Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sanderson on his way to us, a permanent deal.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:34 am

glen williams echo

Re: Sanderson on his way to us, a permanent deal.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:06 am

If we can get him and Woodrow on permanent deals, plus Wilson on loan, that would make this a great transfer window in my view. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:12 am

That is not online pust be in print only, strange that the echo is reporting this before online@

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:17 am

Glenns twiiter feed

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:38 am

Sky sports reporting Sunderland are trying to take him on loan

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:44 am

Parody twitter account apparently.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 am

gazthebluebird1 wrote:Parody twitter account apparently.

unfortunately yes

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 am

fred keenor wrote:Glenns twiiter feed

I already checked his official twitter feed, not on there?

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:52 am

Being reported that Sunderland have offered to take sanderson on loan.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:33 pm

Igovernor wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Glenns twiiter feed

I already checked his official twitter feed, not on there?

parody account sorry

Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:39 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Being reported that Sunderland have offered to take sanderson on loan.

also stated that we rte discussing terms with him

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Gone to Sunderland. On SSN now

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:54 pm

I don’t think we were even in for him.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Always thought it was a weird one, dropped like a stone at H/T against Fulham and never seen again, but media say we were in for him... Obviously not, reckon he'll be a premier league centre half in 2 or 3 years time

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:32 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Always thought it was a weird one, dropped like a stone at H/T against Fulham and never seen again, but media say we were in for him... Obviously not, reckon he'll be a premier league centre half in 2 or 3 years time

Agent putting rumours about! Hmmmmm sound familiar? (Rip emiliano)

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Gone to Sunderland. On SSN now

More than surprised for that; according to the press (probably via his agent) he was being lined up by some Premier League teams when he was with us last season...! :shock:

Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:14 am

I thought he was a very average young full back who got destroyed by Fulhams experienced players

I'm surprised so many wanted him back , he needs another year or so to develope at our level before he can be a permanent name on the team sheet. Sunderland would be a great move for him at this stage .

I just don't think he was ready for week in week out championship football.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 am

llan bluebird wrote:Always thought it was a weird one, dropped like a stone at H/T against Fulham and never seen again, but media say we were in for him... Obviously not, reckon he'll be a premier league centre half in 2 or 3 years time

i understood the Fulham substitution as his game went to pieces after the pen.. but agree Harris showed no interest in him what so ever after that until he payed him lip service Thursday after everyone and his dog were going on about it.. personally id have gone for him over the Arsenal fella..

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:04 pm

From what I understand we did approach wolves for him, but due to the rules of only 4 long term(6month or longer) loan players under the age of 24 allowed in a season, we were awaiting on Leicester with the lad we signed. If they turned us down we would of gone in for sanderson

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:04 pm

bluebird04 wrote:From what I understand we did approach wolves for him, but due to the rules of only 4 long term(6month or longer) loan players under the age of 24 allowed in a season, we were awaiting on Leicester with the lad we signed. If they turned us down we would of gone in for sanderson

i didnt know that rule existed... we could have him until January but not for the season...mental..

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:15 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:From what I understand we did approach wolves for him, but due to the rules of only 4 long term(6month or longer) loan players under the age of 24 allowed in a season, we were awaiting on Leicester with the lad we signed. If they turned us down we would of gone in for sanderson

i didnt know that rule existed... we could have him until January but not for the season...mental..

Yeah I can't remember the exact loan rules, but I believe only 5 loan players can be in the match day squad. Short term is considered between 1-3 months... And if I remember correctly your only allowed 2 long term loans for players aged 24 and over

It gets different again if your loaning players from outside your "FA" so loans from teams outside of England would be different.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:24 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yeah I can't remember the exact loan rules, but I believe only 5 loan players can be in the match day squad. Short term is considered between 1-3 months... And if I remember correctly your only allowed 2 long term loans for players aged 24 and over

It gets different again if your loaning players from outside your "FA" so loans from teams outside of England would be different.

i knew about the restrictions re match day squad..but had no idea there were age limitations or length of loan restrictions..sounds mad..you loan 4 for a season and 1 until January, they all do well and are playing but the guy on the January loan has to go back and play under 23s for his parent club..