PROUD OF CARDIFF CITY & NEIL HARRIS TONIGHT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:43 pm

For me after losing 2-nil at home to Fulham in the first leg was really gave over against a club like Fulham who have spent multi millions of £‘S compared to Cardiff City.
Neil Harris has spent zero since taking over.

Tonight we not only matched Fulham, we actually at times outplayed them.

Very proud of Cardiff City tonight and especially NEIL HARRIS.

Roll on next season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
:thumbright: :bluebird:

Fulham 1 Cardiff City 2
(3-2)

We don’t go up, but we are go home very proud
Attachments
A24DBF42-7428-455A-900B-3BA54931057E.jpeg
A24DBF42-7428-455A-900B-3BA54931057E.jpeg (146.04 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
69B93CE4-9334-4623-AEAE-608913D9F5D2.jpeg
69B93CE4-9334-4623-AEAE-608913D9F5D2.jpeg (386.52 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: PROUD OF CARDIFF CITY & NEIL HARRIS TONIGHT

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:45 pm

Yes annis there is hope now that harris can get in players he wants and needs to get us up :bluescarf:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:47 pm

100% Annis.

Very proud of Cardiff City and Neil Harris :thumbright:

I doubt he will be backed by the club in the transfer market, which is a shame because he has done a great job with no money.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:47 pm

Very proud of them.

One dive away from beating them. Dirty horrible football club Fulham is. Anti football at its finest. Hope Brentford stuff them.
jimmy_rat

Postby Big Hill Blue » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:47 pm

since he arrived i have been really pleased with the turnaround in our style and unity.

Bring on next season

Onwards and upwards !!

Cmon City
Big Hill Blue

Postby danielrees17 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Amazing effort tonight, we go again next season :ayatollah:
On a side note cmon brentford and stuff them b*stards
danielrees17

Postby BLUEUSA » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:49 pm

Both commentators in the link to the USA tonight said Cardiff were the better team and, unfortunately, the loss of Lee Tom;in was a huge blow. Congratulations to Fulham but I think that Brentford will win the final.
BLUEUSA

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:49 pm

Yup, proud is the word.Roll on next season.
Sneggyblubird

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:49 pm

Really well played in the second half, making the right subs at the right times again. Real shame Tomlin came off, but we gave it a good go and judging on the form since Harris has taken over, we can hopefully look forward to a good season next year! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
JasonFowler1991

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:100% Annis.

I doubt he will be backed by the club in the transfer market, which is a shame because he has done a great job with no money.

Do you really expect backing after all we have gone through?
I can't see many clubs backing their managers much in these tough times.
Jasonccfc

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For me after losing 2-nil at home to Fulham in the first leg was really gave over against a club like Fulham who have spent multi millions of £‘S compared to Cardiff City.
Neil Harris has spent zero since taking over.

Tonight we not only matched Fulham, we actually at times outplayed them.

Very proud of Cardiff City tonight and especially NEIL HARRIS.

Roll on next season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
:thumbright: :bluebird:

Fulham 1 Cardiff City 2
(3-2)

We don’t go up, but we are go home very proud

Spot on.
I'm proud of Harris and the team tonight. :ayatollah:
Jasonccfc

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Everyone associated with Cardiff City should feel proud tonight.

We will give it a good go next season and teams are now saying we’ve got to play them next season. Enjoy the break everyone and let’s go again on 12th Sept.
Pulisnewport

Postby theclaw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:59 pm

Cardiff City did themselves proud tonite and we’re unlucky.Neil Harris has done magnificent since he came here.Plenty of optimism for next year.
theclaw

Postby warnocksbarmyarmy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:01 pm

So proud of the boys and Neil Harris tonight. I have to admit I didn’t want him but he has really proved me wrong. As soon as tomlin went off I think we all knew that bit of magic wasn’t going to happen but we kept fighting and gave it everything. Great effort from the lads. Incredibly proud of the performance.
warnocksbarmyarmy

Postby RageJon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Thank you Neil you exceeded expectations from the time you came here

Fought to the end and that's what matters to us :ayatollah:
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby theclaw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:100% Annis.

For gods our season is barely 10 minutes over and your having a cheap dig at our club.
theclaw

Postby bluebird04 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:05 pm

Don't understand how you can say compared to Fulham spending millions to Neil Harris spending nothing since taking over... We had blown a shit load of money on the squad in the summer. The millions they spent were clearly done well as they are in a final and the money we blew wasn't good enough.

The fact that we were all were delighted we actually made the play offs after the money we spent shows something needs to change in our transfer committee. Think warnocks transfers were shambolic. We had our best box to box midfielder play right back because we don't have one. (loan player not included)
bluebird04

Postby Humphrey » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Well, Cardiff have at least games against the swans.
Very tough championship next season.
Bournemouth , Norwich and possibly notts forest challenging for autos, possibly either Brentford or Fulham as well. Not forgetting Watford. Can Cardiff get into the top 6, difficult. Blues done their best this season.
Humphrey

Postby Charlie Harper » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:12 pm

Proud of the club tonight but cant help feel the tie was lost at home by conceding the second goal.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:16 pm

bluebird04 wrote:Don't understand how you can say compared to Fulham spending millions to Neil Harris spending nothing since taking over... We had blown a shit load of money on the squad in the summer. The millions they spent were clearly done well as they are in a final and the money we blew wasn't good enough.

