I personally think / What’s upsetting and worrying City fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:01 am

My View:

Cardiff City fans like to see see fight / passion / pride in their team and never say die attitudes and can accept defeat if they can at least see that, but we are not seeing that.

Neil Harris says the same.

But in my opinion what’s really upsetting and worrying Cardiff City fans and myself is that v Northampton and Sheff Wednesday we saw none of that, besides the lack of quality.

In both games Cardiff did not seem up for it and that hopefully will be rectified v Nottingham Forest this Saturday.
The lack of quality that’s down to Harris, but he insists he he is happy with the size and quality of his squad.

So there for City fans are asking to see fight in the team :bluebird:

Then we had a strong Cardiff City team play Swansea City under 23’s in the league 2 game and saw Cardiff not just beaten but absolutely hammered with no fight again.
The new coach there Steve Morison was appointed through Neil Harris who asked for his own back up team and has it now and the Cardiff City Committee agreed.

Thankfully we are only a couple of games in and the fight/spirit can be rectified :bluebird: :bluebird: but as to strengthening, personally I see the squad thinner and less quality there , but Harris and the Committee are happy with what we have.
Attachments
AA397D4D-8E15-4B7B-946B-91A55B69AA67.jpeg
AA397D4D-8E15-4B7B-946B-91A55B69AA67.jpeg (130.16 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I personally think / What’s upset and worrying City fans

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 am

Fight, pride, never say die...these are the qualities we all want to see from the team on the pitch.

As you quite rightly say, quality may be missing BUT any lack of commitment to the cause is not accepted or tolerated.

NH has repeatedly said he is happy with the set up and squad. Probably as he knows there is little chance of signing anyone unless on a free or loan.

He has insisted on his own crew to develop and nurture the youngsters as Mr Tan has directed.

The post covid break showed the togetherness and spirit we expect and was a genuinely pleasing turnaround in the play and subsequent results.

This proved we can do it so let's hope for a return to last seasons run in.

Onwards and upwards!!

:)
Big Hill Blue

Re: I personally think / What’s upsetting and worrying City

Postby Mr Potato » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 am

I think what is more worrying is lack of options. Sometimes players need a kick in the backside, for example, if Bennett has a mare it doesn’t matter he knows he’s a shoe in next game as we don’t have cover. It’s the same all over the park until you get to striker. We’ve got too many players who underperform but get picked week in week out.

This is because Harris has his favourites or because the back up is not good enough. Let’s face it, most sides brick it through the window for fear of their best players leaving. We don’t have that problem, we’ve off loaded our second choice goalie and some kids. No one is coming in for our players. And if they did, most people would drive them there. Instead we are total opposite, we are desperately hoping for some added quality.

It’s a poor squad that will get results with tomlin in it because he is good enough- fingers crossed he stays fit.
Mr Potato

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 am

FB Replies:
Attachments
985F86F2-F244-4047-8461-66AE398FF29F.jpeg
985F86F2-F244-4047-8461-66AE398FF29F.jpeg (156.79 KiB) Viewed 5253 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 am

The lack of quality is not Harris's fault though really. He's had 1 transfer window which is hard to do business in and the current window (which is still open) where all clubs are struggling financially. Hes barely had any financial backing to bring in the quality the squad needs. Hes trying to change things with the limited options he's got and it hasnt worked so far. He got us to 5th last season despite a very poor start under Warnock. The aim was top 6 and he got us there despite playing catch up all season. So why would he say the squad isn't strong ? Like he's going to say the sqaud is shit and there's no hope of a top 6 finish, anyway. It took him a while to find the balance last season - resulting in meltdowns from people on here - so id imagine it'll be the same this season if performances/results dont improve.

Its never nice to lose to swansea at anything but our youth setup has been nonexistent for the last decade or so. Is this result a surprise really? Not sure why people are using it as a reason to slate Harris.
Escott1927

Postby CCFC_Ok » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 am

Escott1927 wrote:The lack of quality is not Harris's fault though really. He's had 1 transfer window which is hard to do business in and the current window (which is still open) where all clubs are struggling financially. Hes barely had any financial backing to bring in the quality the squad needs. Hes trying to change things with the limited options he's got and it hasnt worked so far. He got us to 5th last season despite a very poor start under Warnock. The aim was top 6 and he got us there despite playing catch up all season. So why would he say the squad isn't strong ? Like he's going to say the sqaud is shit and there's no hope of a top 6 finish, anyway. It took him a while to find the balance last season - resulting in meltdowns from people on here - so id imagine it'll be the same this season if performances/results dont improve.

Its never nice to lose to swansea at anything but our youth setup has been nonexistent for the last decade or so. Is this result a surprise really? Not sure why people are using it as a reason to slate Harris.

Completely agree. The quality hasn’t been there for many seasons. The squad overachieved to get to the prem, we recruited poorly when we were there. We then failed to replace key players such as gunnarson who still hasn’t been properly replaced. We then overachieved under Harris to reach the playoffs.
CCFC_Ok

Postby Mr Potato » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 am

100% agree, the money wasted was Warnock who upped and left quick sharpish when he knew. Harris worked wonders last year but football is unforgiving and as it is his squad now, he will need to address the lack of quality.
Mr Potato

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:42 am

FB Replies
Attachments
D8F5DCA7-24A3-4727-B2F7-C5A92B8F827B.jpeg
D8F5DCA7-24A3-4727-B2F7-C5A92B8F827B.jpeg (217.46 KiB) Viewed 4771 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:44 am

Escott1927 wrote:The lack of quality is not Harris's fault though really. He's had 1 transfer window which is hard to do business in and the current window (which is still open) where all clubs are struggling financially. Hes barely had any financial backing to bring in the quality the squad needs. Hes trying to change things with the limited options he's got and it hasnt worked so far. He got us to 5th last season despite a very poor start under Warnock. The aim was top 6 and he got us there despite playing catch up all season. So why would he say the squad isn't strong ? Like he's going to say the sqaud is shit and there's no hope of a top 6 finish, anyway. It took him a while to find the balance last season - resulting in meltdowns from people on here - so id imagine it'll be the same this season if performances/results dont improve.

Harris has stated strongly on numerous times he believes he has quality and a big squad his words and he says he is a straight talking manager .

No
One is forcing him to say he is happy with his squad as it is.

If you feel your squad is weak you say and ask to strengthen end of common sense .

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:08 am

Reply Twitter Sion Holt:

They’re certainly my concerns! Squad short on quality large on inconsistency and old mediocre players. Vaulks aside short on passion. Tomlin injury prone and twilight. No fight in this side and a manager low on ideas, originality and passion. It’s all non plussed and bland.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:15 am

Something has happened in the background to cuase this. Most likely related to the NML saga.
Bakedalasker

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Harris has stated strongly on numerous times he believes he has quality and a big squad his words and he says he is a straight talking manager .

No

If you feel your squad is weak you say and ask to strengthen end of common sense .

You kept repeating that message last season too - until our results picked up and then you stopped. Now performances have been poor you're constantly repeating it again.

I would imagine Harris is asking the board for backing to bring players in - what manager doesn't ask for financial backing to improve the squad? If he is asked a question regarding the squad he has to answer it as a manager and not a fan. There is nothing to gain from publicly saying the team is weak. We can all see what is required which means so can Harris. He has said recently he wants to bring in players so he is obviously aware of the issues and what areas need improving. Whether we bring in the quality we need we will soon find out. But if we don't, it is probably due to what players and how much money is available rather than because of Harris.
Escott1927

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I really hope Harris is asking for backing to improve this squad :bluebird:
No

You kept repeating that message last season too - until our results picked up and then you stopped. Now performances have been poor you're constantly repeating it again.

I would imagine Harris is asking the board for backing to bring players in - what manager doesn't ask for financial backing to improve the squad? If he is asked a question regarding the squad he has to answer it as a manager and not a fan. There is nothing to gain from publicly saying the team is weak. We can all see what is required which means so can Harris. He has said recently he wants to bring in players so he is obviously aware of the issues and what areas need improving. Whether we bring in the quality we need we will soon find out. But if we don't, it is probably due to what players and how much money is available rather than because of Harris.

I am only repeating Neil Harris words that he keeps repeating in every press conference, so he can but I can’t?
Why fans are not allowed to have their say,l?
Are you a dictator?

I was well chuffed Harris did well last season and I was glad he proved me wrong.
But I always saw passion /pride from his team last season.

At this current moment I am not seeing that and that’s all I am skint for or are saying I am not allowed my opinion?

You might like passion and pride , but I do as so so many others :bluebird:

I will also say that this seasons squad I feel has less quality , sorry that it upsets you see other fans views different than yours but this is not a dictatorship.

Harris proved himself last season, so should be backed if he says needs more players.

But I will repeat again, my major concern so far is lack of pride / passion and desire by our players and Harris hopefully will get that back on track this weekend.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No

I am only repeating Neil Harris words that he keeps repeating in every press conference, so he can but I can’t?
Are you a dictator?

I was well chuffed Harris did well last season and I was glad he proved me wrong.

At this current moment I am not seeing that and that’s all I am skint for or are saying I am not allowed my opinion?

I will also say that this seasons squad I feel has less quality , sorry that it upsets you see other fans views different than yours but this is not a dictatorship.

You only seem to make a big deal out of that point when things aren't go well for us though. Harris says we have a strong squad. which is true, we finished 5th last season for a reason. The squad hasn't changed that much from last year. We have lost one regular starter (NML) who is clearly a loss but even he was inconsistent and injured quite a lot.

