Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Six Weeks "

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:00 pm

Just six weeks to go until the new Sky Bet Championship season.

After tonight's performance, and the way we've played since Neil Harris to charge, I can't wait :ayatollah:

Sky Bet Championship 2020/21

Brentford or Fulham

AFC Bournemouth

Barnsley

Birmingham City

Blackburn Rovers

Bristol City

Cardiff City

Coventry City

Derby County

Huddersfield Town

Luton Town

Norwich City

Nottingham Forest

Middlesbrough

Millwall

Preston North End

QPR

Reading

Rotherham United

Sheffield Wednesday

Swansea City

Stoke City

Watford

Wycombe Wanderers

Re: " Six Weeks "

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:13 pm

Will be another rollercoaster and one I can’t wait to experience

Some decent new teams coming up Coventry and Wycombe will be class games

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:14 pm

So what will that be-2 weeks downtime and a month pre season?I'm hoping business is done early and we can hit the ground running.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:16 pm

One or two changes and fancy us to do that league. :bluebird:

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Confidence for next season is growing by the day and a few additions to this squad will see us up and challenging again...

Well done, Bluebirds; you did yourselves (and us) proud! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Going up as champions lads. Only team I fear is Boro.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:26 pm

Out of the sides coming down I only fancy Norwich to be in the top 6. I think both Bournemouth and Watford will lose players and need to regroup next season before pushing in 2 years time.

Out of Fulham and Brentford I would like Fulham to go up - losing another side who could cause us problems next season

If Brentford stay in the Championship they might lose their star striker and perhaps be a more mediocre team next year.

It does look a relatively weaker Championship and we could be in with a good shout next season!

We just need someone who is a guaranteed Goalscorer!

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 pm

Such a tough league next year

Any one of 8 teams could feasibly win it and probably any 6 of 12 for the play offs.

It will be tight all the way, personally if Watford keep all the players and get a decent .anager they should probably be favourites

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:53 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:So what will that be-2 weeks downtime and a month pre season?I'm hoping business is done early and we can hit the ground running.

Likewise :bluebird:

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:20 pm

thomasblue wrote:Such a tough league next year

Any one of 8 teams could feasibly win it and probably any 6 of 12 for the play offs.

It will be tight all the way, personally if Watford keep all the players and get a decent .anager they should probably be favourites

i agree about Watford, and Bournemouths backer who spent a fortune last time has already said he is totally committed to getting them back up.. and there are a few who under achieved this season be looking to push on..

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Out of the sides coming down I only fancy Norwich to be in the top 6. I think both Bournemouth and Watford will lose players and need to regroup next season before pushing in 2 years time.

Out of Fulham and Brentford I would like Fulham to go up - losing another side who could cause us problems next season

If Brentford stay in the Championship they might lose their star striker and perhaps be a more mediocre team next year.

It does look a relatively weaker Championship and we could be in with a good shout next season!

We just need someone who is a guaranteed Goalscorer!

I don't get the relatively weaker bit? For me the championship is the most unpredictable league of them all.if Harris can strengthen the backbone of his team,I believe we can achieve the play offs again,maybe even push for auto place. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:51 am

Maybe not everyone agrees with me about the Championship being weaker next season. Nice thing about a forum its open to differing opinions on a friendly basis :)

My reasoning was that 3 teams coming down are not massive teams. I would have been worried about West Ham or maybe Villa but we should be able to hold our own against each of them.

Weve lost Leeds and WBA and one of Fulham/Brentford. All 4 of those teams (over 38 games) were well above anything else in the division - and had quality strikers

Im not saying next season the Championship will be easy. What I am saying is that next season I believe we have an opportunity to get promoted automatically should we choose to take it.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 am

6 weeks to get a Right back, a 10 who can create and a striker.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:59 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Maybe not everyone agrees with me about the Championship being weaker next season. Nice thing about a forum its open to differing opinions on a friendly basis :)

My reasoning was that 3 teams coming down are not massive teams. I would have been worried about West Ham or maybe Villa but we should be able to hold our own against each of them.

Weve lost Leeds and WBA and one of Fulham/Brentford. All 4 of those teams (over 38 games) were well above anything else in the division - and had quality strikers

Im not saying next season the Championship will be easy. What I am saying is that next season I believe we have an opportunity to get promoted automatically should we choose to take it.

Exactly this.... Although Ake is rumoured to be already on his way from Bournemouth, I think they’re best equipped for dropping down to the championship.

If the fee for Ake is the quoted £40 million then that’ll go a hell of a long way to balancing their books.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:21 pm

Let’s wait and see who everybody brings in/sells but as always with our squad the minimum we should be finishing is in the playoffs. Expect Stoke to be in them this year too. Be intresting to see what happens with the relegated prem teams squads before the start of the season.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:33 pm

The worrying problem now is, probably No crowds till next year.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:57 pm

6 weeks to get a rb, striker, Cm and a winger to go into the starting 11. Easy.