" Least enthusiastic celebrations ever? "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Couldn't believe it at the final whistle, Fulham's body language was as if they hadn't gone through to the final.

I get that they lost the game but they've just sealed a place at Wembley and seemed ridiculously downbeat about it.

Then I listened to Scott Parker being interviewed by Sky Sports and he sounded like they'd just been relegated or something.

I think and expect Brentford to beat them on Tuesday.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Least enthusiastic celebrations ever? "

Postby WestCoastBlue » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:34 pm

Hector had an interesting comment at FT. Along the lines of “well anything can happen At Wembley” I took that to mean they consider themselves the underdogs against Brentford.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Danny Says » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:41 pm

Brentford should tear them to bits and wipe that grin off that git Parker’s gob.
Danny Says

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:42 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Hector had an interesting comment at FT. Along the lines of “well anything can happen At Wembley” I took that to mean they consider themselves the underdogs against Brentford.

Brentford seem to have a great team spirit. Players playing for the shirt. And an enthusiastic manager.

Compare that to Fulham. A bunch of mercenaries. Playing for a London wage at a pretend football club. With the least enthusiastic manager in the league.

Brentford 3-0
jimmy_rat

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 pm

I think they are fully aware of their weaknesses, and put on a frail performance toward the end tonight. It’s pressure I guess..
rumpo kid

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 pm

rumpo kid wrote:I think they are fully aware of their weaknesses, and put on a frail performance toward the end tonight. It’s pressure I guess..

Defending against teams who come at them is one of their weaknesses, and attacking is a massive strength of Brentford, c'mon the bees (is it their season,to be favoured,being a London club,with a new stadium too ;) :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:55 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Couldn't believe it at the final whistle, Fulham's body language was as if they hadn't gone through to the final.

I get that they lost the game but they've just sealed a place at Wembley and seemed ridiculously downbeat about it.

Then I listened to Scott Parker being interviewed by Sky Sports and he sounded like they'd just been relegated or something.

I think they may have learned after their over-celebrations at our place on Monday!

We never know in the Championship Play Offs; but I'm gunning for Brentford now and have them as favourites!
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:25 am

Ive never seen a manager play with his hair as much as Parker, i mean Jesus give it aa rest you vain tw*t. Also all pressure on Fulham as fans expected top 2 with a rich assembled squad, and im sure FFP will be breathing down their necks too. Brentford however will continue to do what they do if they dont go up and sell 1 player, probably Benrahma, replace him and go again.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Crayfish » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:55 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Couldn't believe it at the final whistle, Fulham's body language was as if they hadn't gone through to the final.

Or was it just because they realised it was only job half done and they have achieved nothing yet. Maybe there is a lot to be said for only celebrating when the job is actually done.
Crayfish

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:55 am

Crayfish wrote:

Or was it just because they realised it was only job half done and they have achieved nothing yet. Maybe there is a lot to be said for only celebrating when the job is actually done.

i agree about half jobs ,remember the Stoke game at home it was like we only had to turn up.. followed by that idiot Ali at Wembley years later, god i wish they hadnt allowed him the mike, did holloways team talk for him... but Fulham looked more deflated than reserved last night, i think had we got level they might have folded.. we will never know though..
skidemin

Return to General Chat