Dion Sanderson
Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Callum Paterson
Robert Glatzel

Re: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TONIGHT "

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Please prove me wrong tonight, but I can’t recall a game where Danny Ward has played well after starting the game. I just can’t see anything other than a Fulham 75% possession game and getting an easy draw with the line up tonight. And I’m always optimistic.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Aleksandar Mitrovic again not in the squad for Fulham

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Please prove me wrong tonight, but I can’t recall a game where Danny Ward has played well after starting the game. I just can’t see anything other than a Fulham 75% possession game and getting an easy draw with the line up tonight. And I’m always optimistic.

Half time 0-0 then go for it I’d say.

Not the team I would have picked but I am happy to be proven wrong :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

worcester_ccfc wrote:STARTING 11

Alex Smithies
Leandro Bacuna
Sean Morrison
Curtis Nelson
Joe Bennett
Marlon Pack
Will Vaulks
Joe Ralls
Junior Hoilett
Josh Murphy
Danny Ward

SUBSTITUTES

Neil Etheridge
Sol Bamba
Brad Smith
Dion Sanderson
Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Callum Paterson
Robert Glatzel

Hope I’m wrong, but I wouldn’t ov picked that team. I’d have played tomlin instead of pack, and let talks and vaulkes. But that’s me. Hope Harris proves me wrong

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Pack is beyond a joke TBH. Harris has got his selection and tactics wrong in the first game. Hopefully if we are still in the game long enough he won’t make such idiotic substitutions in this game.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:55 pm

Looks like Flint May have played his last game for us.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Flint not in the squad , looks like he's on his way!

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Trebanog bluebird wrote:

Alex Smithies
Leandro Bacuna
Sean Morrison
Curtis Nelson
Joe Bennett
Marlon Pack
Will Vaulks
Joe Ralls
Junior Hoilett
Josh Murphy
Danny Ward

SUBSTITUTES

Neil Etheridge
Sol Bamba
Brad Smith
Dion Sanderson
Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Callum Paterson
Robert Glatzel

Hope I’m wrong, but I wouldn’t ov picked that team. I’d have played tomlin instead of pack, and let talks and vaulkes. But that’s me. Hope Harris proves me wrong

Tomlin is struggling with fitness so wasn't expecting that him to start tonight, I don't think pack should be anywhere near the starting 11 for a must win game he slows the game down

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:04 pm

Apart from picking Pack I have no complaints with that selection. The trio of Glatzel, NML and Tomlin coming off the bench worked wonders when we first come back from lockdown. Praying for a miracle.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:07 pm

Big chance for Murphy needs to do something to justify his price tag

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:07 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Not the team I would have picked but I am happy to be proven wrong :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Same here - I don;t think they will be quaking in their boots at that line up. I guess its a tough balancing act and it is vital we don't concede first but for me Bacuna should be alongside Vaulks and Ralls in midfield not playing as a makeshift RB. I know Sanderson has struggled a bit lately but I would have played him. As for the strikers, well nobody is really firing, but we have had most of our best wins since the return with Paterson being a nuisance for an hour and then bringing on Glatzel, NML and Tomlin, so I am surprised and a bit worried to see Ward and Murphy start in a game where we need to be solid defensively too, so I would have started Hoilett for that reason alone instead of Murphy. Oh well, nick an early goal and it will all change. C'mon Bluebirds 0-2 and then win on pens...

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:10 pm

nojac wrote:Flint not in the squad , looks like he's on his way!

Not necessarily. 6 attacking subs if we need to chuck them all on. Haha.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Does Harris realise we're 2-0 down not 2-0 in front?

Can't see that team creating two goals whilst keeping Fulham out at the other end.

Will happily come back later on and call myself a tw*t if I'm proven wrong.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:35 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Trebanog bluebird wrote:

Alex Smithies
Leandro Bacuna
Sean Morrison
Curtis Nelson
Joe Bennett
Marlon Pack
Will Vaulks
Joe Ralls
Junior Hoilett
Josh Murphy
Danny Ward

SUBSTITUTES

Neil Etheridge
Sol Bamba
Brad Smith
Dion Sanderson
Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Callum Paterson
Robert Glatzel

Tomlin is struggling with fitness so wasn't expecting that him to start tonight, I don't think pack should be anywhere near the starting 11 for a must win game he slows the game down

People forgetting how much Tomlin has played of late, whilst still recovering from an injury...

Just glad to have him available and when the game starts getting a little stretched, he may be our ace up our (proverbial) sleeve

Watch now; judge later....! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: LEE TOMLIN? " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TONIGHT "

Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:37 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:34 pm

davids wrote:Does Harris realise we're 2-0 down not 2-0 in front?

Can't see that team creating two goals whilst keeping Fulham out at the other end.

Will happily come back later on and call myself a tw*t if I'm proven wrong.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ok - I'm a tw*t.

Still think that if the team that started the second half had started the first half we might be in the final now.

But well done to the whole squad and management team - you all did us proud tonight and especially since returning from the lockdown.