UPDATE " GARETH BALE COMPLETES MOVE BACK TO PREMIER LEAGUE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:51 pm

CONFIRMED:

Gareth Bale completed his emotional return to Tottenham on Wednesday night in a move that was driven by Jose Mourinho.

The Wales international has agreed terms on a year-long deal that Sportsmail understands to be worth more than £13million – part of which will be financed by Real Madrid – and he is relishing the prospect of relaunching his career at the club that propelled him to stardom.

The extremely reliable Fabrizio Romano:

Gareth Bale to Tottenham, here we go! Last details to be sorted about salary [shared with Real Madrid] and Gareth will fly tomorrow to London. He’ll complete medicals and join #THFC - one year loan. Mourinho approved the deal. Reguilon expected for tomorrow too [100% done].

UPDATED

Bale is BACK! Tottenham seal return for Welsh winger on a season-long loan from Real Madrid costing £13m in wages after Jose Mourinho drove the deal

By Dominic King and Sami Mokbel

Gareth Bale completed his emotional return to Tottenham on Wednesday night in a move that was driven by Jose Mourinho.

The Wales international has agreed terms on a year-long deal that Sportsmail understands to be worth more than £13million – part of which will be financed by Real Madrid – and he is relishing the prospect of relaunching his career at the club that propelled him to stardom.

Bale's return to North London, seven years after he was sold to Madrid for a the world record fee of £90m, is laced with sentiment but it was a move that Mourinho, Tottenham's manager, felt was absolutely imperative following his side's dismal 1-0 defeat to Everton last Sunday.

Mourinho was adamant that Tottenham needed Bale's drive and dynamism to enliven Tottenham's attack and negotiations accelerated following discussion with Chairman Daniel Levy.

It is understood no players will go in the opposite direction.

The deal for Bale stands as a separate transaction as Tottenham will also move for Sergio Reguilon, Real Madrid's left-back who has also been linked with Manchester United, on Thursday.

He is due to undergo a medical and will sign a five-year with Tottenham, paying £27million fee.

Mourinho had been coy earlier in the day when quizzed on how close a deal was to bring Bale back to north London.

While initially intimating he would make no comment, the Portuguese eventually revealed his admiration for the Welshman - a nod to how much he wanted to get the player.

'I tried to sign him for Real Madrid which was not possible to do during my time there,' Mourinho said in his Wednesday press conference. 'But the president followed my instinct and my knowledge and the season I left he brought Gareth to the club.

'There is no secret on that. Even Gareth knows that. But I'm not going to speak about him anymore because he is a Real Madrid player.'

Eric Dier, who will now become a team-mate of Bale's, insisted prior to Sportsmail's exclusive story confirming the deal that the players had not discussed Bale's return in their squad WhatsApp chat.

But the defender described it as an 'extremely exciting' time for the club to bring back one of the game's finest attackers.

'From the fans' point of view, when you're linked with a player of that level, it's extremely exciting for any club,' Dier said.

'For me personally it doesn't really effect me in any way. It's not the first time and it won't be the last time.

Bale became a fan favourite at Spurs where he scored 56 goals and provided 58 assists in 203 appearances.

In 2012-13 he was crowned Tottenham's Player of the Year and also claimed the PFA Players' Player of the Year, PFA Young Player of the Year, Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year and Premier League Player of the Season award.

He was the Premier League's most impressive player and Real Madrid were aggressive in the transfer market in bringing him in to partner Cristiano Ronaldo at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Attachments
7F666CC4-A581-49E4-8455-56223D28A390.jpeg
7F666CC4-A581-49E4-8455-56223D28A390.jpeg (54.79 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: REPORT " GARETH BALE COMPLETES MOVE BACK TO PREMIER LEAG

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:03 pm

I don’t get why a year only though?
maccydee

Postby WestCoastBlue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 pm

maccydee wrote:I don’t get why a year only though?

He’s only got a year left on his contract at Madrid
WestCoastBlue

Postby wez1927 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

He’s only got a year left on his contract at Madrid

2 years hes got left on his real contract 56 million pound in wages aparently
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 pm

said on a previous thread that i didnt think this would happen for that reason... in a years time he is a year older and Madrid get the problem back .. makes no sense..
skidemin

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 pm

This is great news for Gareth, for Tottenham Hotspur and for Gymru. Supporters will need to have a little patience whilst he gets back into the pace of the Premier League but I'm sure he will deliver big time
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebird04 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 pm

skidemin wrote:

said on a previous thread that i didnt think this would happen for that reason... in a years time he is a year older and Madrid get the problem back .. makes no sense..

Even one year is a smart move. For the past few years now the real Madrid story has really been the Gareth bale story. Madrid win, media all focus on how bale behaved in the stands, whether or not he played.. Madrid lose and its, bale didn't even get on. Just imagine Madrid this year had a bad season, the Spanish media will all be focusing on it and will include things like, Zidane leaves £80m man on the bench.. Madrid lose, they needed someone like bale on
bluebird04

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Even one year is a smart move. For the past few years now the real Madrid story has really been the Gareth bale story. Madrid win, media all focus on how bale behaved in the stands, whether or not he played.. Madrid lose and its, bale didn't even get on. Just imagine Madrid this year had a bad season, the Spanish media will all be focusing on it and will include things like, Zidane leaves £80m man on the bench.. Madrid lose, they needed someone like bale on

its the one year i was getting at.. yes mate if they have a not great season and Bale a half decent one it all starts up for them again...
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Sven wrote:This is great news for Gareth, for Tottenham Hotspur and for Gymru. Supporters will need to have a little patience whilst he gets back into the pace of the Premier League but I'm sure he will deliver big time

yes it is, he looked a bit rusty in the last games so can only be good..
skidemin

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:This is great news for Gareth, for Tottenham Hotspur and for Gymru. Supporters will need to have a little patience whilst he gets back into the pace of the Premier League but I'm sure he will deliver big time

yes it is, he looked a bit rusty in the last games so can only be good..

I remember discussing the ery topic with you the other night, :thumbup: for whatever reason it's happened,and as I said with Madrid paying a chunk of his wage too ;) as we agreed,he had every right to sit there at Madrid and get paid,but am glad as a wales fan,he is going to be playing at a high level still,which is great news for us :old: :bluebird: :thumbup:
bluesince62

Postby Bluebina » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:29 am

skidemin wrote:

Ha ha well done Bale you won the battle with Zidane, you got away from Madrid, you'll get to play in the premiership and show that bellend what he's missing, and left them no option but to loan you out and keep contract with Madrid still paying most of your wages :laughing6: :thumbup:

They tried to freeze him out, they tried to bully him, but Bale stood his ground and won the battle :thumbup:

I am looking forward to seeing him and Mourinho smiling again :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Logie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:51 am

Even the 1 year loan is good for RM as it gets them £20 mil, all the spanish clubs in mega debt
Logie

Re: UPDATE " GARETH BALE COMPLETES MOVE BACK TO PREMIER LEAG

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 am

The extremely reliable Fabrizio Romano:

Gareth Bale to Tottenham, here we go! Last details to be sorted about salary [shared with Real Madrid] and Gareth will fly tomorrow to London. He’ll complete medicals and join #THFC - one year loan. Mourinho approved the deal. Reguilon expected for tomorrow too [100% done].
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby BC-CB » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 pm

It can only be good for Wales, if he gets regular games again. Looked a shadow of his former self in recent internationals but has still not let us down.
BC-CB

Postby phildavies » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 pm

skidemin wrote:

Makes perfect sense for Spurs as they can see wether he is going to be any good or not and if he is going to injured all the time. If he plays well and stays fit they will likely do a similar thing next year or he plays really well it might even benefit Madrid in that somebody might come in for him with a better offer. Neither of these things would happen if he was just sat at Madrid not playing for a year.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:28 pm

phildavies wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Makes perfect sense for Spurs as they can see wether he is going to be any good or not and if he is going to injured all the time. If he plays well and stays fit they will likely do a similar thing next year or he plays really well it might even benefit Madrid in that somebody might come in for him with a better offer. Neither of these things would happen if he was just sat at Madrid not playing for a year.

wasnt really thinking about another year at Madrid...or that its not sense for Bale or Spurs....which was why i said Madrid...

yes he could have a good season at Spurs ..good enough for anyone to consider taking on 600k a week wages plus some sort of gain for RM at 32 is a huge ask though... and if its anything other than a stand out injury free season... it really is back to square one for them both..
anyway...from a Wales point of view im just really glad he is going to get game time
skidemin

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:11 pm

With the potential of our club we should be building a team around Bale and Ramsey rather than continually buying journeymen and frees! All we need is a Multi Billionaire, anyone know one?
HarriRhys22

Postby maccydee » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:33 pm

skidemin wrote:

No sense at all. Although I suppose if he does really well might be a purchase deal involved.
maccydee

Return to General Chat