" Championship manager leaves "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:27 pm

Eddie Howe as left Bournemouth by mutual consent following clubs relegation! :o

BBC

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has left the club by mutual consent after their relegation from the Premier League.

The 42-year-old led the Cherries in more than 450 games across two spells spanning more than a decade.

The Englishman, who leaves after talking to club officials on Saturday, said he believes it is "the right time for the club to have a change".

Bournemouth's five-year stay in the top flight ended despite a 3-1 win at Everton on the final day of the season.

"Having spent a total of 25 years with the club as both a player and a manager, this decision - made together with the club - is one of the hardest I've ever had to make," said Howe in an open letter to fans.

"However, although the affection and love I have for this football club will always remain, we collectively feel that now is the right time for the club to go in a new direction.

"Bournemouth will always be in my heart, but I firmly believe now is the right time for the club to have a change."

Bournemouth had risen from League Two to become an established Premier League team under Howe, who guided them to three promotions in six seasons.
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Eddie Howe..

Postby NPCF3 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Eddie Howe as left Bournemouth by mutual consent following clubs relegation! :o

They need a young, hungry manager, capable of settling and improving a team after a long-term overachieving manager... Wonder who'd make the shortlist? ;)
NPCF3

Re: " Championship manager leaves "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:33 pm

He's done a very good job there.

It was a massive achievement for them to be promoted to the Premier League in the first place, and even more impressive that he's kept them there this long.

Ultimately they fell short this year, after spending a lot of money over the last couple of years. Dominic Solanke has failed to deliver for them after signing for £19m.

I expect he thinks he can't do any more for that club. But he's a very good manager and I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs who would consider having him in charge.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:41 pm

Shocked by this - Eddie Howe was Mr Bournemouth :o
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:41 am

Brilliant Manager and unlucky with a major injury crisis at Bournemouth last season. Thought he'd try and get Bournemouth back to the prem but maybe he doesnt fancy a championship campaign and sees a premier league job coming up.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby EastleighBlue » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:09 am

Hes always comes across in the media as a gentleman and they went down fighting unlike Norwich who were gutless. Bournemouth have over achieved and will follow the same path as Swansea. I still think they'll be somewhere in the mix next year. I am hoping Watford go the same way as Stoke. Norwich have decent players but they look utterly shell shocked. Losing is a hard habit to break.
EastleighBlue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Eddie Howe's exit at relegated Bournemouth has left a huge void needing to be filled with the 42-year-old part of the fabric of the club for much of the last two decades.

Having guided the Cherries from League Two relegation fodder into a Premier League outfit, Howe walked away from the Vitality Stadium on Saturday night in the wake of their drop back into the Championship.

His trusted deputy Jason Tindall will take over the team in the interim period with considerable surgery needed on a squad which, quite simply, the club can't afford to keep together in the second tier.

However, such is the bond between former teammates Howe and Tindall that should the former earn a new role elsewhere, whether that be immediately or in the long term, his assistant will surely follow him.
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat