Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bacuna

Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:37 am

Bacuna is a liability at full back... Hope this switch doesn't cost us.

Re: Bacuna

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:02 pm

To be fair he isn’t a left back. He is there because of injury

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 pm

welshrarebit wrote:To be fair he isn’t a left back. He is there because of injury

To be fair his introduction to the PL with Villa was at Left Back where he scored on his debut against Man Utd and played a couple of seasons in that position

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm

My point still stands. He wasn’t selected there he was moved there because of an injury. He didn’t cost us and he won’t be the main player there.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:59 pm

He started off ropey but 2nd half i though he did well for a right footed midfielder

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 pm

Why are some people so determined to still criticise one of our players after a good performance and win? Bacuna filled in and did his best, he's not a left back, but we still kept a clean sheet. Enjoy our win.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Why are some people so determined to still criticise one of our players after a good performance and win? Bacuna filled in and did his best, he's not a left back, but we still kept a clean sheet. Enjoy our win.

Agree with you, my point is that he can play LB and has done so for a while and at the top level

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Why are some people so determined to still criticise one of our players after a good performance and win? Bacuna filled in and did his best, he's not a left back, but we still kept a clean sheet. Enjoy our win.

Spot on fella and well said

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Not his strongest position but he did a good job today
Well played Bacuna today pushed into Left back after injury,LB RB CM he does his best for the team
Not many players are as versatile as him.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:56 pm

He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:23 pm

Some people like to moan...even after a very good away win. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:47 pm

Blueman39 wrote:He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much

Now now,less of the positivity!!!

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:06 pm

Agree mate.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Blueman39 wrote:He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much

All opinions but I think he’s very good at CDM at this level.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:21 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

This.

Great win today and all the team deserve our praise.

Just a couple of observations rather than criticisms:

Bacuna - Quality CDM but a liability at full back - his defensive mentality at the moment is entirely lacking and likely to cause us major issues if he retains that position for long.

Osei-Tutu - Decent pacey full back but looks a bit light weight - too easily knocked off the ball.

Bamba - Been a God and a Rock in years gone by but not now - there were times today where he had no idea where the ball was but got lucky with the bounce.

Well done the Lads!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:25 pm

blemmy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

This.

Bacuna - Quality CDM but a liability at full back - his defensive mentality at the moment is entirely lacking and likely to cause us major issues if he retains that position for long.

Osei-Tutu - Decent pacey full back but looks a bit light weight - too easily knocked off the ball.

Bamba - Been a God and a Rock in years gone by but not now - there were times today where he had no idea where the ball was but got lucky with the bounce.

Agree re Bamba. I’ve no idea why the new CH didn’t come on tbh.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:55 pm

I thought bacuna did a good job considering he was out of position and on his wrong foot with no time to prepare .

Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 pm

thomasblue wrote:I thought bacuna did a good job considering he was out of position and on his wrong foot with no time to prepare .

Agreed thought Bacuna had a good game both in midfield and at full back he has been one our best players since the comeback. Apart from one bad game away at Reading last season he has been ok when he has had to play fullback though he is better in midfield. I was dubious about the signing when Warnock signed him but he has got better and better.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
blemmy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

This.

Agree re Bamba. I’ve no idea why the new CH didn’t come on tbh.

bit strange... if he is going to play Sol ahead of him maybe we should have brought a RB in...no doubt we will know more in time..