Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Facts: you can have the possession but not creating

Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:11 pm

That’s how Cardiff we’re today

Neil Harris, that performance was awful today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Facts: you can have the possession but not creating

Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:20 pm

Unfortunately, I have to agree it was awful today. Where has the spirit and fight gone shown only a few weeks ago?

Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:25 pm

You have to question the manage today, if your going to play it on the ground with possession, why start with a target man who can only play with the ball in the air. Hoilett is more of an inside forward these days rather than a winger who will be putting crosses in the box.

Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:26 am

To be honest I didn’t see the game it was my choice not to get option one has I’ve gone for option two but I have seen the goals we have conceded i have looked at the stats at the above post and even though I am not a lover of stats it doesn’t look goood reading neal Harris said we had most of the Posession but what good is that when you haven’t got any shots on target and don’t even get near there area the only stat that matters is how many goals you win by

Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 am

Time after time , game after game we had this under Warnock .

We were always outplayed especially possession wise but we were the ones who ended up winning and getting promoted.

I cant remember many games under him we actually won the posession stats

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:43 pm

thomasblue wrote:Time after time , game after game we had this under Warnock .

We were always outplayed especially possession wise but we were the ones who ended up winning and getting promoted.

I cant remember many games under him we actually won the posession stats

there is no right or wrong way to play.... but whatever game plan / tactics it has to be effective.. that yesterday was not close and belonged in a time before goalposts were invented...generally we looked pretty good towards the end of last season but wants to change it...every time we do this happens..

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:56 pm

I have always said that possession does not matter It's goals and defending that do :thumbup:

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Igovernor wrote:I have always said that possession does not matter It's goals and defending that do :thumbup:

Spot On ;)

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:16 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Igovernor wrote:I have always said that possession does not matter It's goals and defending that do :thumbup:

Spot On ;)

This was argued under NW but lots more interested in style of play instead of results? Preston had 60% and lost from only on target shot by opposition.