New Wingers Needed

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New Wingers Needed

Postby Welsh Giants » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Out with the old and in with the new. For me hoilett NML have served their time now and based on this season are not good enough to fire us back to the premiership,NML not consistent enough same as murphy and hoilett not consistent enough either and his legs are not the same as the season we went up under warnock.... and the other one gavin whyte should go back to his level in league 1....

2 new wingers needed any suggestions?
Welsh Giants

New Wingers Needed

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: New Wingers Needed

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Welsh Giants wrote:Out with the old and in with the new. For me hoilett NML have served their time now and based on this season are not good enough to fire us back to the premiership,NML not consistent enough same as murphy and hoilett not consistent enough either and his legs are not the same as the season we went up under warnock.... and the other one gavin whyte should go back to his level in league 1....

Keep NML but I agree to get rid of other two.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:24 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Welsh Giants wrote:Out with the old and in with the new. For me hoilett NML have served their time now and based on this season are not good enough to fire us back to the premiership,NML not consistent enough same as murphy and hoilett not consistent enough either and his legs are not the same as the season we went up under warnock.... and the other one gavin whyte should go back to his level in league 1....

I'd keep Hoilett,plenty of miles in him yet and his work rate is much better than the other two.I'd love to see Jamal Lowe here though.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Welsh Giants » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Keep NML and hoilett as back up only and squad players, we need to be aiming for top 2 next season and neither are good enough for a top 2 team any more imo.
Surely some top talent in the premiership we could get on loan...
Welsh Giants

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I'd keep Hoilett,plenty of miles in him yet and his work rate is much better than the other two.I'd love to see Jamal Lowe here though.

See what you’re saying but I still feel that NML has that burst of speed in his locker that the other two don’t. JH has a good footballing brain but NML has what all defences hate playing against - raw pace. Hoillet was 1 v 1 with his full back on more than one occasion at Fulham and chose to cut backwards when the best option was to take his man on; NML I’m sure would ha e gone at him. Saying that, I wouldn’t be disappointed if we kept them both as they are different types of players. Deffo let Murphy go though imo.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Pencoed » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:14 am

Personally I'd like to see Whyte given a chance next season he's only had one season at this level 2 as a professional (think he was semi pro in N Ireland) just got a feeling theres he's got something.
Pencoed

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:37 am

Pencoed wrote:Personally I'd like to see Whyte given a chance next season he's only had one season at this level 2 as a professional (think he was semi pro in N Ireland) just got a feeling theres he's got something.

It’s all opinions mate but personally I think that he is (rightly) 4th choice winger behind Murphy atm. He’s got a great attitude and work ethic but sometimes that’s not enough imo.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby todder76 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:37 pm

I’d have a gamble on the young kid there raving about in the academy if there’s no money bring them in sink or swim
todder76

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:04 pm

todder76 wrote:I’d have a gamble on the young kid there raving about in the academy if there’s no money bring them in sink or swim

Yup deffo would be happy for him to be in the frame; from the bench to start.
bluebirdoct1962

Return to General Chat