TV licence outdated

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TV licence outdated

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:55 pm

I cannot believe we still have to pay for the "privilege" of the quality BBC.

How are we still forced to pay this ridiculous tax?

I understand we have to pay mega money for the talents of Lineker, Zoe Ball etc... but have they no shame at a time when redundancies are rife and economic collapse shrouds the UK?

Fair play to Lineker he's taken a 400k hit.

Should be self financed through advertising and NOT this antiquated unavoidable tax
Big Hill Blue

TV licence outdated

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: TV licence outdated

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:56 pm

Lineker is bang average as a presenter. Shearer on £400k for his chimpanzee antics is a disgrace..it’s getting worse now they’re going down quota boulevard..
rumpo kid

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Lineker is bang average as a presenter. Shearer on £400k for his chimpanzee antics is a disgrace..it’s getting worse now they’re going down quota boulevard..

Now you can see why Shearer does that job and has no interest in going back into management ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Quota boulevard indeed. Its gonna get worse.

They'll be sacking Sir Sue Barker next.

;)
Big Hill Blue

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:21 pm

It's getting worse by the year, biased left-wing politics propaganda, Eastenders, dancing and cooking shit and match of the day with those bellends, (Shearer excluded I quite like him), can't stand Lineker and Wright shit!

I'm going to cancel it and watch only Netflix and Sky :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby ion » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:26 pm

I don't like the way they have gone,so political one-sided,and pushing agendas on you , I've had enough of sky doing the same,I want get rid of sky any advice on alternative non paying like Freesat etc , when my contact is up with sky I'm cancelling the lot there pushing BLM down your throat ,and some of the people there replacing on sky sports are terrible,Alex Scott is ok ,I was looking at fire stick as well so much out there to choose from.
ion

Postby Jock » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Defund the BBC
Jock

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 pm

ion wrote:I don't like the way they have gone,so political one-sided,and pushing agendas on you , I've had enough of sky doing the same,I want get rid of sky any advice on alternative non paying like Freesat etc , when my contact is up with sky I'm cancelling the lot there pushing BLM down your throat ,and some of the people there replacing on sky sports are terrible,Alex Scott is ok ,I was looking at fire stick as well so much out there to choose from.

Well said!! :notworthy: Sky has gone to pot and had the nerve to put up my phone charges one week into lock down.

Like you I have had enough of them. Will be cancelling the lot and moving my TV, broadband and phone to another provider when my contract runs out.

As for the BBC it should be a subscription service. I honestly believe they could offer a decent challenge to Netflix, Amazon etc provided they stuck with programme and film production.

Also we need an independent non-biased commercially funded national news service to replace both the BBC and Sky News.
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat