RCT imminent lockdown

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RCT imminent lockdown

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 pm

What a complete shambles. The rules make no sense and kids from all households are still mixing in school and bringing the viruses home whatever they may be. Sick of this government as they haven't got a clue what they are doing.
FOOTSOLDIER

RCT imminent lockdown

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: RCT imminent lockdown

Postby ion » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 pm

I got to say people keep blaming the government it's not them you should be moaning at ,loads up the valleys have not followed the rules from the beginning ,they have still kept partying ,and drinking in large groups ,going to each others houses etc ,my neighbor was telling me she works with a few from Merthyr etc and they have been boasting from the beginning how they are still having parties and that , now there moaning ,you can lead a horse to water.
ion

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:24 pm

The government have an impossible task so many ignoring everything and not giving a shit, and schools sending kids with a cold home and demanding they get a test before they come back, they are using up all the tests !!!
Bluebina

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Exactly why lockdown is a joke, people are still going to ignore the rules. Sheild the vulnerable and let society carry-on and if pubs are one of the main culprits for spreading the virus then close the pubs untill further notice as they are not essential.
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:What a complete shambles. The rules make no sense and kids from all households are still mixing in school and bringing the viruses home whatever they may be. Sick of this government as they haven't got a clue what they are doing.

how many infections ?
skidemin

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:18 pm

skidemin wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:What a complete shambles. The rules make no sense and kids from all households are still mixing in school and bringing the viruses home whatever they may be. Sick of this government as they haven't got a clue what they

how many infections ?

Who ever you choose to believe!
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 pm

A second county in Wales will go into lockdown because of the rate of coronavirus cases.

The 240,000 people living in Rhondda Cynon Taff will have restrictions imposed on their daily lives.

From 18:00 BST on Thursday, people will not be able to enter or leave the area without a reasonable excuse, such as travel for work or education.

All licensed pubs, bars and restaurants will have to shut at 23:00 every day, once the lockdown comes into effect.

Rules allowing people to meet others from their extended households indoors will be suspended in the county.

Health Minister Vaughan Gething said there had been a "rapid" rise in cases, with 82.1 infections per 100,000 people over the past seven days.

The latest equivalent figure across the whole of Wales is 21.4 per 100,000.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:49 pm

There has been single figure deaths since August 8th with this virus. Dont let anyone fool you into thinking we have to continue with restrictions and lockdowns as the figures are there to be seen.
We all know we cant go to our parents yet its okay to go to the pub. It doesn't make any sense yet people follow government guidelines without questioning it.
Wake up and think for yourselves
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Mr Potato » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:51 pm

These local lockdowns are merely a political exercise. They are also mostly if not all in labour run areas - conveniently.
It’s all an absolute con and everyone is falling for it.
Mr Potato

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Mr Potato wrote:These local lockdowns are merely a political exercise. They are also mostly if not all in labour run areas - conveniently.

The only con is and always has been are the figs given out each day - Fact .
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:A second county in Wales will go into lockdown because of the rate of coronavirus cases.

The 240,000 people living in Rhondda Cynon Taff will have restrictions imposed on their daily lives.

From 18:00 BST on Thursday, people will not be able to enter or leave the area without a reasonable excuse, such as travel for work or education.

All licensed pubs, bars and restaurants will have to shut at 23:00 every day, once the lockdown comes into effect.

Rules allowing people to meet others from their extended households indoors will be suspended in the county.

Health Minister Vaughan Gething said there had been a "rapid" rise in cases, with 82.1 infections per 100,000 people over the past seven days.

The latest equivalent figure across the whole of Wales is 21.4 per 100,000.

so that 0.08 % and 0.02% across Wales... i wonder how much lower those figures would be if only ill people qualified ?
skidemin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:45 pm

Wednesday's rate of positive tests for the past week in RCT was 5.1% - the highest in Wales. Mr Gething previously warned a positive rate of 4% across Wales would trigger a national lockdown. The Wales average is 2.4%.

Figures on Wednesday showed RCT's case rate had almost caught up with Caerphilly, which had 83.4 per 100,000 people over the past seven days.

The lockdown restrictions have been imposed despite people in RCT having been asked to take extra precautions last week.

A review into the lockdown will be held in two weeks' time.

Contact tracing teams have been able to trace about half of the coronavirus cases in RCT "back to a series of clusters within the borough", Mr Gething told a press conference.

"The rest are evidence of community transmission."
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:There has been single figure deaths since August 8th with this virus. Dont let anyone fool you into thinking we have to continue with restrictions and lockdowns as the figures are there to be seen.
We all know we cant go to our parents yet its okay to go to the pub. It doesn't make any sense yet people follow government guidelines without questioning it.
Wake up and think for yourselves

hmmm..its a strange one mate... people follow 90% of government guidelines.. break the 10% that suits them and then point fingers at people whose 10% is different to theirs... and there are people who have been in taxis, buses, trains, pubs, restaurants , in airports, on planes and on holidays ,admitted all somehow legal.. finger pointing at youngsters....???????????????????????

its called do as i say not what i do..or hypocrisy ..take your pick.
skidemin

Postby epping blue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Mr Potato wrote:These local lockdowns are merely a political exercise. They are also mostly if not all in labour run areas - conveniently.

So you think Westminster is telling the Welsh assembly to lockdown a couple of Labour areas as some sort of propaganda exercise. And then you think the Labour controlled welsh assembly have gone along with it ! Do you really think that's what's happened ?

Whether its London, Cardiff or Edinburgh they see rising infections as a serious threat. Look at the original outbreak, by the end of January probably no more than a handful of people had contracted the virus. By the end of February it probably reached the high hundreds a day. By the end of March, its likely that in excess of 100k a day were catching it and month later death rates peaked at a thousand a day. Why cant that happen again ? Social distancing and other measures together with some community immunity will hopefully dampen the progress. Look at Spain, little comment rising infections of the last month. Today 239 died.

If we have to enter another full lock down it will be a catastrophe for the economy. Respect this disease and we can live with it, we have to.
epping blue

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:52 pm

what is convenient about a Labour government locking down Labour areas... do you think labour voters will be more accepting ?
skidemin

Postby Mr Potato » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Westminster isn’t telling this government anything at all! Wales makes its own rules on Covid as do all councils in England die to powers given.
Mr Potato

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:09 pm

skidemin wrote:

what is convenient about a Labour government locking down Labour areas... do you think labour voters will be more accepting ?

I was wondering the same actually. I think it’s OTT but I’ve heard the word ‘con’ mentioned and I can’t see how. Maybe I’m missing something.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I was wondering the same actually. I think it’s OTT but I’ve heard the word ‘con’ mentioned and I can’t see how. Maybe I’m missing something.

same here, i think its OTT also ,i think more and more are but, i do not understand the point about Labour at all..
skidemin

Postby Bluebina » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:54 am

A coach full of 40 and 50 year olds go on a coach piss up to Doncaster races stopping at pubs along the way :lol:

hmmmm I wonder why there is a problem ;)
Bluebina

Postby Mr Potato » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Bluebina wrote:A coach full of 40 and 50 year olds go on a coach piss up to Doncaster races stopping at pubs along the way :lol:

That wasn’t quite what was explained to us though was it? In fact it was nothing like how it was sold to us by the health minister for Wales.
Mr Potato

Postby Mr Potato » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Bluebina wrote:A coach full of 40 and 50 year olds go on a coach piss up to Doncaster races stopping at pubs along the way :lol:

That wasn’t quite what was explained to us though was it? In fact it was nothing like how it was sold to us by the health minister for Wales.
Mr Potato

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:55 pm

What's the true story with this Doncaster races thing?

Honest question cos I have hered snippets on the news and a family member mentioned something but what's the actual true story?
RV Casual

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:16 pm

RV Casual wrote:What's the true story with this Doncaster races thing?

