measures, says Opinium survey

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Very Sad to hear tonight

Breaking Sky News

Leicester will keep coronavirus restrictions in place as part of the UK's first localised lockdown.

Schools will close and non-essential shops will also shut down from tomorrow, Health Secretary Matt Hancock told the House of Commons this evening.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:53 pm

I don't understand why they are just recommending not to travel to and from the city.

It should be locked down . Nobody in nobody out, simple. You won't stop the spread if you don't stop people spreading out.
thomasblue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:55 pm

thomasblue wrote:I don't understand why they are just recommending not to travel to and from the city.

It should be locked down . Nobody in nobody out, simple. You won't stop the spread if you don't stop people spreading out.

Agree .
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Undoubtedly if starmer was in power boris would be ahead in polls Thats politics for you :old:
pembroke allan

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Polls are frequently unreliable, and badly skewed. Usually to dupe so as to influence. Therefore, a pointless exercise as recent history has shown.
rumpo kid

Postby Jock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 am

rumpo kid wrote:Polls are frequently unreliable, and badly skewed. Usually to dupe so as to influence. Therefore, a pointless exercise as recent history has shown.

The Observer and the Guardian :lol: :lol: :lol: wouldn’t believe my fish and chips if they were wrapped up in either of those.
Jock

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:30 am

The problem with these pretend lockdown in the UK , which from day one were more like party lockdowns.

Leicester being asked to kindly lockdown, every entrance to the City of Leicester or the outskirts should be closed and in and out only for essentials or emergency etc.

Easily down .

If Barcelona and Madrid can do it etc a small place like Leicester can, Come on Dithering Boris, you clown.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:31 am

Jock wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Polls are frequently unreliable, and badly skewed. Usually to dupe so as to influence. Therefore, a pointless exercise as recent history has shown.

The Observer and the Guardian :lol: :lol: :lol: wouldn’t believe my fish and chips if they were wrapped up in either of those.

I agree they are not the best papers , but Boris is loosing the support of the people who made him PM.

Including me who voted for him.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bill22322 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

I agree they are not the best papers , but Boris is loosing the support of the people who made him PM.

His handling of this crisis has been appalling and a signifier of how incompetent him and the current Tory Government are.
bill22322

Postby thomasblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am

bill22322 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

His handling of this crisis has been appalling and a signifier of how incompetent him and the current Tory Government are.

They have made mistakes that's a fact but would any of the others have done any better ?

If Corbyn had won I doubt we would have had a lock down at all in any form and we would have hundreds of thousands dead now.

Unfortunately we live in a time where our politicians are probably the poorest in a century.

We need a young fresh politician to come through and make a difference but looking around Westminster there isn't one.

Dominic Raab is about the only one who shows any signs of knowing what he is doing
thomasblue

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

Cards on the table, I would never have voted for Boris because he is a complete numpty.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start because he came over as someone who was listening to the scientists and that's all I wanted, whoever was the leader. Later events proved that he wasn't listening to the experts and was simply making political decisions.

But the main reason that he's not doing so well in the polls is that there is now a viable option as the country's leader. Starmer is a very clever bloke who is quite clear in what he wants to do and also comes over as being pretty genuine (famous last words I know !!). Watching him destroy Boris in every PM Questions I almost feel sorry for Boris as he is so out of his depth.

I didn't think there would be another Labour government for at least 10 years after the Corbyn debacle, now I believe that might change a lot quicker that many ever thought possible.
piledriver64

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

Cards on the table, I would never have voted for Boris because he is a complete numpty.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start because he came over as someone who was listening to the scientists and that's all I wanted, whoever was the leader. Later events proved that he wasn't listening to the experts and was simply making political decisions.

But the main reason that he's not doing so well in the polls is that there is now a viable option as the country's leader. Starmer is a very clever bloke who is quite clear in what he wants to do and also comes over as being pretty genuine (famous last words I know !!). Watching him destroy Boris in every PM Questions I almost feel sorry for Boris as he is so out of his depth.

I didn't think there would be another Labour government for at least 10 years after the Corbyn debacle, now I believe that might change a lot quicker that many ever thought possible.
piledriver64

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Can’t see that happening until they’ve booted out the lefties(again).. shame they keep hijacking the Labour Party then pretend they’re normal people. Starmers war is just beginning..
rumpo kid

Postby Whistler » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:26 pm

Whilst I am no great fan of Welsh Labour. It has been proven that the outcomes of Covid in Wales have been far better than that of England based on the size of the population. Maybe Drakeford's approach of slowly slowly was the best way. Boris seems to be adopting the Trump gungho approach for which our cousins on the other side of Offer's Dyke are having to suffer the effects of Boris Mania :old:
Whistler

Postby john52 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:07 pm

As I have said before I voted for Boris for 2 reasons .ONe because I believed Brexit should have happened after the first vote and secondly was because I could not have Corbin or Diane abbot anywhere near a government .Since the coronavirus ALL I can see Is BORis and his government failure after failure an to me he is NOT FIT to be Prime minister
john52

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:19 pm

Number Theater - :!:
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

going to vote for kier the knee ?
I don't think so...
skidemin

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:12 am

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

I don't think so...

Going to vote for Boris who in the last week or so:
Defended corruption in his own party

Announced a 'new deal' which works out to about a tenner a person a year (nothing for Wales though) and in most cases is less than what the Tories have cut. Has cut the affordable homes budget.

