Four loanees my worry

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Four loanees my worry

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:55 am

What happens when they go? Could be four of our first team out at the end of the season. Money is tight. What or who is going to replace a CB, RB, RW and no 10?

Remember the last season under DJ? Very reliant on loan players.
maccydee

Four loanees my worry

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Four loanees my worry

Postby valleymodeller » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Still better than what Warnock spent last summer. £2m on Vassell, £4m on Flint, £2m on Whyte, £1.5m on Pack, £5.5m on Glatzel. £15m spent. This year £2m spent + £1m on Wilson's loan.

Big earners like Etheridge, Paterson and Flint of the books too.

At least at the end of this season they can evaluate where we are and not have the permanency of those players being on our books.
valleymodeller

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 pm

maccydee wrote:What happens when they go? Could be four of our first team out at the end of the season. Money is tight. What or who is going to replace a CB, RB, RW and no 10?

That's the main issue when loaning a number of players. Unless we get promoted there is no chance of signing any of them. We are in a transition from the squad warnock built to how Harris wants to play. Just have to build the squad each transfer window, sign one or two and loan in players to fill the gaps where needed. One positive to take from this is that we are building relationships with clubs for future loans.
Escott1927

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:20 pm

valleymodeller wrote:Still better than what Warnock spent last summer. £2m on Vassell, £4m on Flint, £2m on Whyte, £1.5m on Pack, £5.5m on Glatzel. £15m spent. This year £2m spent + £1m on Wilson's loan.

At least at the end of this season they can evaluate where we are and not have the permanency of those players being on our books.

The Flint deal was worth 6mill and pack was 4mill mate :roll:
Escott1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:37 pm

maccydee wrote:What happens when they go? Could be four of our first team out at the end of the season. Money is tight. What or who is going to replace a CB, RB, RW and no 10?

Other clubs have more loanees than us but with present crisis it was always going to be way forward for every club as well...... with our loans at least can play in premier league if we signed them cannot say same for lot other clubs...
pembroke allan

Postby HarriRhys22 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:44 pm

valleymodeller wrote:Still better than what Warnock spent last summer. £2m on Vassell, £4m on Flint, £2m on Whyte, £1.5m on Pack, £5.5m on Glatzel. £15m spent. This year £2m spent + £1m on Wilson's loan.

Spot on, we have wasted millions on crap players,Leeds,WBA and Fulham all had excellent loan players who they signed permanently when they got promoted, it’s they way to go in the Championship.Premier clubs can only have a squad of 25 so they always have plenty of players to loan out it’s just a matter of building good relationships with top clubs,we would have got promotion last season if we had signed Brewster?
HarriRhys22

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:46 pm

Neil, I'd have worried more if we hadn't had any of them, which is what I was bracing myself to expect :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Sven wrote:

Neil, I'd have worried more if we hadn't had any of them, which is what I was bracing myself to expect :ayatollah:

That’s a very good point
maccydee

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:01 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

That’s a very good point

Neil, I was genuinely and (unexpectedly) pleasantly surprised at yesterday's business...! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Pulisnewport » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Let’s see how they all do this season.

Bit of luck we will get promoted and can buy the ones that have done well for us.

Long way to go but loads to look forward too!
Pulisnewport

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:03 pm

I'm confused how you created a thread praising Tan yesterday, but have now followed that up today by expressing your concerns of the number of loan players we have, totally contradicting yourself.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:29 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I'm confused how you created a thread praising Tan yesterday, but have now followed that up today by expressing your concerns of the number of loan players we have, totally contradicting yourself.

Not at all.

I’m really happy to get Wilson but my point is valid about loanees.

Plus I’m trying to be balanced so Annis doesn’t think I’m on his payroll.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:35 pm

maccydee wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Not at all.

I’m really happy to get Wilson but my point is valid about loanees.

Plus I’m trying to be balanced so Annis doesn’t think I’m on his payroll.

He'll appreciate that, Neil; people were beginning to wonder! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
Sven

Postby welshrarebit » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:03 pm

We won’t need to replace a CB as we sent one of ours our. He will come back.
Loaning the others gives us time to consider options.
welshrarebit

Return to General Chat