Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Former Liverpool striker Neil Mellor believes Cardiff City

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 pm

Former Liverpool striker Neil Mellor believes Cardiff City are well equipped to challenge for promotion this term.

The Bluebirds have endured a tough start to the new campaign having been dumped out of the Carabao Cup by Northampton Town before losing 2-0 to Sheffield Wednesday in their Championship opener.

However, Mellor believes Cardiff have looked strong under Neil Harris so far, with the former professional turned pundit stating Norwich City and Millwall are also set to be in the mix to go up.

“I think everybody will look at the obvious names that have been relegated. I think Norwich are probably best-equipped out of the three teams that have been relegated," he told Football League World.

“But I’m looking at a bit more of a surprise package. I think that Cardiff will go well this year again, I think they looked really strong under Neil Harris last season.

“I also think Millwall for an outside bet for the top-six this season under Gary Rowett. I’ve been really impressed watching them, and there hasn’t been too much change there, couple of good players being brought in like [Ryan] Woods and [Mason] Bennett who can add to the quality they have to challenge for the play-offs.”

Harris' troops return to action against Nottingham Forest at the City Ground on Saturday.

Kick-off against Sabri Lamouchi's men is at 12:30pm.

Re: Former Liverpool striker Neil Mellor believes Cardiff Ci

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:25 pm

Let's be fair - Most of us have / had the same thoughts after the way we played - coming back from Covid Break .