Swansea fans very worried about the coming season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bluebina » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Posted by Cheif;

The optimism I had around a fortnight ago has pretty much evaporated:
- Sold our most technically gifted midfielder for peanuts (and at a loss).
- Our captain is seemingly next to leave.
- We only have 3 proper CBs (1 had a bad run of injuries recently).
- We only have 1 recognised striker (and he's very inexperienced).
- The transfer rumours have pretty much dried up& the ones we are still linked to (Smith / Gyorkeres) appear to be for positions we shouldn't have down as priorities&they aren't even particularly inspiring signings if we did need more LBs or wingers.
- The links are some of our signings smell to me of players who can fill in more than 1 position, but particularly prolific in one's we need, increasing squad mediocrity.
- We looked way off the pace against a league 2 team last weekend.

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/vie ... dc018e83e5

Not sure why?

Roathy says everything is fine and losing a chief exec, Half the team, cat 1 status, a rusty stadium row with no money to pay for the maintenance, Rookie Manager and no decent budget, I guess he knows more than 90% of the true supporters that go to games and watch their team?
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Swansea fans very worried about the coming season

Postby Doctor » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Bluebina wrote:Posted by Cheif;

- The transfer rumours have pretty much dried up& the ones we are still linked to (Smith / Gyorkeres) appear to be for positions we shouldn't have down as priorities&they aren't even particularly inspiring signings if we did need more LBs or wingers.
- The links are some of our signings smell to me of players who can fill in more than 1 position, but particularly prolific in one's we need, increasing squad mediocrity.

Not sure why?

Roathy says everything is fine and losing a chief exec, Half the team, cat 1 status, a rusty stadium row with no money to pay for the maintenance, Rookie Manager and no decent budget, I guess he knows more than 90% of the true supporters that go to games and watch their team?

I love the fact Chief from Planetswans opinion is a sticky on here :laughing6:

Let’s go through these boring and regurgitated things one by one then:-

1) Celina was sold because he couldn’t get into the team. He started 1 of our last 17 matches and wasn’t even in the squad for a quarter of those.

2) “Our captain” is someone that is widely regarded as someone who shouldn’t be our captain at all. For those that don’t know that is Matt Grimes who ironically is slagged off on Planetswans week in week out :laughing6:

3) We have Guehi, Rodon, Cabango with another due to come in on loan, that’s plenty in the CB department.

4) Striker is a valid point, we will have suffered with losing Brewster back to Liverpool but Cooper has made it clear we are looking to fill that position soon. Watch this space.

5) Lack of transfer rumours? Do I really need to address that? :laughing6:

6) Poor result in the cup, we weren’t the only ones as I’m sure you are aware.

So out of all those his valid concern is the striker situation. One I share. Now onto yours...

1) Losing a Chief exec? Who? You mean our short term chairman? Right, gutted. How ever will we go on.

2) Losing half the team? Who? Only a sub midfielder and a sub keeper have left the side. Any others that have left is due to their loans expiring, that’s expected. We have brought in players too.

3) Category 1 status. This hasn’t brought through a single player, why is this such an obsession on here?

4) Rust on the stadium? Again, gutted, how ever will we survive?

5) Rookie manager. You mean the one who got us to the play offs last season? I’m sure he will be fine somehow.

6) No decent budget. Neither of our clubs have a decent budget. I’m sure you aren’t worried either. :thumbright:
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Bluebina » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Doctor wrote:

Not sure why?

1) Celina was sold because he couldn’t get into the team. He started 1 of our last 17 matches and wasn’t even in the squad for a quarter of those.

2) “Our captain” is someone that is widely regarded as someone who shouldn’t be our captain at all. For those that don’t know that is Matt Grimes who ironically is slagged off on Planetswans week in week out :laughing6:

3) We have Guehi, Rodon, Cabango with another due to come in on loan, that’s plenty in the CB department.

4) Striker is a valid point, we will have suffered with losing Brewster back to Liverpool but Cooper has made it clear we are looking to fill that position soon. Watch this space.

So out of all those his valid concern is the striker situation. One I share. Now onto yours...

1) Losing a Chief exec? Who? You mean our short term chairman? Right, gutted. How ever will we go on.

2) Losing half the team? Who? Only a sub midfielder and a sub keeper have left the side. Any others that have left is due to their loans expiring, that’s expected. We have brought in players too.

3) Category 1 status. This hasn’t brought through a single player, why is this such an obsession on here?

5) Rookie manager. You mean the one who got us to the play offs last season? I’m sure he will be fine somehow.

6) No decent budget. Neither of our clubs have a decent budget. I’m sure you aren’t worried either. :thumbright:

Bury your head if you like, your real fans have spoken they are very worried about the current season have a read it's your own clubs board, for whats it's worth having read that I would have to agree with them, because it looks very unsettled, with too many fires to try and put out at once.

And yes half your team as most were on loans, you can't say they don't count they were your players and they have gone.

Thats the last on it, time will tell I think you will really struggle this season, and your fans will turn on on the Manager :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Doctor » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:23 pm

Bluebina wrote:Bury your head if you like, your real fans have spoken they are very worried about the current season have a read it's your own clubs board, for whats it's worth having read that I would have to agree with them, because it looks very unsettled, with too many fires to try and put out at once.

And yes half your team as most were on loans, you can't say they don't count they were your players and they have gone.

Thats the last on it, time will tell I think you will really struggle this season, and your fans will turn on on the Manager :thumbup:

I shall, I will bury my head in realism. “Our real fans” were worried last year too, I was right about that as well, as usual. :thumbright:

Half our team was not loans. The only regular players that were loans that we haven’t as of yet retained are Brewster and Gallagher. Gallagher has been replaced by the signing of Jamal Lowe, Brewster will be replaced but as of yet it’s unclear with whom.

You keep dreaming though bluey, you do every year. :laughing6:
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Bluebina » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Doctor wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Bury your head if you like, your real fans have spoken they are very worried about the current season have a read it's your own clubs board, for whats it's worth having read that I would have to agree with them, because it looks very unsettled, with too many fires to try and put out at once.

I shall, I will bury my head in realism. “Our real fans” were worried last year too, I was right about that as well, as usual. :thumbright:

Half our team was not loans. The only regular players that were loans that we haven’t as of yet retained are Brewster and Gallagher. Gallagher has been replaced by the signing of Jamal Lowe, Brewster will be replaced but as of yet it’s unclear with whom.

Ha ha those are two of your best players gone, plus all the rest, plus your Captain going, have you actually read it, try and gloss over it as much as you like, we all know the truth ;) :thumbup: :wave:
Bluebina

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:30 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Ha ha those are two of your best players gone, plus all the rest, plus your Captain going, have you actually read it, try and gloss over it as much as you like, we all know the truth ;) :thumbup: :wave:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah: :clap: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Doctor wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :sleepy2: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Chris Holmes » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:52 pm

And they forgot to mention how rusty the stadium is too!!!
Chris Holmes

Postby pengamblue » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:14 pm

Face facts DOCTOR, your clubs looking pretty SICK ,unlike WALES NO 1 TEAM BLOOBIRDS
pengamblue

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:07 pm

I shall, I will bury my head in realism.

For realism, read meism..
rumpo kid

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:32 pm

I said at the start of last season that I thought they'd struggle so I'm not saying anything.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I said at the start of last season that I thought they'd struggle so I'm not saying anything.

Exactly. They seem to pull something off.
Bakedalasker

Postby Doctor » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:59 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Gallagher was nowhere close to being our best player. Ayew is also better than Brewster.

Have I actually read what? I am not glossing over anything, players come and go every season, your keeper has just gone and your winger has just been sacked - that’s football.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I said at the start of last season that I thought they'd struggle so I'm not saying anything.

It’s always the hope over the reality on this forum, so I think that’s wise :D
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:52 am

Doctor wrote:

I say fellow forum members very poor show chatting to the doctor alias roathie and 32 other aliases he has he is after all on the other side of the world in a different time zone as he claims :roll: :roll: and has to be up for work shortly :roll: :roll: What a fruit cake :lol: :lol:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Bluebina » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:20 am

Doctor wrote:

Not sure why?

Your fans disagree, proper fans who go to Swansea games views are.

"My optimism of a few weeks ago has certainly dropped off. Back then it looked like we were getting our transfer business done early and that the playbook of Andy Scott and the recruitment team was being executed. It's all gone a bit quiet more recently and there isn't much out there in the way of rumours concerning inbound players. There are obvious gaps in the squad that need to be filled and losing the creative of Celina is a step backwards."

