" WALES PROMOTED TO LEAGUE A OF UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Wales have been promoted to League A of the UEFA Nations League.

This is the top tier. As usual, there will be four groups of four teams in League A.

Our 2022/23 Nations League campaign will run from June 2022 to September 2022, with the four group winners in League A taking part in the Nations League Finals in June 2023.

Below are all the teams in League A for the 2022/23 campaign.

2022/23 UEFA Nations League - League A nations

Austria

Belgium

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

England

France

Italy

Germany

Holland

Hungary

Poland

Portugal

Spain

Ukraine

Wales
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " WALES PROMOTED TO LEAGUE A OF UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE "

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Only spain out that lot worry me.lol.
Well done boys,and two ccfc boys scoring to boot!! And in the big boys league now, with kids in sbundance too.
bluesince62

Postby Monmouth » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:50 pm

Very impressed with Finland thought their set plays were light years ahead of ours, they were very good without the ball and Even better with what ball they had. Second half we were pedestrian up front With very little movement off the ball, we always seem to rely on a bit of individual brilliance rather than manufacturing a goal. And yes I know the old cliche that it’s harder to play agains 10 men.
Try and nick their coach welsh FA think what we could achieve !!
Monmouth

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:52 pm

Monmouth wrote:Very impressed with Finland thought their set plays were light years ahead of ours, they were very good without the ball and Even better with what ball they had. Second half we were pedestrian up front With very little movement off the ball, we always seem to rely on a bit of individual brilliance rather than manufacturing a goal. And yes I know the old cliche that it’s harder to play agains 10 men.

Where in Finland do you live? :o
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Monmouth wrote:Very impressed with Finland thought their set plays were light years ahead of ours, they were very good without the ball and Even better with what ball they had. Second half we were pedestrian up front With very little movement off the ball, we always seem to rely on a bit of individual brilliance rather than manufacturing a goal. And yes I know the old cliche that it’s harder to play agains 10 men.

:lol: :lol:
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:22 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Well ffs 4 posts since jan 19 and bigs up Finland with user name linked to Monmouth!! Must be red herring? :D
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Wales have been promoted to League A of the UEFA Nations League.

This is the top tier. As usual, there will be four groups of four teams in League A.

Our 2022/23 Nations League campaign will run from June 2022 to September 2022, with the four group winners in League A taking part in the Nations League Finals in June 2023.

Austria

Belgium

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

England

France

Italy

Germany

Holland

Hungary

Poland

Portugal

Spain

Ukraine

Wales

Plus probably got route to world cup qualification playoffs as a backup :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby BC-CB » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:57 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Only spain out that lot worry me.lol.
Well done boys,and two ccfc boys scoring to boot!! And in the big boys league now, with kids in sbundance too.

Can anyone remember two CCFC players scoring for Wales in the same game before tonight? I have watched CCFC and Wales since 1965 but I can't remember it happening, but I could be wrong Toshack and someone perhaps?
BC-CB

Postby skidemin » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:06 pm

BC-CB wrote:

Can anyone remember two CCFC players scoring for Wales in the same game before tonight? I have watched CCFC and Wales since 1965 but I can't remember it happening, but I could be wrong Toshack and someone perhaps?

i think you have to go as far as the 1920s mate
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Wales have been promoted to League A of the UEFA Nations League.

Austria

Belgium

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

England

France

Italy

Germany

Holland

Hungary

Poland

Portugal

Spain

Ukraine

Wales

Plus probably got route to world cup qualification playoffs as a backup :thumbup:

yes mate.... the way the nations league groups have finished i doubt a bookie would give you odds at all for us being in the World cup play offs....
skidemin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:01 am

Well done to the players and staff .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Where in Roath do you live? :o

Fixed for you Allan.
Sneggyblubird

Postby BC-CB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:45 am

skidemin wrote:
BC-CB wrote:

A couple of cans of stella after my earlier post I remembered seeing Jason Koumas and Robert Earnshaw scoring in a 2-1 win in Budapest against Hungary. It was around 2003. Unsure if they were both City players at the time? :occasion5:
BC-CB

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:04 am

OFFICIAL: UEFA World Cup Qualifying Pots

Romania Flag of Romania claims the final spot in Pot 2.
Finland Flag of Finland grabs a spot in Pot 3 at the expense of Bosnia Flag of Bosnia & Herzegovina

The draw will be conducted December 7th.
Attachments
EnIwLWrWEAA9cmq.png
EnIwLWrWEAA9cmq.png (22.7 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skidemin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:11 pm

BC-CB wrote:
skidemin wrote:
BC-CB wrote:

A couple of cans of stella after my earlier post I remembered seeing Jason Koumas and Robert Earnshaw scoring in a 2-1 win in Budapest against Hungary. It was around 2003. Unsure if they were both City players at the time? :occasion5:

Koumas didnt sign for us until 2005... there are quite a few of those where a player had just left or signed a year later... but 2 current... ? i think it was 1924... which tbh if correct is shocking
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Where in Roath do you live? :o

Fixed for you Allan.

Thanks sneggy didn't want to upset him by accusing him of being our friend from down under... :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:20 pm

How and when is the draw for League A of UEFA Nations League made? Are the teams seeded or is it an open draw?
HarriRhys22

Postby skidemin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:59 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:How and when is the draw for League A of UEFA Nations League made? Are the teams seeded or is it an open draw?

i dont think they have set a date fir the draw yet... but pretty sure there have been seedings for the first 2..

will add that they altered the size of leagues between the first nations league and the one just finished.. so changes are possible ?
skidemin

Return to General Chat