I Think Glatzel will shine next season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bonner » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:48 am

I think working with Harris will do wonders for him, Harris will give him the confidence, Glatzel effort at the end was one of those ones that either go in for a wonder goal or just misses.. he had to hit it first time.
Bonner

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I Think Glatzel will shine next season

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:08 am

Bonner wrote:I think working with Harris will do wonders for him, Harris will give him the confidence, Glatzel effort at the end was one of those ones that either go in for a wonder goal or just misses.. he had to hit it first time.

I agree mate. Tbf he did well to connect with with that late chance as it could have gone anywhere.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Bluewolf » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:41 am

I think he has all the abilities to be a top end championship striker I’d like him to be paired with Kieffer moore
Bluewolf

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:46 am

Lot of fans negative about him but before harris came he hardly got a game never mind a run in team no wonder he looks lost at times, but since restart he as improved way he plays and given Harris thinks hes got lot more to give let's hope he gets a run of games next season... we haven't done to bad without a 15/20 goal striker several chipping in with 8 goals (glatzel) as well! it bodes well for next season with you hope new additions to further more change way we play which can help glatzel and other forwards...:old:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:11 am

car washer ?
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:29 am

pembroke allan wrote:Lot of fans negative about him but before harris came he hardly got a game never mind a run in team no wonder he looks lost at times, but since restart he as improved way he plays and given Harris thinks hes got lot more to give let's hope he gets a run of games next season... we haven't done to bad without a 15/20 goal striker several chipping in with 8 goals (glatzel) as well! it bodes well for next season with you hope new additions to further more change way we play which can help glatzel and other forwards...:old:

hardly got a game ? apart from he started 11 out of Warnocks 16 in charge and 12 out of Harris 30 games in charge, plus 2 runs longer than Harris gave him.. useless then and useless now.. clock running down last night and he keeps giving cheap free kicks away .but its ok he had a shot.
skidemin

Postby davids » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:22 am

Not strong enough for me and, like Ken Zohore before him, is absolutely no threat in the air despite how tall he is.

Hopefully he'll be better for the experience he's gained this year but can he be the 20 goal striker everyone is looking for?

Can't see it myself but more than happy for him to prove me wrong.
davids

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:35 am

Hes a very basic championship striker , not good enough for a automatic chasing team.

The easiest way to look at it is by working out how many strikers in this league would you choose before him if you had a choice of any ?

I would guess at least 15.

No matter how much people want him to be successful he just won't be, it wouldn't suprise me if he's sold this window back to Germany.
thomasblue

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:23 pm

thomasblue wrote:Hes a very basic championship striker , not good enough for a automatic chasing team.

The easiest way to look at it is by working out how many strikers in this league would you choose before him if you had a choice of any ?

No matter how much people want him to be successful he just won't be, it wouldn't suprise me if he's sold this window back to Germany.

i made no comment for his first 10 games... but it was evident early on that we looked better when he had been hooked off...he offers very little.. pretty clear Harris spotted the weaknesses and has worked on the physical side of his game which has resulted { like last night } in him trying hard but just giving cheap free kicks away... im preying your right about Germany as i think he cost us quite a few points early doors when Warnock seemed to feel obliged to play him.. i dont really care if we get a 15 goal a season striker , just someone that knows what he is doing...
skidemin

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:18 pm

When the ball is played along the floor, I've been really impressed with Glatzel. Particularly when him, Tomlin and Mendez Laing play together.

When we revert to hoof ball, he becomes useless for me. Similar to Jay Bothroyd.
JasonFowler1991

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:40 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:When the ball is played along the floor, I've been really impressed with Glatzel. Particularly when him, Tomlin and Mendez Laing play together.

When we revert to hoof ball, he becomes useless for me. Similar to Jay Bothroyd.

Jay wasnt useless in the air
skidemin

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm

Let me just say, Harris has said that Glatzel is one of the best finishers that he has ever worked with, so I would rather believe him than any computer football managers. :laughing6:
Ps I really think he will be excellent after his first season, we will soon find out after 12th. September :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Hes a very basic championship striker , not good enough for a automatic chasing team.

i made no comment for his first 10 games... but it was evident early on that we looked better when he had been hooked off...he offers very little.. pretty clear Harris spotted the weaknesses and has worked on the physical side of his game which has resulted { like last night } in him trying hard but just giving cheap free kicks away... im preying your right about Germany as i think he cost us quite a few points early doors when Warnock seemed to feel obliged to play him.. i dont really care if we get a 15 goal a season striker , just someone that knows what he is doing...

Dont care dont have a goalscorer strange comment! Why do everyone cry out for a 15/20 striker? We wont get promoted without a 15 goal striker as we'll draw lots games could have won! And draws is what cost us this season. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Igovernor wrote:Let me just say, Harris has said that Glatzel is one of the best finishers that he has ever worked with, so I would rather believe him than any computer football managers. :laughing6:
Ps I really think he will be excellent after his first season, we will soon find out after 12th. September :thumbup:

He may well be , but its pointless if he doesn't get into positions to show it.
He also say the same about Steve Morrison at Millwall
thomasblue

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Dont care dont have a goalscorer strange comment! Why do everyone cry out for a 15/20 striker? We wont get promoted without a 15 goal striker as we'll draw lots games could have won! And draws is what cost us this season. :thumbup:

everyone ? well we have been promoted twice without one as have many clubs... whats really strange is some people still do not understand there is more than one way to play. and the club winning is about 10 zillion times more important than who actually scores the goal..
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:51 pm

Igovernor wrote:Let me just say, Harris has said that Glatzel is one of the best finishers that he has ever worked with, so I would rather believe him than any computer football managers. :laughing6:

managers say stuff , he didnt stop bigging jazz up but where is he now ? and NW made that van dyke comparison to Sol...
anyway if he is so convinced why has he only started in 12 out of his 30 games in charge. ?
skidemin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:29 pm

skidemin wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:When the ball is played along the floor, I've been really impressed with Glatzel. Particularly when him, Tomlin and Mendez Laing play together.

