Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you boo when players take the knee if we were allowed in stadiums.

Poll ended at Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes : 91

Re: Would you boo taking the knee if we were back in stadium

Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:12 am

I voted no, but not because I agree with it. I dont.

I think it is abhorent. A mix of ignorant people dancing to the tune of a flagrantly Marxist organisation deliberately stoking the fires of a race war, where none existed.

However, I take my boy to football and trying to either explain that to an 8 year old, or letting him become brainwashed by his heroes who don't know what they kneeling for but want virtue points for being poor oppressed millionaires is a choice I'd rather avoid entirely by getting him a can of pop and a hot dog outside and arriving late.

I 100% respect QPR for their stance on this.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:52 am

I'd like to see our black players walk off if this happens.
If players read messageboards before they sign for clubs .
No wonder we have problems signing decent players .

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:28 am

I suspected opinions on this differ massively amongst our fan base. Looks that way from the poll.

Let the players have their opinion. You can’t make the assumption that they’re all just doing it without knowing why or for the sake of it. If they are, then that’s their prerogative. Easier to have an opinion on a message board than when your a professional sport person in the media glare.

If you have a strong opinion either way as a supporter, there are better and more appropriate ways to voice them than at a football match. People saying that football shouldn’t be politicise would be doing just that.

Whatever your reasons wanting to boo, the interpretation by the media will only be negative (which I would understand). The club has come a long way and booing would only only serve to create negative headlines and damage the club.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:33 am

stickywicket wrote:I'd like to see our black players walk off if this happens.

Yes, I'm sure people disagreeing with a gesture in support of an openly Marxist movement is going to stop players signing.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:35 am

ChippyAl wrote:I suspected opinions on this differ massively amongst our fan base. Looks that way from the poll.

Let the players have their opinion. You can’t make the assumption that they’re all just doing it without knowing why or for the sake of it. If they are, then that’s their prerogative. Easier to have an opinion on a message board than when your a professional sport person in the media glare.

If you have a strong opinion either way as a supporter, there are better and more appropriate ways to voice them than at a football match. People saying that football shouldn’t be politicise would be doing just that.

Whatever your reasons wanting to boo, the interpretation by the media will only be negative (which I would understand). The club has come a long way and booing would only only serve to create negative headlines and damage the club.

The Club has come a long way???? been watching Cardiff since the 70s and race has never been an issue.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:47 am

Jock wrote:
ChippyAl wrote:I suspected opinions on this differ massively amongst our fan base. Looks that way from the poll.

The Club has come a long way???? been watching Cardiff since the 70s and race has never been an issue.

I meant in terms of negative headlines about the club and our fanbase.

If Fans start booing the knee, no doubt the media will drag things up from the past, even if they’re unrelated just to make us look worse.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:54 am

I will walk out and never return if my fellow city fan were to boo black players standing up for their rights to live equally.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:59 am

im afraid its the players that have brought politics into the stadium.. and if the media want to interpret the push back as racism not much you can do , same as when they decided to tar us racists in Reading... wont stop me from doing right ..
going along with something just to keep the peace gets you nowhere...ask this lot...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3128202.stm

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:02 pm

its a football stadium not somewhere to shove their racist views down peoples throats..
racists walk off...honestly i do not care...keep walking racists and take the racist fans with you...

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:20 pm

skidemin wrote:

its a football stadium not somewhere to shove their racist views down peoples throats..
racists walk off...honestly i do not care...keep walking racists and take the racist fans with you...

Thats what might happen the black players might well keep walking.
As for me Ive supported this club since 1960 as an eight yer old kid,So Mr skidemin you can f**k right off.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 pm

stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

As for me Ive supported this club since 1960 as an eight yer old kid,So Mr skidemin you can f**k right off.

good.. and i dont care how old they are or how long theyve been here BLM is racist and has no place at the club whether it be 1960 or 2020...

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:30 pm

davejohns74 wrote:I will walk out and never return if my fellow city fan were to boo black players standing up for their rights to live equally.

Two questions...

Firstly, name just one right in this country that a black person doesn't have equality with a white person has. I mean legally and institutionally here not anecdotal.

Secondly, why was the Black Lives Matter movement, a movement that was pushed by a disgustingly opportunist, openly Marxist and hugely hypocritical organisation allowed to usurp the Kick It Out organisation?

Kick it Out, has a 25 year history of tackling racism and hate through football on the international stage.

Kick it Out achieves a huge amount not by tearing down statues, burning and looting but by building grass roots movements that unite communities rather than divide and most importantly are NON POLITICAL.

If we want to continue to re enforce a message of equality, here at home and use the influence of our football teams to spread that message across the world (a message I'm sure 99% of the us all agree with) then why use an overtly political movement to do that when there is already a well established, respected non-political equivalent that can do the same job?

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:42 pm

There is virtually no racism in British football . These highly paid players have absolutely no idea the agenda of BLM. Just visit their website, its clear for all to see. Full respect to Les Ferdinand and QPR for their stance.
Black lives only matter when a white person is involved. You dont hear of them when black people are being killed by black people in the US on a daily basis. No place in football and i hope this has stopped by the time the fans are back in.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:43 pm

davejohns74 wrote:I will walk out and never return if my fellow city fan were to boo black players standing up for their rights to live equally.

I think you have missed the whole point here just like all these celebrities that have put their support behind BLM.

No one is booing because they are against Blacks but they boo because they believe BLM is fascist.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:53 pm

you do realise they are millionaires not slaves and have all the same rights as you do..

Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:15 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Two questions...

Firstly, name just one right in this country that a black person doesn't have equality with a white person has. I mean legally and institutionally here not anecdotal.

Secondly, why was the Black Lives Matter movement, a movement that was pushed by a disgustingly opportunist, openly Marxist and hugely hypocritical organisation allowed to usurp the Kick It Out organisation?

Kick it Out, has a 25 year history of tackling racism and hate through football on the international stage.

Kick it Out achieves a huge amount not by tearing down statues, burning and looting but by building grass roots movements that unite communities rather than divide and most importantly are NON POLITICAL.

If we want to continue to re enforce a message of equality, here at home and use the influence of our football teams to spread that message across the world (a message I'm sure 99% of the us all agree with) then why use an overtly political movement to do that when there is already a well established, respected non-political equivalent that can do the same job?

Amen to that.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:16 pm

ChippyAl wrote:
Jock wrote:

I meant in terms of negative headlines about the club and our fanbase.

If Fans start booing the knee, no doubt the media will drag things up from the past, even if they’re unrelated just to make us look worse.

True the media really are the dregs.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:40 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Two questions...

Top post

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Very impressive from blm to be considered Marxist, communist, and fascist at the same time.

I'm sure the 'no politics in football' brigade will be up in arms next month when the players wear poppies and have a minutes silence. The only thing they'll actually be angry about is if someone doesn't (like James mcclean)

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:13 pm

skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

good.. and i dont care how old they are or how long theyve been here BLM is racist and has no place at the club whether it be 1960 or 2020...

Skidmarks Your like my Mrs you allways what the last word. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Boo? Definitely not..

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:55 pm

I’ll be turning my back on them.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:56 pm

spikeferndale wrote:Some of you still don't get it?

If Racism wasn't so rife in our society, organisations such as BLM wouldn't exist.

Open your eyes, " We are a Racist society" and it needs to change.

To say that all lives matter, is stating the obvious and is just trying to deny that we have a real problem, that needs addressing.

You’re a tool.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm

spikeferndale wrote:Some of you still don't get it?

If Racism wasn't so rife in our society, organisations such as BLM wouldn't exist.

Open your eyes, " We are a Racist society" and it needs to change.

To say that all lives matter, is stating the obvious and is just trying to deny that we have a real problem, that needs addressing.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:08 pm

Yes I Will Boo
Because if you look at this whole issue from a wider perspective then its just petty that the black people want even more attention than white. As a whole we are all humans on planet earth and we should treat every single individual the same. This does not mean shoving the message down every single persons throat whenever they turn on the TV.

But with this being said we cant really boo or cheer when we return to football stadiums because this could be in the year 2022.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:14 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Very impressive from blm to be considered Marxist, communist, and fascist at the same time.

I'm sure the 'no politics in football' brigade will be up in arms next month when the players wear poppies and have a minutes silence. The only thing they'll actually be angry about is if someone doesn't (like James mcclean)

Communism/Fascism two cheeks of the same shite covered arse.

I don’t know why or if you wear a poppy but I don’t wear one for political reasons, in fact I don’t know what the politics of the poppy are.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Very impressive from blm to be considered Marxist, communist, and fascist at the same time.

I don’t know why or if you wear a poppy but I don’t wear one for political reasons, in fact I don’t know what the politics of the poppy are.

Jock, are you saying you don't wear a poppy because it has political reasons for being or that you do wear a poppy because of what it means to you personally?

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:38 pm

stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Skidmarks Your like my Mrs you allways what the last word. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Jock wrote:

Jock, are you saying you don't wear a poppy because it has political reasons for being or that you do wear a poppy because of what it means to you personally?

The latter mate. I wear it to support servicemen’s charities and spare a thought for what our forefathers went through to defeat real Fascists.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:02 pm

so what hidden agenda was the poppy appeal set up to disguise ?