TIME TO BE PROUD; TIME TO LOOK FORWARD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:28 am

I watched tonight's game more in hope than confidence but knew that Neil Harris' team would give it the proverbial go; and they didn't disappoint...

After getting the early goal we craved, we might have fallen apart as Fulham responded with one of their own from the resulting kick off!

To their credit, despite Fulham taking hold of the game for a while, the Bluebirds held their own and got back into the game before scoring early in the second half to put the tie back min the balance

Fulham tried again but were pushed back in true City fashion for the last period and how we didn't score the (effective) equaliser is one for the powers above that dictate football fortune!

It's done now, the season is over for us and it's time to reflect on the strange season that has passed. It started with a tough reintroduction back into the Championship, the strange failing to ignite of a team managed by now City legend Neil Warnock and (to most) the underwhelming appointment of one Neil Harris before the arrival of that damned pandemic and a long lay off that threatened to stop the season in its tracks!

But Cardiff City got through it and came back both refreshed, determined and suddenly able to take on and (many beat) all before them; and all this engineered by said Mr Harris :clap:

Now the season has finished, we shouldn't be too disheartened and should see the positives from what this team has actually achieved just by getting into the Play Off places

Debriefs will be had, conversation will look forward rather than back and it appears players will go out before others come in before it all starts again in just six short weeks

From a supporters perspective, we should be very proud; we have a united team, a re-united support base and plenty of hope for next season when the manager can mould his own squad rather than (mainly) working with the bulk of someone else's

Personally, I'm sad to say I was getting a little disheartened during the autumn but I renewed my season ticket on Day 1 and I'm now looking forward to next season with new heart; all thanks to Mr Harris and his improved Bluebird team :clap:

Bring it on, I say and let's go into next season proud, loud and positive for our future...!

C'mon you Bluebirds....! :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Attachments
City Logo.jpg
City Logo.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: TIME TO BE PROUD; TIME TO LOOK FORWARD

Postby salopiancity » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:37 am

Happy and disappointed but it bodes well for the future. :ayatollah:
salopiancity

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:55 am

Agree both posts C”mon city :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby BC-CB » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:44 am

I find myself agreeing with most of what's being said. Courageous performance last night, but the damage was done in the home leg. Proud of all the squad. As for MOM? For me, and many others it seems, Smithies followed by Nelson (2 crucial touches from him at both ends of the pitch). :ayatollah: :clap:
BC-CB

Postby cendl blue » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:20 am

Sven you're spot on. The fact there are positive posts after a play off defeat speaks volumes for the improvement the manager and players have made since November. A defeat yes but a lot of positives to take forward in a few short weeks time
cendl blue

Postby skiprat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:30 am

And we finished above the jacks and wurzels .
skiprat

Postby Sven » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:47 pm

skiprat wrote:And we finished above the jacks and wurzels .

And lasted longer in the play-offs than the former, too...! ;) :clap: :lol: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:48 pm

Sven wrote:

And lasted longer in the play-offs than the former, too...! ;) :clap: :lol: :lol:

Firstly,top post from Sven :thumbup: but aren't we forgetting scummy forest ,who took back a player for no other reason than spite (as he couldn't play for them!) Who we also finished above. But yes,bring on the new,if a little too early start of the new season (I say too early,purely from a short time for new recruits,if any,to gel with whoever is kept/stays). I do wonder if Hoilett might not fancy another long and arduous championship season,and decided to go to mls? Whatever, and whoever may arrive,bring it on!! BLOOOOOOOBIRDS! :bluescarf: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:20 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Firstly,top post from Sven :thumbup: but aren't we forgetting scummy forest ,who took back a player for no other reason than spite (as he couldn't play for them!) Who we also finished above. But yes,bring on the new,if a little too early start of the new season (I say too early,purely from a short time for new recruits,if any,to gel with whoever is kept/stays). I do wonder if Hoilett might not fancy another long and arduous championship season,and decided to go to mls? Whatever, and whoever may arrive,bring it on!! BLOOOOOOOBIRDS! :bluescarf: :old: :bluebird:

Yes, can't forget the Scabby Forest who couldn't see the wood for density of the trees and seemed to run into a couple of large, solid Oaks just as they thought they were in the clearing...

Them and the Jacks have a lot in common; and little of it is good from a Bluebird point of view! :oops:
Sven

Postby Mr Potato » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:56 pm

I think Harris has done a great job, he clearly wasn’t wanted and I had reservations but what he job he’s done. Where we go from here who knows but I will back him. He is putting his stamp on the club and the way we play. He’s getting the best of what we have got and with a bit of tinkering, you have to wonder where we will be.

Clear the decks and get some new signings and we could be a force next year.
Mr Potato

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:01 pm

Good Times Ahead :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat