I don’t get it

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I don’t get it

Postby Brezza » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:38 pm

So we sign a goalkeeper when Harris said we did not need three. We sold Etheridge and back to 3. Sold Flint and replaced with another centre back. Do we really need 4 ? If he is a loanee he is expected to play. So does that mean Nelson drops out? Harsh. Wilson is a good signing though as he dovetail’s with Tomlin. Felt we needed another right back. Still. Upwards and onwards :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Brezza

I don’t get it

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I don’t get it

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 pm

Brezza wrote:So we sign a goalkeeper when Harris said we did not need three. We sold Etheridge and back to 3. Sold Flint and replaced with another centre back. Do we really need 4 ? If he is a loanee he is expected to play. So does that mean Nelson drops out? Harsh. Wilson is a good signing though as he dovetail’s with Tomlin. Felt we needed another right back. Still. Upwards and onwards :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Harris is just re reconfiguring players hes got rid flint as him and Morrison cant play together...... Etheridge needed to be sold before end contract and most good clubs have 3 goalies day is suspect and not ready should smithies gets long term injury! What hes done is made us stronger and more versatile .... so ending NW style of players
pembroke allan

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 am

Brezza wrote:So we sign a goalkeeper when Harris said we did not need three. We sold Etheridge and back to 3. Sold Flint and replaced with another centre back. Do we really need 4 ? If he is a loanee he is expected to play. So does that mean Nelson drops out? Harsh. Wilson is a good signing though as he dovetail’s with Tomlin. Felt we needed another right back. Still. Upwards and onwards :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Maybe we’ll play 3 at the back?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:41 am

It won't surprise me if Nelson moves across to RB for some games with Benkovic playing at CB with Morrison.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 am

I think it means we won't see Aden Flint in a Cardiff shirt again.
Sneggyblubird

Postby thomasblue » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:06 am

Etheridge was average and expensive to sit on the bench so got replaced by a young highly rated keeper who will be on a lot less money

Nelsons reading of the game and positioning due to his lack of experience at this level is costing us goals and points so I fully expect the new guy to take his place

I see no point in singing Wilson if it means dropping Tomlin . He will need to find a way of getting them in the same team
thomasblue

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:30 am

You can't improve the team without some players losing out, that's the point in signing new players. Benkovic is meant to be a real class act. If Nelson dropping to the bench means our defense becomes more solid and we can play it out better from the back then that'll happen. Philips is an improvement on Day, who the majority of people had concerns about if smithies got injured. Philips is also 5 years younger than smithies, so if he's good enough he'll be with us for a while. We needed a creative player as Tomlin will be in and out of the squad all season so we signed Wilson who can play on the wing and in the number 10 role.

Honestly can't see why people are moaning with these signings. Ideally we would have signed a rb as well but it didn't happen for whatever reason. Hopefully Tutu can stay fit until the January window, if not Bacuna will have to drop in at rb like he did last season.
Escott1927

Postby wez1927 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:58 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

I was thinking that as tutu is rapid and ojo could play as q wing back
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby moonboots » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:06 pm

Escott1927 wrote:

You can't improve the team without some players losing out, that's the point in signing new players. Benkovic is meant to be a real class act. If Nelson dropping to the bench means our defense becomes more solid and we can play it out better from the back then that'll happen. Philips is an improvement on Day, who the majority of people had concerns about if smithies got injured. Philips is also 5 years younger than smithies, so if he's good enough he'll be with us for a while. We needed a creative player as Tomlin will be in and out of the squad all season so we signed Wilson who can play on the wing and in the number 10 role.

Honestly can't see why people are moaning with these signings. Ideally we would have signed a rb as well but it didn't happen for whatever reason. Hopefully Tutu can stay fit until the January window, if not Bacuna will have to drop in at rb like he did last season.

Very nicely summed up mate. A very good window for the Club. Would like us to have signed Sanderson to cover RB and CB and a different type of striker to the two big lads we have. Woodrow would have been ideal, but in view of the financial climate we did ok.
If we can push on and be in contention in January I'm sure Tan will sanction another one or two signings.
moonboots

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:17 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

I think that may very well be the case, certainly in some games.

I think I read that Harris said that the new guy from Leicester was very comfortable on the ball and I think Harris wants to play out from the back more.

Interesting times, we are still thin in the ground at fullback if Bennett or Osei Tutu are injured (I don't rate Cunningham) but playing that formation would ease that pressure.
piledriver64

Return to General Chat