Embarrassing: " Cardiff City today "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Embarrassing: " Cardiff City today "

Postby darran1927 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I’ve said it a few times, get Osian Roberts into the club in charge of everything down from the under 23’s to the academy.

Stuck in a dead end job in Morocco what a total waste of talent. He’d have his pulse on all the upcoming Welsh lads as well.

Choo and Dalman sort it out.

Agree 100% need to sort out the youth asap
darran1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:13 pm

With all the talk of cost cutting and redundancies, has the cost of the woefully unsuccessful academies and the gurus running them been considered for termination as it looks like a complete waste of money?
Big Hill Blue

Postby Bluebina » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:44 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I’ve said it a few times, get Osian Roberts into the club in charge of everything down from the under 23’s to the academy.

Stuck in a dead end job in Morocco what a total waste of talent. He’d have his pulse on all the upcoming Welsh lads as well.

Choo and Dalman sort it out.

I would like to see him here too :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:47 pm

Mr Potato wrote:There is such a lack of quality at the club. However, I believe Cunningham needs a run of games to get to full match fitness.

If Harris is happy with what we have, we are in for a long season especially if or when tomlin gets injured as we will struggle. He is our only match winner, the only player with quality that can open defences and offer service. Judging by that today, we’ve got not a lot of quality coming through either. That’s embarrassing.

Terrible result but it's only an experimental game, hopefully, we've learned from our mistakes?
Bluebina

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:19 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:There is such a lack of quality at the club. However, I believe Cunningham needs a run of games to get to full match fitness.

If Harris is happy with what we have, we are in for a long season especially if or when tomlin gets injured as we will struggle. He is our only match winner, the only player with quality that can open defences and offer service. Judging by that today, we’ve got not a lot of quality coming through either. That’s embarrassing.

Terrible result but it's only an experimental game, hopefully, we've learned from our mistakes?

indeed, these games are more to do with the 1 or 2 who are most likely to make a matchday squad than the result or half a dozen or so that have very little chance....
skidemin

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:51 pm

What a lot of drama over a game that matters little. If we’d won it I wouldn’t have read anything into it either. Mixture of inexperience and players who need game time. Save your concern for the league as there’s lots of pain ahead and we’ll be looking up at those lot down west all season
Carpe Diem

Postby RICK+CCFC » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:What a lot of drama over a game that matters little. If we’d won it I wouldn’t have read anything into it either. Mixture of inexperience and players who need game time. Save your concern for the league as there’s lots of pain ahead and we’ll be looking up at those lot down west all season

There was a time I’m sure, Many years ago, when a couple of senior squad players would complement an already very good reserve, under 23 squad, and give the manager a few headaches as too the next first team selection. That’s the difference now,,,, and I doubt If NH is a happy man tonight.
RICK+CCFC

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:12 pm

It ultimately comes down to the structure and the resulting culture of this football club. Firstly there isn’t a director of football or a sporting director overseeing the operation. This is inclusive of youth development, recruitment (all levels), legacy planning with coaches and so forth. We don’t even have a ‘football man’ at board level. Hence why we are left with little youth development and truly awful facilities.

It’s depressing to see how short term the club is. There is no 3 year plan, there is no business plan. It’s week to week decisions made my a few businessmen.
exiled12345

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:53 am

High Five For Swansea City In South Wales Derby With Cardiff City’s U23s

Posted on 14th September 2020 by Terry Phillips

By Terry Phillips

Swansea City dominated the latest South Wales derby, crushing Cardiff City 5-1 at home in an under-23 fixture.

The Swans powered into a three-goal lead by half-time and maintained their grip to win the Professional Development League clash.

Jon Grey, the Swansea Academy coach who was born and bred in the city, was happy with his team, while Cardiff’s Steve Morison has plenty to work on.

