Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our best shot

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:18 am

I don’t post much but just my honest opinion...
We gave it our best shot tonight against a very strong side in all departments. Probably should have started Tomlin but for whatever reason that wasn’t the case. We took it right to the final whistle, and from a 2-0 deficit, I think that’s the best we could ask for!
Looking forward to next season, we’ve got something to build on here after a transition period. Starting to feel excited again as a City fan. Is that not all we can ever ask for? Hate to see negativity on this forum after we’ve achieved above and beyond what anyone would have expected when someone took over from Warnock.
We’ll go again! Bluebirds!!

Re: Our best shot

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:29 am

Also want to add that I’ve not actually seen much negativity on here at all tonight which is refreshing! Just referring to previous scenarios...

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:34 am

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:Also want to add that I’ve not actually seen much negativity on here at all tonight which is refreshing! Just referring to previous scenarios...

I agree; it has been refreshing :thumbup:

The Bluebirds put in a fantastic effort away to Fulham and almost came up with the goods, which in itself would have been a first in the Championship Play Offs

I have a good feeling for next season and I think the Play Offs should be the minimum target! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:18 am

Monday night was an awful performance hence the negativity. Last night was the opposite hence the positivity. Thats a football forum for you.

Over the season its been the same. A bad patch and people get frustrated. A good patch and everyone is happy. We fell apart at the start but managed to pick ourselves up. We left ourselves too much to do. Without the bad start we might be back in the Premier. Come the new season if we get off to a better start well you never know. Hence why most are feeling good about the up coming season.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:08 am

They gave everything couldnt ask for any more. With some bright young additions we go again next season. Top 6 should be the target again.