This is a public forum mate. You put your opinion on here and people will agree or disagree with you. At what point have I told you what you can or cannot say? I just disagree with a point you keep making across multiple threads. You have had your say, as a fan am I not allowed to have mine as well? The squad is lacking quality and pace big time. I have been saying that since the start of last season on here. I don't think that is Harris fault though. He hasnt had the financial backing to change that.
Escott1927

Postby Blue Diver » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:22 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No

Are you a dictator?

You only seem to make a big deal out of that point when things aren't go well for us though. Harris says we have a strong squad. which is true, we finished 5th last season for a reason. The squad hasn't changed that much from last year. We have lost one regular starter (NML) who is clearly a loss but even he was inconsistent and injured quite a lot.

This is a public forum mate. You put your opinion on here and people will agree or disagree with you. At what point have I told you what you can or cannot say? I just disagree with a point you keep making across multiple threads. You have had your say, as a fan am I not allowed to have mine as well? The squad is lacking quality and pace big time. I have been saying that since the start of last season on here. I don't think that is Harris fault though. He hasnt had the financial backing to change that.
Blue Diver

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No

Are you a dictator?

Your allowed your say as a fan as much as me or anyone else, but then don’t tell Me I can’t repeat myself or say things again as I am allowed my my opinion as many times as I like as I only say what I honestly believe.
Just because you disagree, just give your different opinion and respect others.

And by the way, if you read the topic carefully all I was mostly asking for is more passion / pride and determination by our team, I can take defeats but if it looks like they are not giving there all.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Something has happened in the background to cuase this. Most likely related to the NML saga.

Totally agree, something is not quite right

It not very often over the last 3/4 years that a City team has been outfought but it has happened in the last 2 consecutive games which to me says all is not right in the camp
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Jasonccfc » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:My View:

Cardiff City fans like to see see fight / passion / pride in their team and never say die attitudes and can accept defeat if they can at least see that, but we are not seeing that.

But in my opinion what’s really upsetting and worrying Cardiff City fans and myself is that v Northampton and Sheff Wednesday we saw none of that, besides the lack of quality.

In both games Cardiff did not seem up for it and that hopefully will be rectified v Nottingham Forest this Saturday.
The lack of quality that’s down to Harris, but he insists he he is happy with the size and quality of his squad.

Then we had a strong Cardiff City team play Swansea City under 23’s in the league 2 game and saw Cardiff not just beaten but absolutely hammered with no fight again.
The new coach there Steve Morison was appointed through Neil Harris who asked for his own back up team and has it now and the Cardiff City Committee agreed.

Thankfully we are only a couple of games in and the fight/spirit can be rectified :bluebird: :bluebird: but as to strengthening, personally I see the squad thinner and less quality there , but Harris and the Committee are happy with what we have.

Whose upset?? :lol: :lol: We have lost two games if some fans are getting upset then theres no hope :lol: :lol:
Jasonccfc

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:33 am

Concerning - well, yes, it is.

But we are only two games ( 1 League) into a new season and the doom and gloom merchants on here are already writing us off.

Let’s give it a couple of months before we start moaning. We aren’t the only team to lose our first league game of the season so let’s keep things in perspective
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby JulesK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 am

Coincidence? I think not....
NML situation upsetting a few? Maybe but I do find it concerning that after being asked to take a pay cut , we see so much lack of commitment, passion and attitude.

Which begs the question, how many are playing for the badge and how many are just playing for the wedge?
Oh where has the good old pro from yesteryear gone :old:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am

Jasonccfc wrote:

Whose upset?? :lol: :lol: We have lost two games if some fans are getting upset then theres no hope :lol: :lol:

Jason, a little shocked at you as three games in my opinion that do matter, there was No passion/pride or heart from our players and yes that disappoints me.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:49 am

no fight...didnt win a single header or challenge ..they passed it around as if we were cones and on the odd occasion we had the ball they promptly took it off us with ease and attacked again and again.... 6 nil should have been 26... lose =- no fight.. .just no.
skidemin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:51 pm

skidemin wrote:no fight...didnt win a single header or challenge ..they passed it around as if we were cones and on the odd occasion we had the ball they promptly took it off us with ease and attacked again and again.... 6 nil should have been 26... lose =- no fight.. .just no.

This is exactly what I was trying to say and we need to see that this Saturday, fight, passion and pride :thumbright: :bluebird: it’s not a lot to ask for.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jasonccfc » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:

Jason, a little shocked at you as three games in my opinion that do matter, there was No passion/pride or heart from our players and yes that disappoints me.

It is concerning but not worth over reacting. If we were 10 or 15 games in then it would be very worrying but after just a few games it's hardly upsetting.
Jasonccfc

Return to General Chat