He provided lots of accurate flick ins for Chopra and he knocked in a few crosses with his head too if I remember correctly.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:03 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

He provided lots of accurate flick ins for Chopra and he knocked in a few crosses with his head too if I remember correctly.

yes mate ,he was underneath anything that went long from the keeper and won far more than he lost..
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:11 pm

Glatzel is great at controlling the ball at his feet. The problem is he has no idea what to do with it once he has it and it normally either goes back to midfield who then have no outlet because he doesn't move or he loses it.
thomasblue

Postby Charlie Harper » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:25 pm

I think Glatzel has a good footballing brain and has improved greatly since Harris has been here. He isn't the finished player yet and at £5.5M was a good buy I believe, especially as we got £8M for Zohore.
Its difficult for a player to move country and settle in straight away with no family here as was reported.

With a season behind him I think he will get 15 goals next season and make some fans eat their words.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:05 pm

Bluewolf wrote:I think he has all the abilities to be a top end championship striker I’d like him to be paired with Kieffer moore

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:17 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yes and spent more time on his backside appealing than grealish does.... :D
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:37 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:I think Glatzel has a good footballing brain and has improved greatly since Harris has been here. He isn't the finished player yet and at £5.5M was a good buy I believe, especially as we got £8M for Zohore.
Its difficult for a player to move country and settle in straight away with no family here as was reported.

With a season behind him I think he will get 15 goals next season and make some fans eat their words.

Having read the posts on Glatzel, yours is the one I agree with the mksg :thumbup: warnock even admitted it may take him a while to settle,what with coming to a different country,with no family at the beginning,settling in with teammates, learning on the go about this tough division,and the physicality of it,then being used as a lone front man, expected to get onto any long and usually in the air balls!! For me it's a shame their won't be a pre season as such,for him to continue his improved form,but I'm with you,he may just come back and haunt a few on here. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby skidemin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yes and spent more time on his backside appealing than grealish does.... :D

yes...exactly like Grealish . good players get fouled...
skidemin

Postby JulesK » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:36 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:I think Glatzel has a good footballing brain and has improved greatly since Harris has been here. He isn't the finished player yet and at £5.5M was a good buy I believe, especially as we got £8M for Zohore.

Having read the posts on Glatzel, yours is the one I agree with the mksg :thumbup: warnock even admitted it may take him a while to settle,what with coming to a different country,with no family at the beginning,settling in with teammates, learning on the go about this tough division,and the physicality of it,then being used as a lone front man, expected to get onto any long and usually in the air balls!! For me it's a shame their won't be a pre season as such,for him to continue his improved form,but I'm with you,he may just come back and haunt a few on here. :old: :bluebird:

Nail on head :thumbup: Also don't forget that this virus shite has stopped any family and friends visiting, doesn't really matter as the usual suspects will slate him if he hits 25 goals!!!
We bought a striker who spent most of his first season waiting for a ball to drop from 30,000 feet!! Give him a chance FFS or have some already decided he is going to be next season's whipping boy?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:49 am

JulesK wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Nail on head :thumbup: Also don't forget that this virus shite has stopped any family and friends visiting, doesn't really matter as the usual suspects will slate him if he hits 25 goals!!!
We bought a striker who spent most of his first season waiting for a ball to drop from 30,000 feet!! Give him a chance FFS or have some already decided he is going to be next season's whipping boy?

Well theres 3 of us who see a player in Glatzel :thumbup:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am

Charlie Harper wrote:
JulesK wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Well theres 3 of us who see a player in Glatzel :thumbup:

Make that 4 :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:04 pm

With it looking increasingly likely that Kieffer Moore is coming in, I'm not sure Glatzel will start as many games.

I said it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again. I feel a bit sorry for Glatzel because he's really not suited or built for football in the UK.

He could go and play in Europe, perhaps back in Germany, and do very well.

Saying that, I can't see him leaving unless we can bring in at least one other striker in addition to Moore.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:With it looking increasingly likely that Kieffer Moore is coming in, I'm not sure Glatzel will start as many games.

I said it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again. I feel a bit sorry for Glatzel because he's really not suited or built for football in the UK.

He could go and play in Europe, perhaps back in Germany, and do very well.

Saying that, I can't see him leaving unless we can bring in at least one other striker in addition to Moore.

I see your point and sort of agree but I do see that RG could be effective as a sub.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby phildavies » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

As I have said elsewhere Glatzel will make a lot on here look like fools. Very talented player and if we sign Moore then we have two good options with either capable of changing the game from the bench when the other starts.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Next

Return to General Chat