Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New team for next game.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:04 pm

First post back in a while, hope everyones doing well.

So after today there needs to be changes. I'd like to see us play 4231 with fullbacks allowed to overlap the wingers alot more this is where 1 new players come in where they should make a big difference.

smithies
bacuna morrison nelson cunningham
ralls vaulks
ibe tomlin murphy
moore

so first change Bacuna as rb - the new guy just doesnt look like he's cut for it. Bacuna has got a good engine van get up and down and can get s good cross in.

Cunningham - bennett is a player i like but we need a bit more, someone said it earlier he always plays the ball back slows down any momentum going forward.

Ralls Vaulks provide the legs the box to box players.

Tomlin to create.

2 direct wingers with pace cruicial automatically can make the opposition drops 10 yards deeper no defender likes playing against pace.

Moore - just because he offers that extra dimension in the air that glatzel juat doesnt bring.

Hopefully a bad day and just a one off on to the next game :bluescarf:

Re: New team for next game.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:50 pm

Pontreblue - I agree with your sentiments but I cannot have Murphy in the team. He can’t beat a player can’t cross and he gets brushed off the ball too easily. We need 2 fast attacking young wingers who are prepared to get to the byline so that the opposition defenders are facing their own goal which makes it difficult for them. Bennett must be dropped. I bet his car only has one gear - reverse

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Brezza wrote:Pontreblue - I agree with your sentiments but I cannot have Murphy in the team. He can’t beat a player can’t cross and he gets brushed off the ball too easily. We need 2 fast attacking young wingers who are prepared to get to the byline so that the opposition defenders are facing their own goal which makes it difficult for them. Bennett must be dropped. I bet his car only has one gear - reverse

:laughing6: :laughing6: laughed more than i should of at the car bit

yeah see the point on murphy final ball not the best confidence player.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:18 pm

Where has this Ibe rumour come from?

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Where has this Ibe rumour come from?

No rumour just saying who I'd like. I did see a post earlier saying something about ibe too so just a coincidence more than likely as ive seen nothing :thumbright:

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 am

I would try something a bit different and go 4132

Use Murphy as a striker as I believe that's his best position

Drop Nelson for Cunningham at center back

Use Patterson for his legs as a defensive midfielder where I believe he would be well suited.

Smithies

Bacuna Morrison Cunningham Bennett

Patterson

Vaulks Tomlin Ralls

Murphy Moore

Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 am

Smithes

Back four as yesterday (they don’t become poor overnight)

Ralls. Bacuna

Ojo. Tomlin Hoilett (finders crosses for better)

Moore

Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:41 am

thomasblue wrote:I would try something a bit different and go 4132

Use Patterson for his legs as a defensive midfielder where I believe he would be well suited.

Smithies

Patterson

Vaulks Tomlin Ralls

Murphy Moore

cunningham at center back might be a good option im sure he played there for preston a number of times :thumbright:

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:21 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Where has this Ibe rumour come from?

When I looked on twitter yesterday there was a solitary tweet mentioning it... off an account that looked beyond fake.

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:09 pm

My team for forrest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:12 pm

thomasblue wrote:I would try something a bit different and go 4132

Smithies

Patterson

Vaulks Tomlin Ralls

Murphy Moore

I’d keep nelson and replace Bennett with Cunningham, it would not hurt to drop him for a game or two. Other than that I’d put Paterson with in with vaulks and ralls and place tomlin behind the front two. But, that is about as good as we can get.

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:21 pm

Tom sang needs to be given a chance in my opinion. Every time I’ve seen him he looks like his technical ability is one of the best in the squad, can pick a pass and also has the energy of the other midfielders

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:44 pm

CCFC_Ok wrote:Tom sang needs to be given a chance in my opinion. Every time I’ve seen him he looks like his technical ability is one of the best in the squad, can pick a pass and also has the energy of the other midfielders

100% agree. C'mon NH back up selection to match your comments to get the youngsters playing.

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
CCFC_Ok wrote:Tom sang needs to be given a chance in my opinion. Every time I’ve seen him he looks like his technical ability is one of the best in the squad, can pick a pass and also has the energy of the other midfielders

100% agree. C'mon NH back up selection to match your comments to get the youngsters playing.

Also I think Mark Harris should at least make the bench, he offers something none of the other strikers offer, which is pace in behind, as much as our midfield is poor going forward, maybe if our players made runs in behind they might find it easier to create chances

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:15 pm

You can't play four in midfield if Tomlin is one of the four. He needs other people to do the running.

I think Osei-Tutu is a winger trying to be a full back. But because we don't have anyone else if he is left out Bacuna would have to play there. That would take legs out of the midfield.

At the moment none of them are worth their place except Smithies and Morrison.

And no Cunnigham or Flint on the bench yesterday either, which may be a hint as to what is going on. It shows how weak we are when Bamba gets a place in the eighteen. My team would be:

Smithies, someone new at rb, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett, Ojo, Bacuna, Vaulks, Ralls, Murphy, Glatzel.