Honest question cos I have hered snippets on the news and a family member mentioned something but what's the actual true story?

they went to Doncaster on a coach ,but did not attend the races ..which was not illegal or against rules anymore than flying abroad in a much more restricted environment with more people.
people being very selective as to what flies and what does not.... do as i say not as i do....
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Mr Potato wrote:

Gethin has been asked for an apology.... this pointing fingers at easy targets is crap... its much easier to blame 40 blokes on a coach than 10s of thousands flying abroad..
skidemin

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:19 pm

skidemin wrote:

they went to Doncaster on a coach ,but did not attend the races ..which was not illegal or against rules anymore than flying abroad in a much more restricted environment with more people.
people being very selective as to what flies and what does not.... do as i say not as i do....

OK thanks mate, sounds a bit daft to be honest from a few sides but as you say let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
RV Casual

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 pm

RV Casual wrote:
skidemin wrote:

OK thanks mate, sounds a bit daft to be honest from a few sides but as you say let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

yes it does... but both jumping on that coach and flying abroad in my eyes are similar.. both legal and within rules.... and both could be seen as irresponsible and selfish.. .. personally im fine with both but people thinking one is ok because they wanted to do it then finger pointing at the other... nah...
skidemin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 pm

Coronavirus: Club treasurer's anger over Doncaster trip claim

A club treasurer says his venue has been "dragged through the mud" after Wales' health minister linked a coronavirus cluster with a Doncaster trip some of his members went on.

Phillip Brown said the Lindsay Cons Club had been "virtually blamed" for the spread in Rhondda Cynon Taf.

His club had to close days before the trip because of Covid-19 fears - with a number of people later becoming sick.

Vaughan Gething mentioned the trip when he announced the area's lockdown.

During a televised Welsh Government press conference on Wednesday, he gave examples of clusters of coronavirus cases in Rhondda Cynon Taf (RCT), including one associated "with a club outing to the Doncaster races, which stopped off at a series of pubs on the way".

The health minister did not name the club involved, although this later emerged, and Mr Brown said it had been an "absolute disgrace" how Mr Gething had dealt with the situation.

The minister also faced criticism from political rivals after he said the group travelled to Doncaster races - when it later emerged they did not attend the actual racecourse.

Mr Brown, treasurer of the club in Abercynon, said the bus trip itself was not run by the venue and was organised by someone who was not a member.

He said four or five of his members went and stayed in Doncaster for two nights, before returning on Sunday.

It was an annual journey to the races, but on this occasion the group did not attend the racecourse itself.

He said he thought they probably did go to some pubs in Doncaster, but did not stop at any on the way, as the minister said.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Experience Yorkshire's Classic 9-12 September 2020 -

Easy to work this one out - As posted on some thread on here - I Said this meeting after Day 1 Weds 9th Sept ...
Was not open to the public - therefore the 10th : 11th : 12th Sept - The races were ran behind close doors .

He said four or five of his members went and stayed in Doncaster for two nights, before returning on Sunday.
This is the above quote - which means they would / should have known the venue was closed to the public ;)
That's why they never went to the track - :o
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:56 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Experience Yorkshire's Classic 9-12 September 2020 -

Easy to work this one out - As posted on some thread on here - I Said this meeting after Day 1 Weds 9th Sept ...
Was not open to the public - therefore the 10th : 11th : 12th Sept - The races were ran behind close doors .

This is the above quote - which means they would / should have known the venue was closed to the public ;)
That's why they never went to the track - :o

they had not bought tickets... and its really not unusual for blokes to go on trips to events where its a lot more about the trip than the event... happens with rugby very frequently..
skidemin

Postby Bluebina » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 am

skidemin wrote:

Yes a coach piss up would be perhaps comparable to an 18-30's type piss up weeks holiday in Zante :thumbup:
Bluebina

Next

Return to General Chat