Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players out?

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Maybe a bit early but sure club have already sorted a list depending where we finished.

IMO the following are out;

Etheridge
Bamba (retires)
Flint
Pack
Hoilett
Paterson

Latter 3 will go to Middlesbrough

I’m not sure on the loan players but we need a good RB.

Let’s hope the club support NH in the transfer market as the club needs to progress.

Re: Players out?

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Murphy,
Murphy,
Murphy
And Murphy.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Whyte
cunningham
murphy

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:20 pm

what list ?

its not 1972

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 am

Etheridge
FLINT FLINT FLINT FLINT!!!!!
Bennett/Cunningham
PACK PACK PACK PACK!!!!!!
Whyte
Paterson
Glatzel

Also have no interest in seeing Brad Smith, Dion Sanderson or Albert Adomah returning

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:13 am

Out - Flint, Bamba, Paterson, Murphy, Whyte, Etheridge

In - right back, centre back, solid / passing midfielder, winger / forward, reserve keeper

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:41 am

Out- I doubt many will leave in such a short closed season but,

Bamba - Moves to coaching hopefully
Paterson - He'll want to be a starter and there'll be a club for someone of his talents
Flint - Never going to be the second centre half and needs pace with him, decent player but not with Mozza
Pack - Better in a team that wants to play with a ridged pattern (prob L1 nowadays for that)
Murphy - Need to cash in now before its too late, good player not sure on the mentality
Holliet - Maybe needs a change of scenery - class player and if he wants to stay we should enable that
Whyte - Not good enough
Glatzel - Obviously has something but i think he'll always find the pace and power of the championship beyond him
Tomlin - If we had any offer for Lee and he wants it I would let him go. He is an old 31 year old
Vassell - As if........

Not sure about any of the kids but i guess they'll be given chances, but we need a two strikers and a right back ( I think we have one on loan) and a genuine defensive midfielder.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 am

llan bluebird wrote:Out- I doubt many will leave in such a short closed season but,

Paterson - He'll want to be a starter and there'll be a club for someone of his talents
Flint - Never going to be the second centre half and needs pace with him, decent player but not with Mozza
Pack - Better in a team that wants to play with a ridged pattern (prob L1 nowadays for that)
Murphy - Need to cash in now before its too late, good player not sure on the mentality
Holliet - Maybe needs a change of scenery - class player and if he wants to stay we should enable that
Whyte - Not good enough
Glatzel - Obviously has something but i think he'll always find the pace and power of the championship beyond him
Tomlin - If we had any offer for Lee and he wants it I would let him go. He is an old 31 year old
Vassell - As if........

Not sure about any of the kids but i guess they'll be given chances, but we need a two strikers and a right back ( I think we have one on loan) and a genuine defensive midfielder.

Agree with most of those and I forgot to add Hoilett to my list. Personally I think Glatzel will be excellent next season and I can’t think for the life of me why you have Tomlin in your list.
He’s just been given a two year extension and is the flair player in our team that can make things happen. If (and it’s not an ‘if’ that I’d consider) we did get rid there’d be no takers unless on a free imo.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 am

we are stuck with flint and pack.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:59 am

The obvious two, Ralls and Bennett. Ralls passing was non-existent again last night, led to Tomlins injury, and even Morrison asked 'what the f**k was that' at that hilarious attempt of a long ball. Those two seriously slow down our attacks, and are tempo blockers.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:19 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Out- I doubt many will leave in such a short closed season but,

Whyte - Not good enough
Vassell - As if........

Agree with most of those and I forgot to add Hoilett to my list. Personally I think Glatzel will be excellent next season and I can’t think for the life of me why you have Tomlin in your list.
He’s just been given a two year extension and is the flair player in our team that can make things happen. If (and it’s not an ‘if’ that I’d consider) we did get rid there’d be no takers unless on a free imo.

If think we'll be managing Lee Tomlins injuries for the next two years and father time catches up with you. in 2020 31 years of age is just of peak scale but with a few good years. Unfortunately I think Lee is a 1970's footballer in terms of conditioning, so is on the old trajectory.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:32 am

llan bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Whyte - Not good enough
Vassell - As if........

If think we'll be managing Lee Tomlins injuries for the next two years and father time catches up with you. in 2020 31 years of age is just of peak scale but with a few good years. Unfortunately I think Lee is a 1970's footballer in terms of conditioning, so is on the old trajectory.

Time will tell I suppose but he’s done pretty well under Harris so far and he certainly seems up for it. Let’s hope that this hamstring twinge isn’t that serious (he was walking around pitch at the end; albeit limping).

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:27 pm

Whyte - Not good enough
Vassell - As if........

sort of agree.. Murphy is the one i think might go and be a star elsewhere..
and got to ask what the something is ?

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:27 am

paulh_85 wrote:we are stuck with flint and pack.

Dont say that, thats a horrible thought. I'll be having nightmares. :cry:

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:29 am

paulh_85 wrote:we are stuck with flint and pack.

Dont say that, thats a horrible thought. I'll be having nightmares. :cry:

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:46 am

Josh in his last season, if we are to recover any money he needs to be sold in the close season.
Undoubtedly talented but goes missing to often.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:33 am

Players I would get rid of for free

Flint
Pack
Bamba
Vassell

Players I think we should realistically sell if we sell for a decent sum

Murphy
Patterson
Etheridge
Cunningham (I rate him but I don’t think he’s settled down here, be easier to replace)

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:42 am

If we get an offer for any member of our squad then they will be gone. All of the above suggestions (Flint, Murphy, Pack etc.) are basically wish lists but the chances of finding clubs who will pay them the same level of numeration (never mind a fee) is very limited considering the financial climate.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:47 am

llan bluebird wrote:If think we'll be managing Lee Tomlins injuries for the next two years and father time catches up with you. in 2020 31 years of age is just of peak scale but with a few good years. Unfortunately I think Lee is a 1970's footballer in terms of conditioning, so is on the old trajectory.

I think you make a reasonable point. Fingers crossed Tomlin comes back with the same attitude/fittness he did last season, but his injury record is a concern.

To mitigate this I would like to see NH promote Tom Sang to the first team squad as Tomlin's understudy/back up option. He seems to be of a similar mould in playing style and is 20 years of age and should be breaking through.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:43 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:If think we'll be managing Lee Tomlins injuries for the next two years and father time catches up with you. in 2020 31 years of age is just of peak scale but with a few good years. Unfortunately I think Lee is a 1970's footballer in terms of conditioning, so is on the old trajectory.

I think you make a reasonable point. Fingers crossed Tomlin comes back with the same attitude/fittness he did last season, but his injury record is a concern.

To mitigate this I would like to see NH promote Tom Sang to the first team squad as Tomlin's understudy/back up option. He seems to be of a similar mould in playing style and is 20 years of age and should be breaking through.

same fitness ? id like him to actually be fit...as good as he is when in the groove, he could be even better and as said the clock is ticking on his career..