Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PROUD OF CARDIFF CITY & NEIL HARRIS TONIGHT

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:08 am

NPCF3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Question is , is he capable of taking us to the next step ?

Hes done OK for his first season with a very good squad and hit the target he was set in getting to the play offs. We were unsuccessful but that happens against another very good side in Fulham.
Now he has to show his management skill and make that squad automatic contenders next season . The squad is nearly there only needing one or two tweeks and some good management which he has shown he possesses tonight. To take us up he needs to show that consistently over a season.

Overall he has done a lot better than most expected

Very harsh critique. Only OK? Scott Parker wouldn't have got this side anywhere near 73 points. His side who apparently play the best football in the Championship/World scored 4 less goals than us, despite having the legendary Mitrovic and a mass of high earning players and expensive Premier League loans...

I said after the first game of the season we were heading for a mid-table slog. Warnock got the blend all wrong this season. Harris near enough got the maximum out of the group of players at his disposal. He picked them up from the set-backs they were clearly going to face and in my opinion made some good loan signings.

We don't know how the Summer will pan out, I think he'll be telling the lads Top 2 next season and he knows this club is bare minimum top 6 otherwise failure. We should have a stable squad next season and I believe Harris will entice 2 or 3 top young loan signings to complement the squad.

you said after the first game ..? how ?
a reluctant reid was playing his one and only game..glatzel our 5mill forward did not play and last seasons player of the year got carried off .. Harris has been picking all those signing apart from Flint, who is not terrible , just him and Mozza dont combine very well..you certainly cant lose all the players we lost last summer and expect the new pieces to all fit on day 1..

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 pm

Proud of the effort for sure, when the second went in for us, started to dream, but not to be, great effort since lockdown from them all.

:bluescarf:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:30 pm

I’m glad to say it, Neil Harris proved so many of us wrong including myself :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: