Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wow : No pressure on Neil Harris then. Cardiff chairman

Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:39 am

piledriver64 wrote:Nothing wrong with Dalman saying that.

Like it or not, this board has put money out there in probably the most difficult window ever seen in football for most clubs.

On top of that the owner is ploughing money in to keep us afloat every month.

The signing of Wilson was the most expensive option over the Barnsley guy. They haven’t gone cheap.

Signing a Premier league international defender wasn’t the cheap option either.

Moore wasn’t a cheap option. Nor were the two youngsters on loan.

Some people have an agenda against the owners that make their comments laughable.

I don’t know whether it’s enough for promotion but credit where it’s due they’ve had a go.

Yes you’re spot on in everything you’ve said. I’m very happy with those transfers in and out for that matter so yes credit where it’s due.
I was probably one of the worst haters of Vincent Tan when he rebranded us and I thought I could never forgive him but I also believe that if it wasn’t for him then we may not have been in existence any longer, none of us know that for sure, he had his hands burnt but never turned his back on us where he could’ve quite easily have walked away. He reversed his rebrand and I for one take my hat off to him for that and he’s still ploughed money into us to keep us going on a monthly basis and I am grateful to him for that also. The grass is sometimes not greener on the other side.
I do and will respect anyone’s opinion of VT as it’s their prerogative and their right to their opinions but my personal feelings are that VT has been and will probably be the best owner, (rebrand aside), that this club has ever seen and quite possibly will ever see. My hatred for him has totally disappeared and instead I’m grateful to him because I’ve still got my beloved club here to support where as some supporters sadly can’t say that about their clubs.
Be very careful what you wish for is my advice to some people. Don’t cut your nose off to spite your face. :thumbup:
Onwards and upwards :ayatollah:
Long may it continue. Bluebirds

Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Like it or not, this board has put money out there in probably the most difficult window ever seen in football for most clubs.

The signing of Wilson was the most expensive option over the Barnsley guy. They haven’t gone cheap.

Some people have an agenda against the owners that make their comments laughable.

I don’t know whether it’s enough for promotion but credit where it’s due they’ve had a go.

Yes you’re spot on in everything you’ve said. I’m very happy with those transfers in and out for that matter so yes credit where it’s due.
I was probably one of the worst haters of Vincent Tan when he rebranded us and I thought I could never forgive him but I also believe that if it wasn’t for him then we may not have been in existence any longer, none of us know that for sure, he had his hands burnt but never turned his back on us where he could’ve quite easily have walked away. He reversed his rebrand and I for one take my hat off to him for that and he’s still ploughed money into us to keep us going on a monthly basis and I am grateful to him for that also. The grass is sometimes not greener on the other side.
I do and will respect anyone’s opinion of VT as it’s their prerogative and their right to their opinions but my personal feelings are that VT has been and will probably be the best owner, (rebrand aside), that this club has ever seen and quite possibly will ever see. My hatred for him has totally disappeared and instead I’m grateful to him because I’ve still got my beloved club here to support where as some supporters sadly can’t say that about their clubs.
Be very careful what you wish for is my advice to some people. Don’t cut your nose off to spite your face. :thumbup:

Other than your previous hatred of Tan, which I didn't share with you and many others, your post is spot on. The owner could have walked away after the rebrand but his financial support of the club has kept us competitive for many years, particularly in the Championship. And long may it continue, especially in these very difficult and trying times.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:30 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Other than your previous hatred of Tan, which I didn't share with you and many others, your post is spot on. The owner could have walked away after the rebrand but his financial support of the club has kept us competitive for many years, particularly in the Championship. And long may it continue, especially in these very difficult and trying times.

Having read back what I wrote I think I should rephrase it:
When I said I was probably one of the worst haters of Vincent Tan, what I should’ve said is I was one of the worst haters of what he did to our club by changing its identity. I hope that sounds better but yes the rest of it is how I feel now. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:50 am

bluebird04 wrote:have to disagree with you there annis, you cant say we havent spent money, we just announced we've bought charltons keeper for an undisclosed fee. (shocking really, other positions needed cover) we've just paid £1.2m to liverpool to loan wilson, and are rumoured to be paying the full £60k a week wages of his.

Kieffer Moore also.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:41 pm

Up to 12th - 2pts off the the play-off spots ;)

Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:have to disagree with you there annis, you cant say we havent spent money, we just announced we've bought charltons keeper for an undisclosed fee. (shocking really, other positions needed cover) we've just paid £1.2m to liverpool to loan wilson, and are rumoured to be paying the full £60k a week wages of his.

Kieffer Moore also.

Most o here agree that a better back up than day was needed,in case Smithies got injured ,do you think day would have been adequate? Many fans don't.
We are paying 25k a week for Wilson plus a Mil if promotion is achieved.don't believe all you read is my advice. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird: