Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Full backs

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:39 pm

With all our fullbacks injured who plays against Bournmouth. I really don’t want Nelson to be moved from centre back. Does it mean we play with 3 at the back?

Re: Full backs

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Brezza wrote:With all our fullbacks injured who plays against Bournmouth. I really don’t want Nelson to be moved from centre back. Does it mean we play with 3 at the back?

We have to adapt. Ralls has played at left-back and Bacuna can do right back. Also there is the new signing who has been known to cover at full-back apparently.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:32 pm

I’m hoping Joel Bagan has a chance. But Harris did say Bennett should be fit this week in his post match presser (not sky sports one) but Bournemouth may come a bit to soon. Bacuna could cover the RB, although I thought Nelson was superb there for the short period he was today.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:43 pm

I would say its likely looking at today that Harris would play Bacuna in that position if both are unfit

Tutu looking a lot more relaxed and confident on the other side but I worry at his age that he can play the whole season

Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Very surprised we didn't manage to get Sanderson. Despite right back being our problem position for a season or two we are still no better off numbers wise. I know Bacuna and Nelson can cover there but I would like us to have signed a recognised right back. Perhaps we'll snap up a free agent. There must be a few around in this climate.

I think we looked good today but with a massive amount of fixtures coming up I think we need two or three more bodies.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:05 pm

My only hope is that if both fullbacks are out and Nelson slots in to RB he doesn’t play Bamba in central defence :o

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:26 pm

New lad will play CB. Probably just wanted to hold him back so he can work on a relationship with the others defenders.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:34 pm

welshrarebit wrote:New lad will play CB. Probably just wanted to hold him back so he can work on a relationship with the others defenders.

Yes that was my thoughts too mate.
He looks class tbf - albeit on YouTube :laughing6:

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:54 pm

More importantly what’s he like on champ manager!!?? I’ll have little better to do with all these lockdowns haha