Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY THOUGHTS: A LACKLUSTER PERFORMANCE

Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:31 pm

MY THOUGHTS:

The team entered with confidence but as for the performance that was far from confident. With all the ball they lacked urgency and ideas with the ball yes its very good keeping the possession of the ball but its what happens next that makes the game flow and that did not flow. It looked like the team was not the same team after the restart last season when going for the play offs.

BUT I have to say this in the defence of the team Sheffield Wednesday went into this game desperate for the win to claw back the -12 points they had. But I have to say that performance can only improve and fingers crossed Harris knows what to do to improve the team. In my opinion I think we desperately need a winger to replace Mendez-Laing otherwise we cant supply the ball to Moore or Glatzel. I say we need up to 2 wingers since we cant rely on players like Hoilett and Murphy because let's be fair they cant do much on the wings.

It's not just our game that is weird because the teams fighting for promotion last season lost today such as Brentford and Nottingham Forest so it will be interesting how everything develops going into the next games, and yes the worst of the results were the jacks who won.

MATCH RATING: 4/10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY THOUGHTS: A LACKLUSTER PERFORMANCE

Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:57 pm

We dont really have crossing wingers, most of ours are lime inside forwards.

If no one is putting good crosses in Moore will struggle.

Not saying that's all we should do but its a big part of his game