What was worrying for Steve Morison was how he team collapsed with no fight.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:53 am

As poor as the last two results have been, I think people need to calm down a bit. One loss in the league and people are putting us in a relegation battle. It was only two weeks ago this forum was full of 'Harris has proven me wrong' and 'he deserves a lot of credit' posts. Two poor results later and people are opening the door for him and blaming him for the lack of quality in the squad and how poor our youth setup is. He is trying something new with what is available to him. It hasn't worked out so far so I'd imagine he'll change it around again like he did last season - there were similar meltdowns on here and tipping us for relegation after those poor results last season as well.
Escott1927

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:32 pm

Escott1927 wrote:As poor as the last two results have been, I think people need to calm down a bit. One loss in the league and people are putting us in a relegation battle. It was only two weeks ago this forum was full of 'Harris has proven me wrong' and 'he deserves a lot of credit' posts. Two poor results later and people are opening the door for him and blaming him for the lack of quality in the squad and how poor our youth setup is. He is trying something new with what is available to him. It hasn't worked out so far so I'd imagine he'll change it around again like he did last season - there were similar meltdowns on here and tipping us for relegation after those poor results last season as well.

Unfortunately, a few of those posters who you refer to,were tipping us for a relegation scrap,the minute Harris was appointed,before a ball was kicked! Apart from nml,he has the same squad left by Warnock, with the addition of two kids on loan,and one player signed on a contract for more than a season.he must have looked at the youth set up,and concluded that no players were taking that next step up,so has changed things, to create a pathway for the youngsters to the 1st team squad.something the previous incumbent failed to do? As no youngsters broke through under him either.
I am genuinely shocked at the response of some,after one defeat in the league,! Yes we were poor,and for me,I believe the nml saga is having an effect on some of the players,why? Don't really know, but will guess that a few know what's happened,and are maybe finding it hard to believe,as the manager has said himself"it was serious enough to warrant the action taken by the club" in time I guess we will know more, but I'm sure they would have had a kick up the arse after the Wednesday game,let's hope so :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:As poor as the last two results have been, I think people need to calm down a bit. One loss in the league and people are putting us in a relegation battle. It was only two weeks ago this forum was full of 'Harris has proven me wrong' and 'he deserves a lot of credit' posts. Two poor results later and people are opening the door for him and blaming him for the lack of quality in the squad and how poor our youth setup is. He is trying something new with what is available to him. It hasn't worked out so far so I'd imagine he'll change it around again like he did last season - there were similar meltdowns on here and tipping us for relegation after those poor results last season as well.

Unfortunately, a few of those posters who you refer to,were tipping us for a relegation scrap,the minute Harris was appointed,before a ball was kicked! Apart from nml,he has the same squad left by Warnock, with the addition of two kids on loan,and one player signed on a contract for more than a season.he must have looked at the youth set up,and concluded that no players were taking that next step up,so has changed things, to create a pathway for the youngsters to the 1st team squad.something the previous incumbent failed to do? As no youngsters broke through under him either.
I am genuinely shocked at the response of some,after one defeat in the league,! Yes we were poor,and for me,I believe the nml saga is having an effect on some of the players,why? Don't really know, but will guess that a few know what's happened,and are maybe finding it hard to believe,as the manager has said himself"it was serious enough to warrant the action taken by the club" in time I guess we will know more, but I'm sure they would have had a kick up the arse after the Wednesday game,let's hope so :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Not sure what NML could have done to have such a negative impact on the performance of the squad. Guess it'll come out eventually. Personally, I think (i hope anyway as it can be easily changed) that Harris has got the tactics in both games wrong. 5 at the back was a disaster and we tried to pass it through a team who put a lot of players behind the ball, wingers constantly cutting inside to take a shot on their stronger foot instead of sticking a cross in the box.
Escott1927

Postby HarriRhys22 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 pm

It’s getting more embarrassing, Wurzels hammered Northampton 4-0 in 2nd round of Cup! Glad we didn’t play Wurzels it could have been 7-0!
HarriRhys22

Previous

Return to General Chat