Plans to get rid of jury's

Appointed David frost as national security adviser.... A person with 0 experience and who was recently the CEO of the scotch whisky association.

Discovered that Boris would've found out that Russia was offering bounties to Taliban linked fighters to kill British troops all the way back in March.

Also not released the Russian interference report.

Missed the deadline to extend brexit negotiations so no deal looks like it'll coincide with a second wave (excuse there for brexiteers when brexit is a shambles). We shouldn't worry because this is still the easiest trade deal in history which can be completed over a cup of tea and is oven ready.

I would put 'I don't think so' to copy you but I think it's safe to assume you'll vote Tory regardless of whatever they do.

Maybe I should do a weekly 'what has the government ballsed up on' post. Might hit a word limit though most weeks.
CCFCJosh75

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:32 am

To be fair , I dont think Ive ever seen a poll from the Guardian or the Observer that had the conservatives being good at anything. The Guardian is the daily mail of the left wing.

I heard a report yesterday re the stats of deaths per capita and the UK was bad (including Scotland and Wales). Then someone mentioned that the strain of covid-19 in the UK was the same as Italy and New York - ie its the one with the most receptors on the cell - so spreads much more virulently than other strains with less receptor cells.

The politicians arent global pandemic experts - they rely on sage and the CMO / CSO for the data. However - again they have the data then they form an opinion. Others outside of sage have seen the same data and formed other opinions.

So to a degree politicians are damned if they do and damned if they dont
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:57 am

Whistler wrote:Whilst I am no great fan of Welsh Labour. It has been proven that the outcomes of Covid in Wales have been far better than that of England based on the size of the population. Maybe Drakeford's approach of slowly slowly was the best way. Boris seems to be adopting the Trump gungho approach for which our cousins on the other side of Offer's Dyke are having to suffer the effects of Boris Mania :old:

To do nothing but wait and see is always better than doing something where corvid is concerned! But WG ministers are saying we dont know where corvid be in 3 or 4 months so we cannot open up pubs ect ect until we are sure no spike? Ffs a spike is 100% garaunteed no matter when you unlock people, its happening all over the world now even to countries not badly hit in 1st place... its the welsh employment and financial stability situation that we will suffer from the wait and do nothing approach :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:38 am

Wales done better than the rest of the UK? Here's the worst areas by total cases per 100k people in the UK...
Attachments
Screenshot_20200701-123303_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200701-123303_Chrome.jpg (377.99 KiB) Viewed 2858 times
jimmy_rat

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:22 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

I don't think so...

Announced a 'new deal' which works out to about a tenner a person a year (nothing for Wales though) and in most cases is less than what the Tories have cut. Has cut the affordable homes budget.

Appointed David frost as national security adviser.... A person with 0 experience and who was recently the CEO of the scotch whisky association.

Discovered that Boris would've found out that Russia was offering bounties to Taliban linked fighters to kill British troops all the way back in March.

Missed the deadline to extend brexit negotiations so no deal looks like it'll coincide with a second wave (excuse there for brexiteers when brexit is a shambles). We shouldn't worry because this is still the easiest trade deal in history which can be completed over a cup of tea and is oven ready.

I would put 'I don't think so' to copy you but I think it's safe to assume you'll vote Tory regardless of whatever they do.

Maybe I should do a weekly 'what has the government ballsed up on' post. Might hit a word limit though most weeks.

no mate I don't always vote Tory ,that's where we differ.. but Corbyn was about 8 steps to far, Kier seems to be no better , taking the knee I found pathetic and naïve .. the sort of person the Nazis found easy to recruit 80 odd years ago..
skidemin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Undoubtedly if starmer was in power boris would be ahead in polls Thats politics for you :old:

Yup, I agree. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:04 pm

skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

I don't think so...

no mate I don't always vote Tory ,that's where we differ.. but Corbyn was about 8 steps to far, Kier seems to be no better , taking the knee I found pathetic and naïve .. the sort of person the Nazis found easy to recruit 80 odd years ago..

Yes I agree mate. Be careful what you wish for would be my advice. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:13 pm

The mishandling of the virus crisis is perfect for Boris as it distracts from the mess that will be caused by Brexit. We are stuck with him for the next 4 years no matter how bad he is. Do you honestly think Dominic Cummings would still be in post if Boris didn’t have such a rock solid majority?

He can now blame any economic mess on COVID-19 instead of Brexit.

Although I was never in favour of Brexit, I was prepared to accept the democratic process and decision. But I can’t help thinking that there are lots of people out there who voted Conservative out there for the first time because they wanted Brexit, and now regret it as they have helped elect an incompetent Government who can do what the hell they like for the next 4 years. There are lots of people out there who have been conned and are too stupid to realise it.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 pm

skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

I don't think so...

Can the mods hire a German historian to do a Q&A on here please, hopefully it'll help stop the constant shite about Nazis being posted.
CCFCJosh75

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:03 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

I don't think so...

Can the mods hire a German historian to do a Q&A on here please, hopefully it'll help stop the constant shite about Nazis being posted.

shite ?..your saying the Nazis did not find it easy to convince the German public. ?
you really need to get away from seeing the word Nazi and then jumping to 101 assumptions mate.
you do not need a German historian just a grown up friend.
skidemin

Next

Return to General Chat