"One crumb of comfort. Think of the easy money we can make backing Preston on Saturday."

"No more than I already was with Cooper in charge."

"Definitely, for me without the addition of a decent striker plus experienced CB we are at best mid-table quality & if we were to ‘lose’ Grimes & Ayew late in the window bottom 6 quality - looking at the squad quality & depth right now in addition to a striker & CB we need to replace any further exits (excluding McKay), otherwise any relatively minor injury/loss of form/suspension issue will force Cooper to juggle Formations & innovate and he’s already proven that’s not in his kit bag."

"Spoken too a few people who feel the same, and also think that at least 2 including Ayew may go in the last few Days of the Window, Yes flatter than a pancake atm."

"I would think the change of CEO would have slowed things down.
Birch knew our finances to the penny and would have been able to calculate finances, quite accurately, at the drop of a hat - the new bloke ill still be getting his head around the project.
Hopefully we are awaiting the arrival of a new manager who will have a little funding to bring in players he wants."

"You know things are bad when fans are sweating about losing Grimes!"

"I fear a relegation year, don't have any optimism at all."

"Have we got a recognised striker for Saturday??"

"Only Cullen & don't suppose he's going to start"

"Nice...... So 11 men behind the ball for a master class in defending for a point. f**k my eyes."

I know a couple of ex colleague swansea idiots too, they feel exactly the same, very tough season as it stands :thumbup: :wave:
Bluebina

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:25 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Doctor wrote:

I say fellow forum members very poor show chatting to the doctor alias roathie and 32 other aliases he has he is after all on the other side of the world in a different time zone as he claims :roll: :roll: and has to be up for work shortly :roll: :roll: What a fruit cake :lol: :lol:

Are you feeling ok? :lol:
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:28 am

Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:

Not sure why?

"My optimism of a few weeks ago has certainly dropped off. Back then it looked like we were getting our transfer business done early and that the playbook of Andy Scott and the recruitment team was being executed. It's all gone a bit quiet more recently and there isn't much out there in the way of rumours concerning inbound players. There are obvious gaps in the squad that need to be filled and losing the creative of Celina is a step backwards."

"One crumb of comfort. Think of the easy money we can make backing Preston on Saturday."

"Definitely, for me without the addition of a decent striker plus experienced CB we are at best mid-table quality & if we were to ‘lose’ Grimes & Ayew late in the window bottom 6 quality - looking at the squad quality & depth right now in addition to a striker & CB we need to replace any further exits (excluding McKay), otherwise any relatively minor injury/loss of form/suspension issue will force Cooper to juggle Formations & innovate and he’s already proven that’s not in his kit bag."

"Spoken too a few people who feel the same, and also think that at least 2 including Ayew may go in the last few Days of the Window, Yes flatter than a pancake atm."

Birch knew our finances to the penny and would have been able to calculate finances, quite accurately, at the drop of a hat - the new bloke ill still be getting his head around the project.
Hopefully we are awaiting the arrival of a new manager who will have a little funding to bring in players he wants."

"Nice...... So 11 men behind the ball for a master class in defending for a point. f**k my eyes."

I know a couple of ex colleague swansea idiots too, they feel exactly the same, very tough season as it stands :thumbup: :wave:

The “proper Swansea fans that actually go to games” and your “ex colleague Swansea idiots” sounds like complete drama queens then :laughing6:

As usual I will no doubt be proven correct yet again much to your fury.... until next season we repeat the same process of you going on PlanetSwans to find some negative supporters, posting them on here as if it is mass panic, me adding reality to the situation while you profess our demise... then I am proven right again.

Ad nauseum.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:I say fellow forum members very poor show chatting to the doctor alias roathie and 32 other aliases he has he is after all on the other side of the world in a different time zone as he claims :roll: :roll: and has to be up for work shortly :roll: :roll: What a fruit cake :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :laughing5: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:06 am

Doctor wrote:
The “proper Swansea fans that actually go to games” and your “ex colleague Swansea idiots” sounds like complete drama queens then :laughing6:

As usual I will no doubt be proven correct yet again much to your fury.... until next season we repeat the same process of you going on PlanetSwans to find some negative supporters, posting them on here as if it is mass panic, me adding reality to the situation while you profess our demise... then I am proven right again.

