Cardiff step up chase for Moore as QPR switch attentions

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:20 pm

The Daily Mail report that Cardiff City have stepped up their chase for Wigan Athletic’s Kieffer Moore.

Cardiff are believed to be ready to match the £2.1m bids made by QPR and Millwall as they look to lure the Wales international to the capital.

Their interest could well prompt QPR to switch their attention to signing Jordan Hugill from West Ham following a successful loan.

The Hammers are interested in Eberechi Eze, which could well speed negotiations up.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff step up chase for Moore as QPR switch attentions

Postby glas » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:42 pm

He would be an asset for us.
Strong and holds the ball up to bring others into the game.
Good in the air to help out Morisson at set pieces. Everyone knows all our set plays are aimed at Morisson.

He can also chip in with goals.

Certainly an upgrade on Glatzel and Paterson. He also roughs up defenders and doesn't give them any peace.
Good buy at £2 million. Compare Glatzel £5.5m and Madine £6 million. No brainer as he will not be on high wages.
glas

Postby Paul Keevil » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Kieffer Moore and Lowe could be interesting acquisitions

Only thing that worries me, and I say this also living in Wigan, is that our last recruit from Wigan (Omar Bogle) hardly set the world alight.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:43 pm

I would like to see K Moore here but it does surprise me we are going in for him.

If this is true then I would say we will be getting rid of a striker. i cant see it being Glatzel which leaves Ward and Vassell. I dont want to see Ward go but I cant see it being Vassell.
Bakedalasker

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Good news if true. Hopefully Neil has spotted that Glatzel isn't a championship striker. Its not about effort or talent he just isn't physically up to it in terms of general athleticism, he is neither strong or quick enough.

Not sure I am a fan of Moore but he is very good at what he does and I doubt he is any slower or has a worse first touch than Glatzel. He'll pin the centre halfs and give another target at set plays, we just need to find someone who can deliver the ball with accuracy and pace, the only player capable of that is Tomlin who waits just outside the box for the 20 yard screamer or Josh who just doesn't play.

Would love to keep Danny and lose Glatzel, Vassell or Paterson (whats his championship position)
llan bluebird

Postby Crayfish » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:16 pm

Was a bit dubious about him when we first tried to sign him but he has scored a few goals for Wigan since then and has had a decent scoring record in the last few season. Maybe a bit of a late developer. The question always in cases like this is is he better than what we have got and I would have to say definitely yes. I would start him ahead of Glatzel Ward and Patterson. Two million is not a bad price considering we wanted six million on Madine.

I would think that if we do sign him we should lower our expectations of silky smooth Barecelona style football next season.
Crayfish

Postby maccydee » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:25 pm

Crayfish wrote:Was a bit dubious about him when we first tried to sign him but he has scored a few goals for Wigan since then and has had a decent scoring record in the last few season. Maybe a bit of a late developer. The question always in cases like this is is he better than what we have got and I would have to say definitely yes. I would start him ahead of Glatzel Ward and Patterson. Two million is not a bad price considering we wanted six million on Madine.

I would think that if we do sign him we should lower our expectations of silky smooth Barecelona style football next season.

He plays up top for wales and the style wales play is pretty decent.
maccydee

Postby phildavies » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I would like to see K Moore here but it does surprise me we are going in for him.

If this is true then I would say we will be getting rid of a striker. i cant see it being Glatzel which leaves Ward and Vassell. I dont want to see Ward go but I cant see it being Vassell.

Wards out of contract so will be gone. Vassell will be with us until his contract runs up likely as nobody is going to buy a player with his injury record. That is unless he agreed to a release his contract but given he’s gaurenteed wages for doing very little that’s a doubt.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Sven » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Back to the Future with Marty McFly...

We tried to sign Moore last summer but for some reason it didn't come off

Not convinced but after the Harris appointment what do I know, so bring him on...! :lol: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby kimble » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Where is Lowe coming FROM?
kimble

Postby Paul Keevil » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Sorry re Lowe - just rumours up here
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I would like to see K Moore here but it does surprise me we are going in for him.

Let's hope so ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Crayfish » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:45 am

No more eloquent case for getting Moore in than Glatzels performance in the two playoff games. Unable to hold the ball up useless in the air he total contribution to the two games was one tame weak shot straight at the keeper and another shot over the bar which if in would almost certainly got us to extra time. He makes Keifer Moore look like Pele.

Time for a damage limitation excercise in the case of Glatzel we probably could not sell him for much given current conditions but maybe if we loaned him to a European club he might do better in the less physical type of football than in the championship score a few goals and we might be able to sell him for money.

If Glatzel is still with us next season we will need him to be our third choice striker.
Crayfish

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:09 pm

Preston do want Wigan Athletic striker Kieffer Moore – but he has his heart set on joining Cardiff City.

It’s claimed that Moore held talks with Millwall this week, after they had a £2million bid accepted for the giant target man.

However, Millwall think he prefers a move to Cardiff. Bluebirds boss Neil Harris twice wanted to sign him at Millwall, and now wants him at Cardiff.

Moore allegedly now has his heart set on a move to South Wales, which maybe isn’t a huge surprise; Moore is now a Wales international with two goals in five caps.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Escott1927 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:19 pm

He would definitely improve the team. He’s more suited to this league and how we play than Glatzel, and he mixes it up like Paterson but is a natural centre forward. I just hope we won’t revert back to just lumping it long every time if he was to join.
Escott1927

Postby phildavies » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:58 am

Can’t wait for Glatzel to make a lot on here look like fools next season. Ridiculous how much he gets slated. Moore however would be a good upgrade on Danny Ward though striker shouldn’t be our priority. RB needs to get sorted first (how many seasons now have managers neglected that?) we also need another number 10 to challenge Tomlin and a mobile CM as Pack simple cant play in our system as he is far to slow.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 am

One hour ago Wales online reporting keifer Moore sighning imminent... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:38 am

pembroke allan wrote:One hour ago Wales online reporting keifer Moore sighning imminent... :old:

A good addition to the squad if true
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:43 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:One hour ago Wales online reporting keifer Moore sighning imminent... :old:

Yes but where does that leave glatzel? Cant play both as very similar and Harris doesn't set up for two up top from start! Patterson will be gone along with bogle
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes but where does that leave glatzel? Cant play both as very similar and Harris doesn't set up for two up top from start! Patterson will be gone along with bogle

Horses for courses maybe?
Where we intend to play the game where a physical centre forward is needed or the type of game where we play it on the floor, we’d have cover for both. Also, either could be used as a plan B.
I think Paterson needs to be shipped out and I wouldn’t be surprised if Ward followed him if we signed Moore.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby piledriver64 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:57 pm

I’d agree with that,

Paterson’s time is up and if we get Moore he will be the first choice striker.

I still think Glatzel has something to offer but at Championship level he’s just not physical enough at the moment. Could be an option to play alongside Moore if we’re chasing the game mind.
piledriver64

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 pm

As i posted last transfer window - many moons ago now :roll: - NH tried to sign Moore while at Millwall ;)
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat