Would you boo taking the knee if we were back in stadiums

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you boo when players take the knee if we were allowed in stadiums.

Poll ended at Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes : 91

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:59 pm

If we football was still normal and we were allowed in stadiums would you boo when players took the knee at kick off?
Bigmarkw

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Would you boo taking the knee if we were back in stadium

Postby lockey1927 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:46 pm

Yes, cause I find it insulting.

All lives matter whatever colour
lockey1927

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:47 pm

I've never booed City players on the field and I won't do it off it...

Each to their own but I can think of a miriad of perceived issues that would take precedence over a player's arm in the air
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:49 pm

lockey1927 wrote:Yes, cause I find it insulting.

All lives matter whatever colour

Spot on.
Bigmarkw

Postby wez1927 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:56 pm

Keep these Marxist organisations out of sport ,we have kick racism out already in football
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Robbiebluebird » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:59 pm

I don't support BLM, as I'm not a marxist. For the most part most people who seem to support them are useful idiots. That being said, booing someone else's opinion does nothing to further the conversation. There are better ways to go about it.
Robbiebluebird

Postby spikeferndale » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:18 pm

Some of you still don't get it?

If Racism wasn't so rife in our society, organisations such as BLM wouldn't exist.

Open your eyes, " We are a Racist society" and it needs to change.

To say that all lives matter, is stating the obvious and is just trying to deny that we have a real problem, that needs addressing.
spikeferndale

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Robbiebluebird wrote:I don't support BLM, as I'm not a marxist. For the most part most people who seem to support them are useful idiots. That being said, booing someone else's opinion does nothing to further the conversation. There are better ways to go about it.

It’s not about booing they opinion. It’s about using sport as a political tool. It’s a massive step backwards. And it’s fake most of them doing just to save the hassle of not. Keep politics out of sport especially British football it’s insulting.
Bigmarkw

Postby RV Casual » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:46 pm

No, I wouldn't boo them.

It's up to them if they want to do it or not and if they do then I'll respect that.
RV Casual

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:04 pm

RV Casual wrote:No, I wouldn't boo them.

It's up to them if they want to do it or not and if they do then I'll respect that.

I agree with this.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby wez1927 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:17 pm

spikeferndale wrote:Some of you still don't get it?

If Racism wasn't so rife in our society, organisations such as BLM wouldn't exist.

To say that all lives matter, is stating the obvious and is just trying to deny that we have a real problem, that needs addressing.

Racist society? You are speaking shite ffs
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby thomasblue » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Do you not think players kneeling and showing a black power fist pump is racist ?

Racism isn't just a one way thing and the black community have a long way to go to stamp out there own racial tendencies towards other races.

They will never beat racist whilst they are racist themselves in a lot of ways .
thomasblue

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Racist society? You are speaking shite ffs

I tend to agree with him. I known groups of friends to treat white people as lesser beings. An example I was sat at work when a new guy came and sat on my table which was already full I asked him why you didn’t sit in that space there he said I wanted to sit with my brother he’s didn’t know me from Adam let alone related to me we are from different continents.

The truth is there’s racism everywhere but not just by white people but by all races. I would say more deep rooted with ethnic minorities.
Bigmarkw

Postby ion » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:28 pm

Yes I would boo because it's still BLM crap ,for fook sake said it before some of our most idolised players have been black we are not racist , it's causing more problems than solving ,kick racism out I agree ,but when you put all the stuff as well that's going on TV ,like changing presenters to black etc it's starting to grind on people its too much it will have the opposite affect.
ion

Postby Stan_B » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:34 pm

I don't think black people and left wing nutters get it. By making everything about race it causes racist tension. There is so much crap out there now that you are afraid to say anything for fear of some left wing wanker calling you racist. Apparently I'm racist because I don't want economic migrants with no skills and no English coming into the UK. This is how bloody ridiculous it is.

Did you see that stupid bitch Sophie Duker say "When we say we wanna kill Whitey, we don't mean we wanna kill Whitey, we do". No charges or arrested. Yet if a white person were to say something about blacks they'd be straight in the slammer.

From what I can see in this country its white people who are very clearly the main victims of racism!
Stan_B

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:45 pm

Stan_B wrote:

I don't think black people and left wing nutters get it. By making everything about race it causes racist tension. There is so much crap out there now that you are afraid to say anything for fear of some left wing wanker calling you racist. Apparently I'm racist because I don't want economic migrants with no skills and no English coming into the UK. This is how bloody ridiculous it is.

Did you see that stupid bitch Sophie Duker say "When we say we wanna kill Whitey, we don't mean we wanna kill Whitey, we do". No charges or arrested. Yet if a white person were to say something about blacks they'd be straight in the slammer.

From what I can see in this country its white people who are very clearly the main victims of racism!

You are spot on.
Bigmarkw

Postby skidemin » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:52 pm

there is a saying. put your own house in order..
if your a murdered blackman in the USA { where this political mob started up } there is a far greater chance youve been killed by another blackman than killed by a white man... despite there being a hell of a lot less blackmen than whitemen.. sort the drug and guns culture out in your own communities first before bringing your hypocrisy and kneeling over here .
skidemin

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:00 am

skidemin wrote:

if your a murdered blackman in the USA { where this political mob started up } there is a far greater chance youve been killed by another blackman than killed by a white man... despite there being a hell of a lot less blackmen than whitemen.. sort the drug and guns culture out in your own communities first before bringing your hypocrisy and kneeling over here .

Spot on also. Very well said.
Bigmarkw

Postby skidemin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:10 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Spot on also. Very well said.

does my crust mate, its always someone elses fault.. how are you or i responsible in any way for a crackhead killing another crack head in Baltimore or New York.. as for this lot on here i wish they would go and protest in one of these murder hotspots for a week .. im sure if still alive their views would be completely different..
skidemin

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:38 am

The problem would be as I see it the press would have a field day if the stadium booed it and brand all Cardiff fans as racist
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Don Keydick » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 am

I don't think many people in the UK had even heard of BLM until a guy gets killed in a country 4000 miles away. Now suddenly, being born in the UK and being white makes me the biggest racist on the planet????? What a load of crap, I was born and bred in Cardiff and I think we were one of the most tolerant and diverse cities in the country, our history proves it. Tell us what huge problems we have here, this country has done more for racial harmony than most places around the world. And also tell me why BLM are not a racist organisation. This taking the knee is dividing people, not changing minds.
Don Keydick

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 am

I don't think I would boo but because I would not does not mean I support the players on this. In fact I am totally against them.

What would I do if I turned up to watch them and they took the knee? Stay in the concourse until it was over, turn my back on it, I really don't know. I hope when we get back to watching them there is some solution to it all beforehand. It would be good for the club to seek supporters feeling on this before we all come back.
Bakedalasker

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:45 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:The problem would be as I see it the press would have a field day if the stadium booed it and brand all Cardiff fans as racist

I agree. The press are a problem in most situations. They decide what gets headlines and what doesn't.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:25 am

No, I would not boo, nor would i clap. It takes a few seconds, I really don't care.
Its become so corporate its meaningless anyway. Older White male blows his whistle, all 22 players drop onto one knee, a few raise an arm, ref blows whistle all get up and the game starts. Hardly worth getting upset about.

This all goes away if or when uncle Joe is elected in the states. This is political. Its "get your base out", in order to do this we have to remind all black folk that the USA a racist country and only the democrats with a black women VP is your answer.

You have to remember that this all started just over four years ago when the USA had a back two term president, now its Trump its got even worse, but it started under the last year of Obama.
Sky owned by Comcast who also own NBC in the states (MSNBC is as daft with left wing bigots as fox is on the right) aided by the BBC/Guardian (roughly same thing) played along hyping the "world wideness" of it. We didn't get to choose as Covid stopped fans from entering the ground, so know one knows the reaction it will get.
llan bluebird

Postby Jock » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:30 am

Stan_B wrote:

BLM do not speak for all Black People, many oppose their retarded thinking and their constant wallowing in self pity. A violent drug addict dies 4,000 miles away and all of a sudden the UK is blighted by systemic racism. We are not America, we do not have the issues with racism they have. During the 2nd WW American officers told Pubs in Barry not to serve Black Servicemen, they were told to do one and the Pubs carried on treating service personal equally, irrespective of their skin colour. Back in the States Black People faced segregation in shops, transport, education, employment,housing and every other aspect of day to day life. This whole charade is not about genuine racism it’s about forcing an extreme Leftwing Marxist agenda on a country that’s always voted against it. Multi millionaire sports people complaining about white privilege while doing a racist supremacy gesture really is laughable, or at last it would be laughable if it wasn’t so societally destructive and divisive.
Jock

Postby Jock » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:35 am

Fact is the most disadvantaged group in this country is working class white boys. Fact is you really just spout shite with absolutely no understanding of truly going on in this country.
Jock

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:50 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:The problem would be as I see it the press would have a field day if the stadium booed it and brand all Cardiff fans as racist

I wasn’t intending it as just a Cardiff thing all football in general.
Bigmarkw

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:52 am

Bigmarkw wrote:

I wasn’t intending it as just a Cardiff thing all football in general.

Maybe a chant of all lives matter instead of booing. Would be a bit better. But it shows where we are people are scared to go against and just run with it.
Bigmarkw

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:00 am

wez1927 wrote:Keep these Marxist organisations out of sport ,we have kick racism out already in football

Exactly
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:03 am

thomasblue wrote:

Do you not think players kneeling and showing a black power fist pump is racist ?

Racism isn't just a one way thing and the black community have a long way to go to stamp out there own racial tendencies towards other races.

They will never beat racist whilst they are racist themselves in a lot of ways .

Agree with this also :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Next

Return to General Chat