" SEAN MORRISON: GUTTED BUT PROUD "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 pm

Cardiff City FC

Sean Morrison spoke of his pride after the Bluebirds' Play-Off Semi-Final second leg against Fulham.
City won 2-1 on the night at Craven Cottage but fell just short of progressing on aggregate. Nevertheless, the skipper underlined that it was certainly through no lack of effort and determination.

"We spoke about leaving nothing out there and giving absolutely everything," he began. "I think anyone that watched the game tonight saw that.

"On another night, we could have scored another one. We had a couple of good chances and the 'keeper made some good saves.

"We're absolutely gutted but very, very proud of the management, players and everyone involved.

"To come from where we were to get into the Play-Offs and give such a good account of ourselves, we should be proud."

The belief and character that has long been associated with this City team very nearly saw them complete an unprecedented Play-Off comeback.

Indeed, as Moz continued, the Bluebirds never quite know when to give up.

"As a Cardiff City team, you never say die," he said. "We've done that all season – we've been down in games before and come back.

"Tonight even with a two-goal deficit, we always believed we were capable of turning it around. We fell just short but, overall, I'm just so proud of this bunch of lads."

The captain finished by revealing how Neil Harris and his men reflected post-match, with plenty of positive signs for the future.

"It was hugely positive," he added. "It's hard not to be I suppose, after watching your team put everything into a game.

"We've had an extremely tough few months, getting fit on our own, coming back to a mini pre-season and then playing so many games.

"To get our bodies right, mentally prepare and produce such good performances over that period...

"We're devastated, but very proud, and hopefully next year we can go a couple better."
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " SEAN MORRISON: GUTTED BUT PROUD "

Postby fred keenor » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:58 am

As good a captain as I have seen in the blue shirt, Nelson alongside has surely helped him as well.
fred keenor

Return to General Chat