“ CITY TODAY My THOUGHTS! “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Igovernor » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:59 pm

“ CITY TODAY MY THOUGHTS “

Well in between my sat going off I saw most of the game as Chris stated first half nothing to write home about but I guess our possession stats were quite high, but we did not look like scoring apart from Moores header looping over the bar. I was quite pleased with the two loan youngsters who to me had their best game so far. When cunningham went of injured and they brought on Wilson, i thought oh no they are going to play him at left back :laughing5:
Never the less they put Baccuna there, I have to say me thinking when he played right back that he is not one, he is definitely not a left back, although he did not give so many balls away playing there, he did play more like a wing back bombing forward.

What a goal by Ojo and a perfect pass from moore, and to see Wilson ready for a pass who was free, just shows what we can expect of him.

Once again Morrison played a blinder, and Pack was again showing what he can do, Also when tutu went of injured I thought that nelson was excellent, so we now know he can play there. I think Harris played Hoillet because although his attacking lately has not been up to his standard, he really does defend very well, something Murphy, should be doing.

The second half, Preston and a lot of possession but no cutting edge, but a lot of that is down to the superb city defending, every man and his dog doing their defending as if their life depended on it.and lets not forget Smithies who did not have much to do what he did do he did it well, apart from a fist out that went everywhere except away, I saw him on the ground after he managed to retrieve the ball smiling and said to myself, "Yes you can smile boy" :laughing6: lets not forget Ralls who also worked hard shutting down the Preston players and Vaulks and Bamba who came on to shut Preston out.

The whole team played well today and just goes to show, that possession is not the b end of it. it's goals that count
I am really pleased today and a lot more positive looking forward to this season, only thing I will say, is how i wish we were watching City live, from a seat in the stadium, not from a seat in the lounge at home. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :old:
Attachments
AF7EB546-9934-4B2F-B5AA-522342964C3E.jpeg
AF7EB546-9934-4B2F-B5AA-522342964C3E.jpeg (268.76 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
Igovernor

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CITY TODAY My THOUGHTS!

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:23 pm

I enjoyed today,even the first half where I though we played some decent stuff and during the game Wilson gave us a glimpse of the stuff to come as he played one or two very cute passes.When the rest of the team get to know his game a little better I think we'll see him at his best.The only thing I was sad to see was Sol being a shadow of his former self at the moment.A missing yard of pace and his timing on a jump leave a lot to be desired.
Sneggyblubird

Re: “ CITY TODAY My THOUGHTS! “

Postby Robbiebluebird » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:29 pm

We need to be better at finding that killer pass in the final third, but overall a very solid and positive performance!
Robbiebluebird

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Glimpses fo what we can be. Resolute in defence and a goal that came from great work from Moore, an incredible finish from Ojo with Wilson giving the space from another run that pulled their defence apart. Good work from the new boys

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 am

Rock solid at the back, hardworking in midfield but not enough creativity in the final third

If we are to get promoted we need to create and score more goals

On paper we have the players to do that but will they be consistent enough??
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Don Keydick » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:03 am

I also thought it strange that Wilson came on for Cunningham. I naturally thought that our new defender would come on at CB and put Nelson at LB. Still it worked and we got a great 3 points so who am I to question the manager. Need to follow that up now and start winning home games. Looking forward to getting back in the stadium, hope it wont be long. :ayatollah:
Don Keydick

Postby kimble » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:30 am

Why was Pack taking the free kicks when we had Wilson with a wand of a left foot standing next to him ...and his free kicks were abysmal.
kimble

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:31 am

Thank you Roger a very positive match report :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat