' Yes or No? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Yes or No? '

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:02 am

Ex-QPR, Birmingham City and Cardiff City man still a free agent after Norway release

Football 72

Tuesday 17th November 2020

Former QPR, Birmingham City and Cardiff City midfielder Jordon Mutch is still without a club after being released by Norwegian side Aalesunds FK earlier this summer.

In February 2019, midfielder Jordon Mutch left Premier League side Crystal Palace to make a surprise move to South Korean side Gyeongnam FC. The switch saw Mutch move outside of the UK for the first time in his career, presenting him with a new challenge.

Mutch’s stint with the South Korean club came to an end later that year, then moving on to join Norwegian club Aalesunds in February of this year. However, his time with the club was short-lived, leaving Aalesunds in September this year.

Following his release, Mutch has been on the lookout for a new club as a free agent. Any club can bring the 28-year-old on a free transfer but after almost two months, Mutch remains without a club.

After spending time abroad in South Korea and Norway, it would be interesting to see if Mutch fancied a return to English football. The midfielder has a vast amount of experience in both the Championship and Premier League.

Mutch came through Birmingham City’s academy, picking up experience out on loan and notching up 36 appearances for the Blues before leaving to join Cardiff City in 2012. Mutch spent two years with the Bluebirds, netting seven goals and laying on eight assists in 60 games prior to his move to QPR.

The midfielder spent just half a season with QPR before leaving to join Crystal Palace in January 2015 and he would go on to remain with Palace until 2019. Mutch endured stints away from Selhurst Park with Reading and Vancouver Whitecaps, playing 40 times for the Eagles before leaving for Gyeongnam.

With Mutch available for nothing, would you like to see your club make a move for the free-agent midfielder? Let us know what you think in the poll at the bottom of the page.

Would you like your club to move for Mutch?

Yes

No
Attachments
480038129.jpg
480038129.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Yes or No? '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Yes or No? '

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:41 pm

We know he possesses the talent,and that doesnt just disappea,and I would take him back on short term contract,maybe pay as you play(to see if he is motivated) we need something different from midfield,so why not?
bluesince62

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:56 pm

bluesince62 wrote:We know he possesses the talent,and that doesnt just disappea,and I would take him back on short term contract,maybe pay as you play(to see if he is motivated) we need something different from midfield,so why not?

With you on that :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Worth a punt I think
Pembroke bluebird

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:17 pm

76 appearances in the 6 years since he left.

If we signed some random person who since 2017 had played 18 mls games, 8 Japanese league games, and 1 Norwegian league game before being released there'd be calls for the transfer board to be sacked. Just because that person had a good season here closer to a decade ago can't change that for me.
CCFCJosh75

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Not for me.Rarely works a second time and we got enough sick notes on the books anyway.
Sneggyblubird

Postby skidemin » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:23 pm

no
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:05 pm

His style is exactly what we need as a player but is he still good enough ?

As a free signing he could be worth a contract until the end of the season on low wages to prove himself
thomasblue

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:27 pm

thomasblue wrote:His style is exactly what we need as a player but is he still good enough ?

As a free signing he could be worth a contract until the end of the season on low wages to prove himself

He is only 28,which I was surprised at,and yeah pay as you play.we need something different in midfield thats for sure.
bluesince62

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:29 pm

No unfortunatley for Mutch we have not seen or heard from him ever since he left us in the Premier League.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Return to General Chat