Fans making a difference?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:53 pm

Is having no fans at grounds making a big difference for away teams?

After lockdown it was noticeable that away teams faired better than home teams? Now same thing appears to be happening start of this season, 50% of away teams in both championship and premier league have won! Forest on good away run but poorer home form

....and Saturday good example city playing badly would a home crowd have helped by getting behind team or getting on teams back for a lack luster performance, instead city never showed any urgency with no crowd to help them..
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Fans making a difference?

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:39 pm

It's a good point allan - i did not take notice of the football results in general over the weekend .

But made a point today about the results in the NFL - Where half of the Week 1 games were won by teams on the road .
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:45 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:It's a good point allan - i did not take notice of the football results in general over the weekend .

But made a point today about the results in the NFL - Where half of the Week 1 games were won by teams on the road .

Tony so it's not only football its happening?
While you obviously get some away wins quit often its the home fans that can make a difference if team is losing or playing poor! Cant help feel that a home support Saturday may have galvanised way team was playing... cannot be a coincidence can it that away teams are benefiting from lack of home support?
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:It's a good point allan - i did not take notice of the football results in general over the weekend .

While you obviously get some away wins quit often its the home fans that can make a difference if team is losing or playing poor! Cant help feel that a home support Saturday may have galvanised way team was playing... cannot be a coincidence can it that away teams are benefiting from lack of home support?

Agree mate - Going to look at this over the next few weeks - As you said there is a case to be made .
No Home fans getting on the refs back - No Pressure on Away teams ....and so on .
TopCat CCFC

Postby WestCoastBlue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:51 pm

Fans 100% make a difference. Leeds at home in the FA Cup, Wales v Belgium, Fulham away 2013, Leicester away 2018? Warnock's debut v Bristol?
Would we have scored a 90th minute winner without 5000 fans at the Cottage? 93rd minute winner and one of the best defensive performances without 3000 of the loudest fans at Leicester? A horribly out of form Cardiff beating Bristol in one of the loudest CCS games for years?
The anthem vs Belgium on the ~65 minute mark literally stopped the Belgian players in their tracks and it's one of my favourite footballing memories.
WestCoastBlue

Postby NPCF3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:51 pm

This is quite a good video by TIFO - "Home Advantage Do Fans Make A Difference?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b51f5giz8Jw

In a nutshell though, it's nearly impossible to measure, but we all feel it makes a difference.

For instance, I don't THINK we would've held on against Leicester all those years ago when Gyepes got sent off if the fans hadn't got right behind the team like they did...

But then again, what difference did we make when we faced Man City in the Prem the season before last? :laughing6:

Although I come out and say, the Wales vs. Belgium 1-0 win was clear evidence of fans influencing a result, Belgium noticably stopped playing at times. :thumbup:
NPCF3

Postby NPCF3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:54 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Fans 100% make a difference. Leeds at home in the FA Cup, Wales v Belgium, Fulham away 2013, Leicester away 2018? Warnock's debut v Bristol?
Would we have scored a 90th minute winner without 5000 fans at the Cottage? 93rd minute winner and one of the best defensive performances without 3000 of the loudest fans at Leicester? A horribly out of form Cardiff beating Bristol in one of the loudest CCS games for years?
The anthem vs Belgium on the ~65 minute mark literally stopped the Belgian players in their tracks and it's one of my favourite footballing memories.

Stole my thunder mate, but yeah spot on.

That's the limitation with "science". You some times just have to be there or "feel it", that's the wonderful thing of being human, we all subconsciously see and feel things that can't be explained :thumbright:
NPCF3

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:09 am

NPCF3 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:Fans 100% make a difference. Leeds at home in the FA Cup, Wales v Belgium, Fulham away 2013, Leicester away 2018? Warnock's debut v Bristol?

Stole my thunder mate, but yeah spot on.

That's the limitation with "science". You some times just have to be there or "feel it", that's the wonderful thing of being human, we all subconsciously see and feel things that can't be explained :thumbright:

Cant find a video of that moment in Belgium game does one exist? That moment probably as never been seen at a football game..
pembroke allan

Postby Jackflash » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:28 am

pembroke allan wrote:Is having no fans at grounds making a big difference for away teams?

After lockdown it was noticeable that away teams faired better than home teams? Now same thing appears to be happening start of this season, 50% of away teams in both championship and premier league have won! Forest on good away run but poorer home form

....and Saturday good example city playing badly would a home crowd have helped by getting behind team or getting on teams back for a lack luster performance, instead city never showed any urgency with no crowd to help them..

Ha Ha Ha. That's the best excuse I've heard yet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jackflash

Postby bluebirdrob » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:33 am

Video on YouTube
Wales v Belgium ANTHEM
Don’t know how to post on here
bluebirdrob

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:40 am

Jackflash wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Is having no fans at grounds making a big difference for away teams?

Ha Ha Ha. That's the best excuse I've heard yet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P+++off :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:41 am

bluebirdrob wrote:Video on YouTube
Wales v Belgium ANTHEM
Don’t know how to post on here

Tried that and only does anthem at beginning of game not during game
pembroke allan

Postby Jackflash » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:15 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Did it ever occur to you it depends on who's playing who. Are you saying with some Cardiff supporters at the Liberty the score wouldn't have been 5-1, the other side of the coin is if Swansea supporters were there it probably been a even higher score line.More to the point is if your supporters were present the would have been getting on Cardiffs backs.
You put out your strongest possible side and lost 5-1 I know how difficult it must be to accept that. and if you'd like to have a little wager on the full championship game your on.
Jackflash

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:27 am

Jackflash wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Did it ever occur to you it depends on who's playing who. Are you saying with some Cardiff supporters at the Liberty the score wouldn't have been 5-1, the other side of the coin is if Swansea supporters were there it probably been a even higher score line.More to the point is if your supporters were present the would have been getting on Cardiffs backs.
You put out your strongest possible side and lost 5-1 I know how difficult it must be to accept that. and if you'd like to have a little wager on the full championship game your on.

This thread is talking in general how away teams are doing well with no fans in stadiums

But take it from your reply you are saying your home support doesn't make a difference for your team during a home game either.? Sounds about right......:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Anyway times up pointless arguing with a WUM.. :wave:
pembroke allan

Postby Jackflash » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Jackflash wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

This thread is talking in general how away teams are doing well with no fans in stadiums

But take it from your reply you are saying your home support doesn't make a difference for your team during a home game either.? Sounds about right......:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Can you not accept the fact that you were slaughtered by a better side,
You totally contradict yourself by saying "Away teams fair better". As for "Your saying your home support doesn't make a difference" i suggest you read my post again, I said "If Swansea supporters had been there it probably would have been a higher score line" If you want the address of Specsavers in Pembrokeshire, I'll be happy to oblige.
Jackflash

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Jackflash wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

now come on Allan ..you know that under 23s games are the same as world cup finals..... to some..probably make a few chants up about it
skidemin

Return to General Chat