Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

One for the stattos

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:13 pm

Before last night, when was the last time a Cardiff City first team played a competitive fixture on a Thursday night?

I don't know the answer by the way - in my almost 50 years of following the City I'm really struggling to remember any other game on a Thursday night.

Has it ever happened before?

Re: One for the stattos

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:15 pm

davids wrote:Before last night, when was the last time a Cardiff City first team played a competitive fixture on a Thursday night?

I don't know the answer by the way - in my almost 50 years of following the City I'm really struggling to remember any other game on a Thursday night.

David,

I went to a friendly away at Main Road on a Thursday night, compensation for taking Phil Neal of us :lol:
Like I say a friendly Man City v Cardiff City

Crowd 6,500 including 66 of us City fans :lol: :lol: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:Before last night, when was the last time a Cardiff City first team played a competitive fixture on a Thursday night?

David,

I went to a friendly away at Main Road on a Thursday night, compensation for taking Phil Neal of us :lol:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I thought there may have been a few friendlies or pre season games but have there been any competitive games I wonder?

We should have paid them for taking him.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Were any of our other play off second legs on a Thursday?

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:21 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

David,

I thought there may have been a few friendlies or pre season games but have there been any competitive games I wonder?

Shrewsbury away or was that a friendly?

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

David,

Shrewsbury away or was that a friendly?

What year was that Annis?

Bloody hell the memory is not what it used to be!

:old: :old: :old:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:48 pm

we played Millwall home this season on a Thursday.... boxing day :lol:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:21 pm

skidemin wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm

davids wrote:
skidemin wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!

i dont remember a non bank holiday Thursday game though... possibly a Welsh cup game that was squeezed in to run down a player ban...remember we could do that ?

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:53 am

I have looked this up and in fact the first leg of our play off at home to West Ham where we lost 2-0 was on a Thursday.

I did not remember that.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:54 pm

davids wrote:I have looked this up and in fact the first leg of our play off at home to West Ham where we lost 2-0 was on a Thursday.

I did not remember that.

:thumbup:

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:30 pm

Played Brighton away on a Thursday in the Sam Hamman days. Lost 1-0 and it hammered down in that Withdean stadium.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 pm

I remember we had a big fixture backlog in the late 90’s. Beat Bournemouth to stay up on the Tuesday, beat the Jacks in the Welsh Cup on the Thursday and got stuffed 7-2 by Cambridge at home on the Saturday. If memory serves?

Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm

Home to Hartlepool. Probably around late 80s. Think Alan Curtis was playing. It was fitting in a game at the end of the season

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Im sure we played Bradford away on a Thursday afternoon cant remember when