Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has the nation lost its Moral compass

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:47 am

With covid rules ignored by many and public emergency services abuse on the rise; and not forgetting the ever present social media abuse(racist slurs) aimed at mps and sports stars etc.

Where as a generation will we end up?

Minority of people surely though, and today's 24hr news just magnifies it even more?

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-h ... s-12065757
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Has the nation lost its Moral compass

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:33 pm

Well, when I was young, you were scared of the Teachers and Police(tho not all).. now the Teachers and Police are scared of the kids..

Its what the Parents wanted so the kids could be free..

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:46 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Well, when I was young, you were scared of the Teachers and Police(tho not all).. now the Teachers and Police are scared of the kids..

Since 2010 arrest numbers for “kids” (10-17 years old) has fallen by 77% and between Dec 2018 and Dec 2019 its fallen by 5%.
As Pete Townsend wrote “The Kids Are Alright” :old:

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 pm

The world has lost its moral compass mate, when you can travel abroad for a holiday but not allowed to visit your nan in her house you know the world's gone mad

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:54 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Well, when I was young, you were scared of the Teachers and Police(tho not all).. now the Teachers and Police are scared of the kids..

Since 2010 arrest numbers for “kids” (10-17 years old) has fallen by 77% and between Dec 2018 and Dec 2019 its fallen by 5%.

is crime down in that age group or is it just a case of the severity of crime to get arrested dropped... ? im not implying or do i know... asking ?

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:57 pm

RV Casual wrote:The world has lost its moral compass mate, when you can travel abroad for a holiday but not allowed to visit your nan in her house you know the world's gone mad

its like living in an episode of the twighlight zone...

Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 pm

skidemin wrote:
RV Casual wrote:The world has lost its moral compass mate, when you can travel abroad for a holiday but not allowed to visit your nan in her house you know the world's gone mad

It's mental mate isn't it, absolutely mind boggling, won't be long before everything goes up in the air I don't think.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

is crime down in that age group or is it just a case of the severity of crime to get arrested dropped... ? im not implying or do i know... asking ?

It’s a fair question and I’m struggling to find data on that but what I have found is the total crime across all age groups in the UK between 2012/2013 and 2018/2019 has risen by 31%. Crime being determined as an arrest-able offence.

If both sets of data had shown a downward trend I could see an argument for your suggestion but the fact the data shows 2 opposing trends would, in my opinion, suggest the kids are behaving themselves more these days.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:40 pm

RV Casual wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It's mental mate isn't it, absolutely mind boggling, won't be long before everything goes up in the air I don't think.

Was watching a video only last night,regarding tv licencing bailiffs,and police response times,well f@ck me,get burgled and it's anything up to 24 hrs for police attendance,( providing nobody was assaulted)
The bailiff had arranged for two officers to be in attendance,before he had even knocked the door :shock: even f@cking worse was,because the householder refused to give his details (not an offence if no crime has been committed ) the female officer called for backup?? Guess how long before TWO more cars arrived? They were there in 46 seconds,and 1 min 45 respectively :shock: :shock: the funny part was the so called warrant had no magistrates signature! ! So was invalid.
Yes we are in strange times indeed :? And it ain't ending anytime soon either :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:

The Kids are alright indeed.. almost miraculous in fact. The cynic in me says a fall of 77% in a decade would suggest other factors are at play. Not suggesting gerrymander in the slightest. Its a nice figure tho', but it also coincides with the 40% drop in Police patrolling the streets in that time..

Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:32 am

rumpo kid wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

The Kids are alright indeed.. almost miraculous in fact. The cynic in me says a fall of 77% in a decade would suggest other factors are at play. Not suggesting gerrymander in the slightest. Its a nice figure tho', but it also coincides with the 40% drop in Police patrolling the streets in that time..

It’s certainly an exceptionally good figure I’ll agree and I have no doubt the lower police numbers have certainly had an effect on such crimes minors are likely to commit such as possession of marijuana, petty theft, vandalism, etc being ignored by officers to focus on more serious matters. I do doubt the actual figures, same as you do. But it’s the most accurate numbers we can use.

As I replied to another poster, since 2012 using the same source for figures , the ONS, total crime in the UK has risen by 31%. I’m not saying the 18 and above age groups have turned more aggressive or criminally inclined as the number lines up remarkably close to the 40% police reductions you mention. I just think the “good old days” a lot of people use as a measure to put down the younger generations weren’t as good as people believe.

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 pm

I understand what you mean. I do think tho that the old clip round the ear saved a lot of time and backchat, and just the threat of it was enough mostly, as you knew the line. Can’t understand how we’ve reached a position where it’s become physical assault..

Saw the Good Old Days recently.. even enjoyed some of it, which is quite worrying

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Absolutely it has. Who would have thought hospitals would need to employ security staff FFS!!

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:02 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

Moral Compass , Pete Townsend , kids ! Really ?