Breaking: Cardiff City & Swansea both want

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:40 am

Sheffield Wednesday face legal action as Cardiff City and Swansea's Championship rivals want them relegated this season

Saturday 1st August 2020

Sheffield Wednesday's Championship rivals have threatened legal action following the Owls' points deduction.

The Owls have been hit with a 12-point deduction after a breach of the EFL's profitability and sustainability rules relating to the club's sale of Hillsborough.

Yet there has been some controversy over the punishment due to an independent disciplinary committee opting to enforce the punishment from next season rather than immediately.

It means the Owls will start next season on -12 points - a blessing in disguise when considering the alternative.

If Wednesday's points deduction had come into force immediately, it means the club would have been relegated, with Charlton Athletic being spared the drop.

The Addicks have now issued a statement threatening legal action over the decision to defer Wednesday's punishment until the start of next season.

Charlton finished eight points behind the Owls and just a point off safety and argue that the decision to implement the deduction next season makes no sense.
Attachments
283B43CC-B227-4AC9-9066-3ADF0330A2B4.jpeg
283B43CC-B227-4AC9-9066-3ADF0330A2B4.jpeg (71.27 KiB) Viewed 7697 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Breaking: Cardiff City & Swansea both want

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:52 am

Outrageous of the EFL taking months to rule that Sheffield Wednesday breached FFP rules and deduct them 12 points next season. Should be now, they should be relegated as 12 points off now would place them bottom. No wonder Charlton are considering legal action. Shambolic.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:50 am

Without doubt the points deduction should be applied now and not next season.

I remember Leeds went into administration on the last day of the season when they were relegated. They did it to get the points deduction there and then and not take it into the coming season. The EFL ruled that their points deduction would be taken into the next season. This will be Sheff Wed argument.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Without doubt the points deduction should be applied now and not next season.

I remember Leeds went into administration on the last day of the season when they were relegated. They did it to get the points deduction there and then and not take it into the coming season. The EFL ruled that their points deduction would be taken into the next season. This will be Sheff Wed argument.

I agree and it would be a fitting punishment, as they would go bottom of the table and relegated

Leeds certainly did benefit from their 'timing of events' and Sheffield Wednesday will benefit from the same ruling IMHO

Doesn't make it right but the precedent is there... :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby skidemin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 am

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Without doubt the points deduction should be applied now and not next season.

I agree and it would be a fitting punishment, as they would go bottom of the table and relegated

Leeds certainly did benefit from their 'timing of events' and Sheffield Wednesday will benefit from the same ruling IMHO

Doesn't make it right but the precedent is there... :(

no mate Leeds did not benefit by it, they got relegated and the 15point deduction was applied the following year , a year in which they won enough points to be promoted automatically but because of the deduction ended up in the play offs and losing..
skidemin

Postby JulesK » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:25 am

Feck off Charlton, you're down, deal with it !!
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby skidemin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:21 am

JulesK wrote:Feck off Charlton, you're down, deal with it !!

its a problem the EFL have caused themselves.. and if it were us id be wanting to appeal it..not only have they relegated Wigan this year, but last season 18/19 they docked Birmingham 9 points which were taken off in that season.. it doesnt seem fair..
skidemin

Return to General Chat