Ad nauseum.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :roll: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:40 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:I say fellow forum members very poor show chatting to the doctor alias roathie and 32 other aliases he has he is after all on the other side of the world in a different time zone as he claims :roll: :roll: and has to be up for work shortly :roll: :roll: What a fruit cake :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :laughing5: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

i second all those thumbs up..
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:47 am

Doctor wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:

Not sure why?

Ad nauseum.

i do wonder why you are not on planet swans putting these drama queens right... and ..calling them drama queens...my guess is one or two might know who you are and you do not fancy a clip around the ear...
skidemin

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:50 am

skidemin wrote:

i do wonder why you are not on planet swans putting these drama queens right... and ..calling them drama queens...my guess is one or two might know who you are and you do not fancy a clip around the ear...

We all know about the standard of your guesses though... :laughing6:
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:55 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

We all know about the standard of your guesses though... :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: as you know i do not guess..i just used it as a turn of phrase .. i know youd have a clip....anyway i do my very best to point you in the right direction and correct your guesses with facts....nice try though..
skidemin

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:58 am

skidemin wrote:

:lol: :lol: as you know i do not guess..i do my very best to point you in the right direction and correct your guesses with facts....nice try though..

:laughing6: I am yet to see you make a factual or sensible post, your infatuation tends to stop that.

So why did you change your username again? Seems like you are trying to distance yourself from something. Were you banned and now trying to fly under the radar? Your posting style is very similar to that Damned Yank moron that used to post before.

Odd you would hide behind this latest username, your guesses seem to be just as bad as they were before... :laughing6:
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:02 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

:lol: :lol: as you know i do not guess..i do my very best to point you in the right direction and correct your guesses with facts....nice try though..

:laughing6: I am yet to see you make a factual or sensible post, your infatuation tends to stop that.

So why did you change your username again? Seems like you are trying to distance yourself from something. Were you banned and now trying to fly under the radar? Your posting style is very similar to that Damned Yank moron that used to post before.

Odd you would hide behind this username... :laughing6:

sven kept on banning me for being correct... and made a load of false stories up about me .... seems to be your standard reply for being a multi multi .....but no..im as much a yank as you are a millionaire/ thousandaire/hundredaire ... im not..
skidemin

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:04 am

skidemin wrote:

sven kept on banning me for being correct... and made a load of false stories up about me .... seems to be your standard reply for being a multi multi .....but no..im as much a yank as you are a millionaire/ thousandaire/hundredaire ... im not..

Of course it’s my standard reply, I always reply with the truth. :thumbright:

So you confirm it then. I knew it :thumbup:

There can’t be too many people that turn nearly every single thread they enter into about a man they have never met and are clearly threatened by on the Internet. I refuse to believe it’s pure coincidence, the law of probability suggests you are hiding something.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:16 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

There can’t be too many people that turn nearly every single thread they enter into about a man they have never met and are clearly threatened by on the Internet. I refuse to believe it’s pure coincidence, the law of probability suggests you are hiding something.

yes im very threatened... me and Sven both { im sure he doesnt mind me letting on } ..
but lets get back to why you are not on planet swans with the drama queens , im sure they are missing your insights into their club { via these connections you have :laughing5: :laughing5: } and could all probably do with a bit of a talking to..
skidemin

Postby Doctor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:19 am

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

yes im very threatened... me and Sven both { im sure he doesnt mind me letting on } ..
but lets get back to why you are not on planet swans with the drama queens , im sure they are missing your insights into their club { via these connections you have :laughing5: :laughing5: } and could all probably do with a bit of a talking to..

DOGFOUND!!! :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Just had a PM. Why on earth have you started using this username? Apologies to Damned Yank I knew it was one of them but couldn’t remember. That’s hilarious.

As for Planetswans, it’s a rubbish website. Easy. :thumbright:

Now back to why you changed your username? Was Dogfound username banned?
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:31 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

DOGFOUND!!! :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Just had a PM. Why on earth have you started using this username? Apologies to Damned Yank I knew it was one of them but couldn’t remember. That’s hilarious.

As for Planetswans, it’s a rubbish website. Easy. :thumbright:

Now back to why you changed your username? Was Dogfound username banned?

whoever PMd you is wrong { as if anyone PMs you } :lol: :lol:
and what were you saying about standard of guesses.? maybe 3rd time lucky , but i doubt it...
skidemin

Next

Return to General Chat