The fact that we were all were delighted we actually made the play offs after the money we spent shows something needs to change in our transfer committee. Think warnocks transfers were shambolic. We had our best box to box midfielder play right back because we don't have one. (loan player not included)

They haven't won the final yet
CF23 Bluebird

Postby D.A.C. » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:21 pm

Really proud of the lads. Superb effort tonight we were in it right until the end which is all I hoped for at the start of the night and with a bit more luck we could've easily got through.

I must give credit to Harris. When he took the job I was very underwhelmed and thought he was just a lap dog for Vinny but you can see he learns from his mistakes and he comes up with different ways of playing. The style of football is direct but he allows players to express themselves and it's nice to see us playing on the deck. So I'm happy to admit I was wrong on that one.

I'm really looking forward to next season now and let's be honest we would've had to spend alot of money to stay up which was never going to happen. All we need is a 15-20 goal a season striker and we'll be challenging for automatic next season.
D.A.C.

Postby brickyblue » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:21 pm

Thought the same exactly very proud to be a cardiff fan tonight huge effort by the lads.
Lost it in one half at home but no sour grapes from me amazing effort .
Look out next season get a 15 20 goal a season forward in and a right back and fee additions and we be a side next season.
Well done tonight all we ask is 100% and we got it all over the park .
Very proud :bluescarf:
brickyblue

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:22 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Proud of the club tonight but cant help feel the tie was lost at home by conceding the second goal.

Yes the boys gave there all tonight but that last minute free kick did us at home in the first leg!
HarriRhys22

Postby Bushy Eyebrows » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 pm

I'm super proud of the teams and management tonight innit till the finish. Let's hope we can sign a decent striker right back cover and who leaves I dont care tbh. Rebuild now with our heads held high.
BLUEBIRDS
Bushy Eyebrows

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Proud of the club tonight but cant help feel the tie was lost at home by conceding the second goal.

Agree that 2nd goal was key - But we can be proud of the effort to get into the top 6 and ready for next season :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Simplesimon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:14 pm

I enjoyed that tonight. I’ve enjoyed most of the games since Neil Harris has been with us. You could see from the off he has wanted to play the ball on the floor more and play more through Tomlin. He has taken what NW put in place and built on it, allowing the same squad of players a bit more freedom and expression. I’m looking forward to next season and looking forward to watching us gradually play a more passing style of football. Hopefully a few clubs will have a bit more confidence in loaning us the youngsters like Sanderson. Gutted for Tomlin tonight, thought he was going to burst into tears. He loves playing, and wanted the win so much. Speedy recovery Lee, it’s been a pleasure watching you this season :notworthy:
Simplesimon

Postby thomasblue » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 pm

Question is , is he capable of taking us to the next step ?

Hes done OK for his first season with a very good squad and hit the target he was set in getting to the play offs. We were unsuccessful but that happens against another very good side in Fulham.
Now he has to show his management skill and make that squad automatic contenders next season . The squad is nearly there only needing one or two tweeks and some good management which he has shown he possesses tonight. To take us up he needs to show that consistently over a season.

Overall he has done a lot better than most expected
thomasblue

Postby NPCF3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:13 pm

thomasblue wrote:Question is , is he capable of taking us to the next step ?

Hes done OK for his first season with a very good squad and hit the target he was set in getting to the play offs. We were unsuccessful but that happens against another very good side in Fulham.
Now he has to show his management skill and make that squad automatic contenders next season . The squad is nearly there only needing one or two tweeks and some good management which he has shown he possesses tonight. To take us up he needs to show that consistently over a season.

Very harsh critique. Only OK? Scott Parker wouldn't have got this side anywhere near 73 points. His side who apparently play the best football in the Championship/World scored 4 less goals than us, despite having the legendary Mitrovic and a mass of high earning players and expensive Premier League loans...

I said after the first game of the season we were heading for a mid-table slog. Warnock got the blend all wrong this season. Harris near enough got the maximum out of the group of players at his disposal. He picked them up from the set-backs they were clearly going to face and in my opinion made some good loan signings.

We don't know how the Summer will pan out, I think he'll be telling the lads Top 2 next season and he knows this club is bare minimum top 6 otherwise failure. We should have a stable squad next season and I believe Harris will entice 2 or 3 top young loan signings to complement the squad.
NPCF3

Postby Stock1927 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Well done Harris - youve turned our team around!! Great effort tonight roll on next season - hope Tomlin can get fit & stay fit!!
Stock1927

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:17 am

NPCF3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Question is , is he capable of taking us to the next step ?

Very harsh critique. Only OK? Scott Parker wouldn't have got this side anywhere near 73 points. His side who apparently play the best football in the Championship/World scored 4 less goals than us, despite having the legendary Mitrovic and a mass of high earning players and expensive Premier League loans...

I said after the first game of the season we were heading for a mid-table slog. Warnock got the blend all wrong this season. Harris near enough got the maximum out of the group of players at his disposal. He picked them up from the set-backs they were clearly going to face and in my opinion made some good loan signings.

We don't know how the Summer will pan out, I think he'll be telling the lads Top 2 next season and he knows this club is bare minimum top 6 otherwise failure. We should have a stable squad next season and I believe Harris will entice 2 or 3 top young loan signings to complement the squad.

Its not harsh its just the truth, the job he has done so far is OK. He can turn that into a brilliant job next aeason by putting us back into automatic contention. Hes getting a lot of praise when I reality he is only half way through his project. At the moment he is doing OK and he's showing fans they were wrong about him at the start

I think you just underestimated the squad . Its a very good squad and top 6 was the minimum goal.

He hit his hoal so he has done his job well. Personally I think its a bit of a missed opportunity as if he had started the season we could have got top 2.
thomasblue

Next

Return to General Chat